News:

We seem to have trapped one of the mods within the forum's code... and we're not sure how to get him out. Oh well, he'll figure it out!

Main Menu

General Pokémon

Started by DrP, July 18, 2010, 04:32:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What's your favorite Mega Evolution (G2)

Ampharos
Scizor
Heracross
Houndoom
Tyranitar

Nebbles

It's not that hard to learn them. If you catch a pokemon, look closely at its status. The raised nature is in red, and the lowered one in blue. If nothing's highlighted, it's neutral.
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

mikey

Um I'm 100% sure it doesn't do that.
unmotivated

Dude

B2W2 and Gen VI have it for sure, I'm not sure about BW or earlier though.

SlowPokemon

They've done that in every game starting with HeartGold/SoulSilver.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

mikey

Quote from: SlowPokemon on February 24, 2014, 02:18:08 PMThey've done that in every game starting with HeartGold/SoulSilver.
That would explain a lot.
unmotivated

Roz~

Quote from: Waddle Bro on February 24, 2014, 06:55:53 AMVerlisify is a fucking idiot who doesn't know how to play well.

"Evasion is just a superior strategy", "Slurpuff walls Mega Kangaskhan", "don't let anything set up(that's the counter)", "Tiers limit creativity", "Sash Talonflame"

That is all. Smogon is there for a reason.

Amen. I sure enjoyed watching all the drama unfold
Did you see the video where he claims he won/went undefeated to a regionals tournament with a Minimize/Stockpile/Baton Pass team, when in fact he did poorly and he lost a couple of games to the timer? Also Cybertron's video on Verlisify was pretty good. And yeah, I lol'd hard @ Slurpuff and Sash Talonflame. This guy is just a casual player looking for attention.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on February 13, 2013, 01:16:55 PM
Thanks. For a moment there I was worried, though. I almost needed to blow you.

Yugi

i assume that by verlisify you mean darksydephil

Waddle Bro

I just watched Spade's interview, since I didn't bother wasting my time to finish listening the other videos =P

Roz~

I'd watch it, but it's an hour+ long and listening to Verlisify's "arguments" for over an hour... no thanks =P

fingerz

...Don't kill me, but I don't even see how people can even enjoy a Pokemon battle that requires brain strategy. Seriously, where's the fun in attempting to take someone down in an hour because you've set up some super-complicated trap? Personally, I just create the strongest possible team with a fabulously creative moveset and destroy everyone before they have a chance to even set anything up. That's fun. :P
Classical / Jazz / Contemporary
Performer / Arranger / Educator
Bb, A, C & Bass Clarinet / Soprano, Alto, Tenor & Baritone Saxophone / Basset Horn

blueflower999

It's the difference between playing a game of chess with normal setup and pieces and playing a game of chess where every piece moves like a Queen.
Bulbear! Blueflower999

fingerz

See, I never got into chess. But moving every piece like a Queen would be so much fun! :D

Well, whatever works! It just bores me, though. Why on earth would you put that much time into making something that's not always gonna work. At least you'll die quickly if your powerhouse team isn't very effective. ;)
Classical / Jazz / Contemporary
Performer / Arranger / Educator
Bb, A, C & Bass Clarinet / Soprano, Alto, Tenor & Baritone Saxophone / Basset Horn

Nebbles

Well hey, competitive battling isn't everyone's cup of tea. No biggie, you like what you like.

Roz~

Quote from: fingerz on February 27, 2014, 06:12:19 PMSee, I never got into chess. But moving every piece like a Queen would be so much fun! :D

Well, whatever works! It just bores me, though. Why on earth would you put that much time into making something that's not always gonna work. At least you'll die quickly if your powerhouse team isn't very effective. ;)

To me, what's fun is all the mindgames that come with competitive battling. Then again I play doubles, where predictions are much more important than they are in singles. It's just pretty fun to try and outplay your opponent with a team you've worked so hard to make work.

Nebbles

Agreed. Managing to out-predict your opponent is really fun.