News:

Congratulations!! You, yes, YOU, dear user, have been selected for the "You Read This News Item" award! Click here for your prize!!

Main Menu

General Pokémon

Started by DrP, July 18, 2010, 04:32:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What's your favorite Mega Evolution (G2)

Ampharos
Scizor
Heracross
Houndoom
Tyranitar

Nebbles

Heck, I agree with you too! Adding too many old Pokemon made it felt weird - they kinda shoehorned in the Kalos Pokemon and was like "yeah look we added new ones see". With a small Pokedex, less than 100, it didn't feel very new. Which, you know, they'd think to do for a brand new game.

I hope the next installments are better...
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

mikey

Slow, there are certain games I won't play because of their terrible appeal.
When my friend started telling me about the new pokemon games back in 8th grade I said that was kinda dumb and I wouldn't play it.
unmotivated

SlowPokemon

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on March 07, 2014, 06:03:53 AMSlow, there are certain games I won't play because of their terrible appeal.

I understand this statement but I don't see what it has to do with new Pokémon games???
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

mikey

Quote from: SlowPokemon on March 07, 2014, 06:06:33 AMI understand this statement but I don't see what it has to do with new Pokémon games???
The thing that irked me about black and white was it seemed Nintendo just wanted to spit out 150 new pokemon to say "hey we've got a ton more cool ones for you" when to be honest most of them didn't seem to have any effort put in them at all.  There was also the fact that you couldn't find any pokemon NOT just created.  I know this was alleviated in B2W2 but by then I was already biased against it. (mandibuzz, sounds like a bug type, nope!  It's a bird!)

As for X and Y they seem more like My Sims games at first glance.  They added one of the stupidest types ever, right near the Dark type.  They gave eevee ANOTHER evolution because he totally needed one.  Yeah.  Because 3 weren't unique enough.  And they still didn't try on the new pokemon.
unmotivated

SlowPokemon

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on March 07, 2014, 06:14:45 AMThe thing that irked me about black and white was it seemed Nintendo just wanted to spit out 150 new pokemon to say "hey we've got a ton more cool ones for you" when to be honest most of them didn't seem to have any effort put in them at all.  There was also the fact that you couldn't find any pokemon NOT just created.  I know this was alleviated in B2W2 but by then I was already biased against it. (mandibuzz, sounds like a bug type, nope!  It's a bird!)

As for X and Y they seem more like My Sims games at first glance.  They added one of the stupidest types ever, right near the Dark type.  They gave eevee ANOTHER evolution because he totally needed one.  Yeah.  Because 3 weren't unique enough.  And they still didn't try on the new pokemon.

There is so much ridiculousness here that I really can't bring myself respond to it, except to tell you that it's Game Freak who develops Pokemon games, not Nintendo.

mikey

Quote from: SlowPokemon on March 07, 2014, 06:28:12 AMThere is so much ridiculousness here that I really can't bring myself respond to it, except to tell you that it's Game Freak who develops Pokemon games, not Nintendo.
k then
unmotivated

Dude

Mandible+Buzzard=mandibuzz

way to go genius

Jompa

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on March 07, 2014, 06:14:45 AMThe thing that irked me about black and white was it seemed Nintendo just wanted to spit out 150 new pokemon to say "hey we've got a ton more cool ones for you" when to be honest most of them didn't seem to have any effort put in them at all.  There was also the fact that you couldn't find any pokemon NOT just created.  I know this was alleviated in B2W2 but by then I was already biased against it. (mandibuzz, sounds like a bug type, nope!  It's a bird!)

except for the madibuzz statement, I agree pretty hard with this.
But all you're talking about is the "first glance", and I who've played them, know that there's more to the games than the appeal of the front cover.

My opinion about the generations: 3rd is the best. I like to think that the rest could might as well not even exist and I would still love pokémon equally as much. You could say my love for Pokémon is solely generation 3's work.
After that it's 1>6>5>2>4. The generation I didn't play too much off was gen 2, so I'm just not as into it.
Birdo for Smash

K-NiGhT

For me, it was 3>2>6>1>5>4

wow, way to make completely unfounded statements on games you've never played. you, sir, are the literal definition of a genwunner.
Quote from: K-NiGhT on April 11, 2024, 11:54:48 AMwow, 20 years

*crumbles into dust and blows away in the wind*

BlackDragonSlayer

They probably should have saved a few designs for later, yes, but BW was essentially "starting over from the beginning," so I can understand where their decision was coming from.

QuoteThey gave eevee ANOTHER evolution because he totally needed one.  Yeah.  Because 3 weren't unique enough.
Am I the only one who wants an Eevee for every type?
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

SlowPokemon

Hmm if I had to rank the games...

1. Hoenn
2. Unova
3. Kanto / Johto (tied)
5. Sinnoh
6. Kalos

But if I were to make an inequality based on that like you guys did, it would look like this:

III > V > I = II > IV >>>>>>>>>> VI

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on March 07, 2014, 08:26:22 AMThey probably should have saved a few designs for later, yes

Really? I don't think so. What designs do you think they should have "saved for later?"

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: SlowPokemon on March 07, 2014, 08:30:49 AMReally? I don't think so. What designs do you think they should have "saved for later?"
I wasn't really referring to any in specific, just mentioning the general lack of Pokémon in Gen 6 (as was brought up earlier).

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

mikey

Quote from: Dude on March 07, 2014, 07:16:40 AMMandible+Buzzard=mandibuzz

way to go genius
since when do birds have mandibles
you know the pincer things that bugs have?
unmotivated

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on March 07, 2014, 08:33:51 AMsince when do birds have mandibles
you know the pincer things that bugs have?
To be extremely technical... :P

QuoteMandible
the jaw or a jawbone, esp. the lower jawbone in mammals and fishes.

either of the upper and lower parts of a bird's beak.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

mikey

unmotivated