News:

The monkeys are up to something...

Main Menu

General Pokémon

Started by DrP, July 18, 2010, 04:32:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What's your favorite Mega Evolution (G2)

Ampharos
Scizor
Heracross
Houndoom
Tyranitar

Altissimo

that's not what i am getting at at all my god

people complained that the exp share made the game too easy. now, without trainer exp bonuses, both turning the exp share off and using the exp share will still result in lower leveled pokemon on your part, meaning you dont get super overleveled super quick

edit: actually wait I was wrong when I said it was just the trainer bonus that was different in the formula! It also looks like the game will use Gen 5's level-scaling mechanic, in addition to removing the trainer bonus.

Dudeman

Makes sense. If they're adamant about keeping the Exp. Share the way it is, then they'd need another way to decrease the inflow of experience. I think it's a good compromise.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

Nitro Indigo

This remix is amazing. It has a lot of original parts, and bits of various PMD music, but it's still recognisable as a Dark Matter remix. Also, it's a collab between two of my favourite remixers.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on January 07, 2017, 11:45:40 AM
You mean a thing that happened some time ago is older now and it's suddenly dawning on you that an equal amount of time has passed for you as well? How revolutionary.

Dudeman

So, does everyone remember how there've been reports going around about studios bidding for the rights to make a live-action Pokémon movie?

Okay. Now, does anyone remember that Legendary seemed to be making the strongest push?

Well, apparently they won. We're getting out live-action film, folks. Get your tickets, because the hype train is leaving the sta--

...hm? What's that? ...they're doing what? ...it's based on that?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Th64L0VGA3I
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

BlackDragonSlayer

And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Altissimo

Dudeman

I read somewhere a while back that he actually said no to this specifically. :'(

Yug_Guy

Quote from: Dudeman on July 20, 2016, 04:56:49 PMSo, does everyone remember how there've been reports going around about studios bidding for the rights to make a live-action Pokémon movie?
Okay. Now, does anyone remember that Legendary seemed to be making the strongest push?
Well, apparently they won. We're getting out live-action film, folks. Get your tickets, because the hype train is leaving the sta--
Eh. To be perfectly honest, I don't really like the idea of a live-action Pokemon movie. Something about putting Pokemon in a realistic setting just seems off to me. I mean, I've seen fan "trailers" for realistic Pokemon movies, and I've never been super impressed by them. I really think they need to try something differen--

Quote from: Dudeman on July 20, 2016, 04:56:49 PM...hm? What's that? ...they're doing what? ...it's based on that?
Spoiler
Spoiler
[close]

Dudeman

I think I'm gonna do a Nuzlocke of Y, no Exp. Share or Wonder Trading. It'll actually be the first time I've attempted one so hopefully it'll be fun!

E. Gadd Industries

I still have yet to try one and still don't entirely get the concept.
"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

WaluigiTime64

Nuzlockes are pretty simple to understand. It's just a bunch of self-imposed rules to make the main-game actually challenging.

1. You can only catch the first Pokemon that you find in a route. The start of the game (before you get pokeballs) ignores this rule.
Example: I encounter a Pidgey on Route 1, but I have no Pokeballs, so it doesn't matter. I go back to Route 1, in the hopes of getting a Pidgey again, but I get a Rattata instead. I am forced to use either: a) Catch the Rattata, or: b) Leave the Rattata and not catch anything on Route 1 ever again.

2. If a Pokemon faints, it must be put into the PC, never to be seen again. This makes items such as Revives useless.
Example: My starter faints. I have to go to the Pokemon Centre, put it in the PC and never take it out ever again.

3. Optional: Rename your Pokemon to something that'll make you actually care about it. Adds to the hurt and fear of losing it.
Example: I rename my Kakuna as "ID#000". This is against the rule.

I can't remember if this is everything or not, because I'm just writing this off the top of my head. People just do Nuzlockes because it adds a challenge to a fairly easy game, and makes you feel a bit more for your Pokemon.
My Arrangements (All Outdated)
My Compositions (All Outdated)
Quote from: WaluigiTime64I strive for second place and I will fight for the position.

E. Gadd Industries

Huh. I may have to give that a try sometime when I have spare time. And lots of it.
"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

Dudeman

Okay, I went and moved all my 'mons into the Pokémon Bank and restarted my file. The Nuzlocke has begun!

Current Progress: Just defeated Viola. That's a story right there.

Current Team:
Lv. 13 Steaklord (Fennekin, Male, Starter)
The majority doesn't seem to care much for the Fennekin line and I think it's regarded as the worst of the starters competitively, so obviously I had to pick it. Also because Braixen (hence the nickname).
Lv. 14 Birble (Pidgey, Male, met Route 2)
I was really happy not to run into a Bunnelby or Fletchling as my first catch. Birble's proven to be a better choice than Steaklord in most situations so he's ended up leveled higher. Oops?
Lv. 10 Filmore (Spewpa, Male, met Santalune Forest)
Sad that I didn't get an elemental monkey out of the forest, and I thought Filmore would probably just end up being filler (hence the name) which I'll end up replacing. Luckily he's proven to be hardy and has Stun Spore and Protect.
Lv. 10 Marbeline (Azurill, Female, met Route 3)
Marbeline's way more frail than I was expecting and it can hardly do anything with the Water-type attacks it has, which kind of sucks. I've had Azumarills on teams in the past which I've loved so I'm holding out on her. Plus she's the only potential Water-type I have right now.
Lv. 10 Palmer (Riolu, Male, met Route 22)
F*** YEAH I RAN INTO A RIOLU FOR MY FIRST ENCOUNTER. He doesn't have a lot offensively at the moment, but I think Palmer will be a staple of the team, provided he doesn't die.

Things went pretty smoothly until I fought Viola. Going into the gym, I forgot that it's impossible to get out without beating it first, but the trainers inside were little trouble. Viola though...kind of embarrassing, actually. I led with Steaklord to get the type advantage over Bug, but I forgot that Viola's first 'mon was a Surskit, which proceeded to use Water Sport on the first turn. So much for that. So I switched to Birble (who knows Gust) and beat it pretty quickly. Then Viola sends out her Vivillon, which shouldn't be a problem, except it knows Infestation, and Infestation prevents switching. Also I'd forgotten to level my 'mons decently beforehand 'cause I thought I'd be able to leave the gym between battles, so Birble and Steaklord were the only ones whose levels could match hers. And now I'm stuck with Birble taking residual damage from Infestation and decent damage from Tackle, of all things. I did beat her using only Birble, but I had to use 7 of my 10 potions and Birble probably would have died if the Vivillon ever got a crit. I really want to keep Birble.

This is fun. Stressful, but fun.

UPDATE: I should have known naming that Bulbasaur Cedric was a bad idea. Casualty count: 1. I hate Fufrous.

Shadoninja

[Redacted]
"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

Dudeman