News:

Are you on Discord? Join our server!

Main Menu

General Pokémon

Started by DrP, July 18, 2010, 04:32:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What's your favorite Mega Evolution (G2)

Ampharos
Scizor
Heracross
Houndoom
Tyranitar

Altissimo

Quote from: K-NiGhT on July 04, 2015, 11:57:31 AMcontests are a lot easier than they used to be imo, but they're still hella fun and you get a mega stone for doing them all iirc

Lucarionite, I believe. And yes, they are hella easier, not least because you don't need "good" Pokéblocks in order for your Pokémon to get high contest stats. But the expanded repertory of moves means there's a lot to do!

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: K-NiGhT on July 04, 2015, 11:57:31 AMcontests are a lot easier than they used to be imo
Can confirm. Did all them with the same Pokemon.
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Nebbles

I had no idea they made contests easier. Geez.
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

TheDreamingHawk

Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 05:27:40 PMI had no idea they made contests easier. Geez.

They did, which is what I mentioned earlier, since I entered contests very frequently in RSE. Very upset with Game Freak on how they pretty much made everything horribly easy and removed the battle frontier. You don't even have the Pokeblock cap anymore meaning you can max out the contest stats in all five categories easily, and Master Rank contests can't be lost once you do that.

Heck, even the Pokeblock minigame is gone, which means you select berries and you get a Pokeblock instead of having to work hard for a good one. I remember feeling accomplished when I got a Master Rank Cute ribbon back in the day, but now I feel like Game Freak treats the hardcore players like they don't want a challenge anymore, and thinks a cheap AI leftover from X and Y will replace what Hoenn was pretty much known for. Downright insulting especially with that Battle Tower model in the Battle Resort. I really, really hope the year off means that Game Freak will actually make a good Gen VI game for once when the final two games come out. They redeemed Gen V with B2/W2, so I hope they can do so with the next two games.

...Though if it's another Kanto remake I give up on the main series. I'm dead serious, I need to be blown away again like I was with Gen IV and BW2. PMD still can do it, so Game Freak should be able to as well.

My Video Game review website: http://www.seafoamgaming.com

My Youtube Gameplay/retrospective channel: https://www.youtube.com/SeafoamGaming

Nebbles

I was really upset to find out the Pokeblock minigame was gone... I really enjoyed it. I really agree with you in all your points though, it's not the same at all and I miss the Battle Frontier a lot, and the challenges it offered... having the Battle Frontier teased in the Resort was just salt in the wound.

mikey

whenever I played that minigame I inevitably went cross eyed
unmotivated

Pianist Da Sootopolis

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on July 04, 2015, 07:22:45 PMwhenever I played that minigame I inevitably went cross eyed
Isn't that part of the beauty of it?
what is shitpost

mikey

Actually yes, yes it is
unmotivated

K-NiGhT

I just enjoy the simpler contests for some reason. The old ones were so frustrating because the AI always knew how to screw you over. Also, Spectacular Talents are always fun.
Quote from: K-NiGhT on April 11, 2024, 11:54:48 AMwow, 20 years

*crumbles into dust and blows away in the wind*

Pianist Da Sootopolis

Quote from: K-NiGhT on July 06, 2015, 03:56:03 PMI just enjoy the simpler contests for some reason. The old ones were so frustrating because the AI always knew how to screw you over. Also, Spectacular Talents are always fun.
The ones in D/P/P always annoyed me for some reason. R/S/E's contests were way better IMO
what is shitpost

Nebbles

D/P/P's were nice, but I like R/S/E ones way more.

K-NiGhT

So, I'm trying to get every single Mega Evolution in Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire right now. I'm close to having all the stones, but there's a couple Pokémon that I still haven't managed to acquire. These Pokémon are:

• One Mewtwo (already have one for the X stone)
  • Tyranitar
  • Diancie (rip lmao)
If anyone is able to help me out at all with this let me know! I'm so close ;_;

SlowPokemon

I'm 99% sure I have a Garchomp you can have. In return though, would you mind trading me either Kyogre or Jirachi if you have them, purely for Pokédex reasons? Annoyingly, those are the only two of the Hoenn Dex I'm missing in my Omega Ruby and I'd really like to complete it.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

K-NiGhT

I'm actually looking for a Jirachi myself, but I have a Kyogre I can loan you for the dex lol. Apparently, there's an event going on in Japan where they're giving away Jirachis for the Tanabata festival ;_; why can't we have Jirachi too?

Waddle Bro

You could always try GTS or import from past gens