News:

Congratulations!! You, yes, YOU, dear user, have been selected for the "You Read This News Item" award! Click here for your prize!!

Main Menu

General Pokémon

Started by DrP, July 18, 2010, 04:32:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What's your favorite Mega Evolution (G2)

Ampharos
Scizor
Heracross
Houndoom
Tyranitar

Echo

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on January 07, 2014, 12:54:55 PMIt does seem a bit early to even have that many details of the next generation planned out... sad, though: that plot does seem rather interesting.

If any of this is true, I was thinking it'd be the same generation, just the "second half" of it. Like, X/Y is the first half of the new generation, and the new versions would be an expansion of it. Only reason I'm thinking this is because of that Hitchhiker who gives you the Strange Souvenir, and his stories of another region and stuff.

Quote from: Nebbles on January 07, 2014, 01:29:37 PMThe plot sounds way too dark for a Pokemon game. I'm not buying it.

X/Y spoilers
X/Y was all about a mass genocide with Pokemon sacrifices. >_>
[close]

Quote from: Waddle Bro on January 07, 2014, 05:26:04 AM
Spoiler
Grass/Electric damn
[close]
I don't believe this to be true tho

Spoiler
The Lawn Mower's enough for me.
[close]

Nebbles

...even so, I still don't believe it.
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

SlowPokemon

Eh what the hell. I'll buy it. It seems realistic enough.

Imagine if Plusle was exclusive to Minus and Minun was exclusive to Plus.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Olimar12345

Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

SlowPokemon

Huh. Good for him, he's a really hardworking guy with a lot of talent. I find him to be the weakest composer of Pokemon games though.

Waddle Bro

Quote from: Echo on January 07, 2014, 04:26:03 PM
Spoiler
The Lawn Mower's enough for me.
[close]
Spoiler
Considering it only gets Leaf Storm as a Grass STAB, no, it isn't.
[close]

Echo

Quote from: Waddle Bro on January 07, 2014, 09:21:52 PM
Spoiler
Considering it only gets Leaf Storm as a Grass STAB, no, it isn't.
[close]

Spoiler
Eh, I just use Mow-tom as a Volt Switcher who can nuke Ground-types anyway (especially those annoying Water/Ground types), so Leaf Storm's fine for me. Rather than better STAB moves, I'd be more interested in combining Volt Switch with supporting moves like Leech Seed/Sleep Powder, so that you could force switches with Seed/Powder and then take advantage of that with a Volt Switch.

I guess Petal Blizzard/Discharge could be cool for doubles since you could cover either Ground or Flying resists with the other move, and Wood Hammer/Wild Charge would be funny on a Reckless Pokemon, but I don't really care for Electric/Grass offensively just because it's kinda redundant.
[close]

SlowPokemon

I'm honestly fine with any types, as long as the starters have cute or cool designs. Chespin, Quilladin, and Chesnaught was my favorite line in Gen VI since all three had good designs, and Froakie looked cool after it evolved, but in my opinion Fennekin's evolutions were sort of a miss. I think it was a very unique way to go with the Fire starter, and I love that they did something different, but I think ultimately it's a pretty disappointing starter. I'll never be using Delphox in-game.

Waddle Bro

Quote from: Echo on January 08, 2014, 08:04:18 AM
Spoiler
Eh, I just use Mow-tom as a Volt Switcher who can nuke Ground-types anyway (especially those annoying Water/Ground types), so Leaf Storm's fine for me. Rather than better STAB moves, I'd be more interested in combining Volt Switch with supporting moves like Leech Seed/Sleep Powder, so that you could force switches with Seed/Powder and then take advantage of that with a Volt Switch.

I guess Petal Blizzard/Discharge could be cool for doubles since you could cover either Ground or Flying resists with the other move, and Wood Hammer/Wild Charge would be funny on a Reckless Pokemon, but I don't really care for Electric/Grass offensively just because it's kinda redundant.
[close]
Spoiler
I'd just like a Grass-move that doesn't make you a set-up fodder after a wrong prediction. Like Energy Ball.
[close]

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: Echo on January 07, 2014, 04:26:03 PMIf any of this is true, I was thinking it'd be the same generation, just the "second half" of it. Like, X/Y is the first half of the new generation, and the new versions would be an expansion of it. Only reason I'm thinking this is because of that Hitchhiker who gives you the Strange Souvenir, and his stories of another region and stuff.
If they're introducing new Pokémon and new starters, it likely wouldn't be the same gen. Unless they'd want to really change the formula. :o
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Kman96

It's been one year since Pokemon X/Y was announced!!!! :D
Party Hard!
[close]

Wrydryn

So guys, I have an entire box full of Chikoritas! Let me know if you want one.

Dude

Yugi

So I got my Celebi before the rest of you.

Am I not superior?

Nebbles

I can finally transfer over my gen 5 mons... I'm so happy.
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel