News:

Want to request some new sheets? Head on over here first!

Main Menu

General Pokémon

Started by DrP, July 18, 2010, 04:32:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What's your favorite Mega Evolution (G2)

Ampharos
Scizor
Heracross
Houndoom
Tyranitar

FierceDeity

Idk whether or not they're doing a remake (have they announced it yet?), but it definitely won't have as much incentive as fire red/leaf green or heart gold/soul silver, seeing as you can already transfer your pokemon from third gen games. Sure, there are definitely some major improvements made with the remakes, but the main incentive for most people, other than being able to transfer pokemon from that gen, is nostalgia, and for that I can just go play my old games...

Nebbles

No word on an RSE remake of any such, but we'll see. It's possible to transfer Pokemon, but it's time consuming a bit... but thing is, people would buy it. And the younger generation never played them, so it'd offer them to experience gen 3 as well.
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

Yugi

Quote from: shadowkirby on March 05, 2014, 06:27:10 PMLeave it to a smogoning-jerk to take all the fun out of battling.
is SMOGON ruining the METAGAME???

mikey

Quote from: Nebbles on March 05, 2014, 07:37:52 PMNo word on an RSE remake of any such, but we'll see. It's possible to transfer Pokemon, but it's time consuming a bit... but thing is, people would buy it. And the younger generation never played them, so it'd offer them to experience gen 3 as well.
Aren't we the younger generation?
I thought the older generation was the people who played R/B and were done
unmotivated

FierceDeity

Let's be cautious with the word "we" here haha, I grew up with RBY and kept playing...

But yeah, people would definitely buy the remake, I'm just saying there's less incentive than there was with the other ones.

Nebbles

Erm, newer. hurr i can tell time

I mean, I'm a sucker for Hoenn, I'd buy it. But I think they'd have to do sequels? If they did that instead, it'd creative heavy incentive because it's different.

Waddle Bro

Nebbles

I'd sell my soul for a 3D Hoenn. And remastered Hoenn music.

mikey

I don't have a 3DS
could they sell it for NDS? >.>
unmotivated

Waddle Bro

Never gonna happen, they'll encourage you to buy a 3DS

blueflower999

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on March 06, 2014, 06:20:49 AMI don't have a 3DS
could they sell it for NDS? >.>
How about we start being a bit realistic here :P

The 3DS has been out for almost three years now.
Bulbear! Blueflower999

Dude

Plus the WFC is going away, so yeah, get a 3ds.

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: blueflower999 on March 06, 2014, 12:29:46 PMHow about we start being a bit realistic here :P

The 3DS has been out for almost three years now.
Has it really been that long... O_O

Getting a 3DS is a great thing to do; aside from Pokémon games, you have numerous other wonderful games!
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Nebbles

Yeah, they're getting rid of the NDS wifi come May 20th. So it's really in your best interest to get a 3DS. If the 3DS is too pricey for you, the 2DS is an option.

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Nebbles on March 04, 2014, 05:28:24 PMKalos was massively underwhelming for me. I expected more.

It's not often that I get to say this, but I totally agree with Nebbles.

Don't get me wrong here--Pokemon is Pokemon is Pokemon, and Pokemon is fantastic. So I didn't dislike Pokemon X and Y. But I didn't get very much lasting satisfaction from it, either.

I'm gonna have to rant a bit here; I apologize. I don't know about anyone else, but playing through Pokemon Black and White, and Pokemon Black 2 and White 2, really invoked memories of why I started to love Pokemon in the first place. Everything felt magical and beautiful again.

Pokemon X just didn't do that for me. I can't argue that it isn't the best-looking Pokemon to date. But I can argue that its charm feels shallow and doesn't really resonate with me personally. The graphics are of a technical quality that's above and beyond Pokemon Black and White, but they don't feel quite as immersing to me.

And I could go on about all the nitpicky problems I have with Pokemon X. The game feels saturated with older Pokemon. The newer Pokemon that are there are something of a mixed bag--I love some of them and I hate some of them, but more offensive than the ones I hate are the ones that are just sort of there, forgettable and awkward. And I mean it's not like I'm hellbent on not liking new Pokemon; no one was more eager to rush out to the store and buy Pokemon X than I was.

Don't bash me for this, please. Pokemon X and Y seems to have hit all the right chords with just about everyone, and that's great--seriously, I'm really happy that Game Freak is making a comeback with the masses after a lot of folks skipped out on the fifth generation. It just felt almost like a knockoff Pokemon game to me--it was almost a chore to play, and that's something that I never thought I would say about any Pokemon game.

In other breaking news, it actually makes no sense to bash games you haven't played, so I'd recommend not doing that from now on Nocturne
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.