News:

We seem to have trapped one of the mods within the forum's code... and we're not sure how to get him out. Oh well, he'll figure it out!

Main Menu

General Pokémon

Started by DrP, July 18, 2010, 04:32:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What's your favorite Mega Evolution (G2)

Ampharos
Scizor
Heracross
Houndoom
Tyranitar

Nebbles

true true... there's nothing backing up the "mistake" idea.
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: Nebbles on December 04, 2012, 03:11:26 PMbahahah the image of a little fish evolving into a giant dragon is hilarious

Magikarp and Gyarados are based off mythology anyway I believe, so trying the "mistake" route is absolutely wrong.
Logic behind it, yes. Especially the tiny fish becoming a mighty beast.

Quote from: the_last_sheikah on December 04, 2012, 03:13:46 PMI know, I was just making fun of his theory cause he has no hard evidence.
Using THAT logic, the ony "hard evidence" would be a statement from Game Freak. I'm not the only one to propose the theory; I'm just thinking of the way it might make the most sense.
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Roz~

The only reason people think the people at Gamefreak swapped Butterfree and Venomoth is that Venomoth is superior to Butterfree because of its stats and its movepool, and that it would've been too overpowered for a pokémon you can get at the start of the game. I guess the only way to know if it's real or not would be to ask the people from Gamefreak during the Pokémon World Championship since you can actually talk to them a little.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on February 13, 2013, 01:16:55 PM
Thanks. For a moment there I was worried, though. I almost needed to blow you.

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: Roz~ on December 04, 2012, 06:38:16 PMThe only reason people think the people at Gamefreak swapped Butterfree and Venomoth is that Venomoth is superior to Butterfree because of its stats and its movepool, and that it would've been too overpowered for a pokémon you can get at the start of the game. I guess the only way to know if it's real or not would be to ask the people from Gamefreak during the Pokémon World Championship since you can actually talk to them a little.
There's one problem with that theory:
Only the sprites would be swapped if the theory is true.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Roz~

I'm not saying that it makes sense, I'm mentioning it because a lot of people think that. And there's also the possibility that Butterfree was considered for the Venonat evolution but scrapped for Venomoth, and then they brought the design back for Metapod. Also if you look at the List of Pokémon by index number, Venonat is on its own and Venomoth was made later. This could mean that they planned to use Butterfree as Venonat's evo, but they scrapped it, and when Caterpie/Metapod came around, they decided to use the Butterfree sprite after all.
I'm just stating some facts that could make sense, as I personally don't believe that anyone at Gamefreak messed up, though it's true that if you look at Venonat and Butterfree's sprites from Pokémon Green, the resemblance is uncanny.

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: Roz~ on December 05, 2012, 09:56:09 AMI'm not saying that it makes sense, I'm mentioning it because a lot of people think that. And there's also the possibility that Butterfree was considered for the Venonat evolution but scrapped for Venomoth, and then they brought the design back for Metapod. Also if you look at the List of Pokémon by index number, Venonat is on its own and Venomoth was made later. This could mean that they planned to use Butterfree as Venonat's evo, but they scrapped it, and when Caterpie/Metapod came around, they decided to use the Butterfree sprite after all.
I'm just stating some facts that could make sense, as I personally don't believe that anyone at Gamefreak messed up, though it's true that if you look at Venonat and Butterfree's sprites from Pokémon Green, the resemblance is uncanny.
You can see how such similarities have decreased over the years... especially the eyes, head/body, and wings.
However, in Generation 3, especially, it looks more like a moth than anything else...
Some people have stated that both could be based on butterflies...

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Roz~

Venomoth's Japanese name: Morphon. Its name comes from the Morpho butterfly. Basically the American people who translated its name are the one who decided it was gonna be a moth. And yeah, the sprites are going to change over the years because the technology improves. No Gen 1 'mon look exactly the same now as it did back then. If you don't want to look at the sprites, then look at the concept art Sugimori drew. The resemblance still is uncanny. Also some caterpillars end up being moths so Caterpie evolving into Metapod and then Venomoth could make sense.

Kman96

Look what I found!

This is some sick shit right there.
Party Hard!
[close]

FSM-Reapr

*finds Tynamo in nuzlocke challenge*

*catches it*

*Tynamo dies to a Pursuit*

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-

Jompa

Quote from: FSM-Reapr on December 06, 2012, 04:54:45 AM*finds Tynamo in nuzlocke challenge*

*catches it*

*Tynamo dies to a Pursuit*

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-
Oh, god - all the hours I lost to that Tynamo...
More importantly: HI FSM!!!!! WE MISS YOU!! SUP?! :D
Birdo for Smash

FSM-Reapr

Fine, here for one day(explained in another thread). Nice to see you too.

So.
In Celestial Tower, there is a young girl who owns a Litwick. After you have defeated that girl, she automaticly says this:
"Losing a battle is so draining.
I feel really burned out somehow."
As some of you may know, Litwick's Pokedex description says this:
" Its flame is usually out, but it starts shining when it absorbs life force from people or Pokémon. "
That might mean that after you have defeated that Litwick, it no longer has any energy of it's own, meaning the Litwick starts absorbing the little girl's life force to regain it's energy.
The girl has no idea that her best friend, Litwick, hurts her on purpose.

That is the saddest thing in the entire game in my opinion.

I'm going to ring that bell just for her.

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: FSM-Reapr on December 06, 2012, 09:57:10 AMFine, here for one day(explained in another thread). Nice to see you too.

So.
In Celestial Tower, there is a young girl who owns a Litwick. After you have defeated that girl, she automaticly says this:
"Losing a battle is so draining.
I feel really burned out somehow."
As some of you may know, Litwick's Pokedex description says this:
" Its flame is usually out, but it starts shining when it absorbs life force from people or Pokémon. "
That might mean that after you have defeated that Litwick, it no longer has any energy of it's own, meaning the Litwick starts absorbing the little girl's life force to regain it's energy.
The girl has no idea that her best friend, Litwick, hurts her on purpose.

That is the saddest thing in the entire game in my opinion.

I'm going to ring that bell just for her.
*eyetwitch*

I prefer to think of it as:
Since her Litwick was defeated, she feels such a strong connection that she feels "drained" as well... :P
Wishful thinking, though...

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Nebbles

Durant's a beast, holy crap. Why haven't I used one before?

FSM-Reapr

Also, after that battle against the girl, she leaves to the Pokemon Center and in there she says:
"After our Pokemon battle,
I felt a little burned out.
But, as long as my dear Litwick is
with me, I'll be OK anytime, anywhere!"

Imagine her living her entire life as a Pokemon Trainer. Every time she loses, she loses a ton energy. And she has no clue what is going on.

Nebbles

that would make a really good creepypasta...