News:

Found an issue in the Requests Board? Let Bubbles know!

Main Menu

General Pokémon

Started by DrP, July 18, 2010, 04:32:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What's your favorite Mega Evolution (G2)

Ampharos
Scizor
Heracross
Houndoom
Tyranitar

Nebbles

Yeah for real, if you're going with a physical fire type, use Darmanitan over Flareon. Flareon still kinda sucks anyway.
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

SlowPokemon

But Darmanitan is hella ugly. Also I'm pretty sure nocturne is playing a gen III game based on the fact that Shadow Ball is physical.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Waddle Bro

Quote from: Nebbles on August 02, 2014, 12:50:43 PMYeah for real, if you're going with a physical fire type, use Darmanitan over Flareon.
Or ZardX or Victini. Victini is majorly overlooked in the OU metagame imho.

Nebbles

Quote from: SlowPokemon on August 02, 2014, 01:09:55 PMBut Darmanitan is hella ugly. Also I'm pretty sure nocturne is playing a gen III game based on the fact that Shadow Ball is physical.

So? It's still a good Pokemon.

And oh right, ghost was physical back then. That made Flareon a little more useful since it could have Shadow Ball... I just feel bad for Flareon though. It really deserves a better movepool.
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: SlowPokemon on August 02, 2014, 01:09:55 PMBut Darmanitan is hella ugly. Also I'm pretty sure nocturne is playing a gen III game based on the fact that Shadow Ball is physical.
but slow

how can you say this thing is ugly

so cute
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

braix

I have a team of 6 Zoroarks on Pkmn White. It obviously didn't work out.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PMBraixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

Echo

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on August 02, 2014, 09:23:30 AMIs flareon any good?  I got one in the battle factory and physical sweeper flareon seemed to wreck face with shadow ball.  It also had overheat for those pesky high defense steel types or something idk
Although I did end up getting swept by a gardevoir... switched in to whiscash when I should have switched to exeggutor.

Anything works in-game. Good points are its high attacking stats and Special Defense, and it can't get walled by stuff like Skarmory and Forretress which usually wall other physical attackers. Gonna have to rely on Baton Pass'd Speed from something like Ninjask or Jolteon since there's no Trick Room in Gen 3.

If you move on to Gen 6, it's still outclassed or faces competition from pretty much every other physical Fire attacker, but it's one of the best Pokemon in Eevee Cup at least.

Quote from: zoroark1264 on August 02, 2014, 03:15:09 PMI have a team of 6 Zoroarks on Pkmn White. It obviously didn't work out.

those mindgames

mikey

Quote from: Echo on August 02, 2014, 03:28:40 PMAnything works in-game. Good points are its high attacking stats and Special Defense, and it can't get walled by stuff like Skarmory and Forretress which usually wall other physical attackers. Gonna have to rely on Baton Pass'd Speed from something like Ninjask or Jolteon since there's no Trick Room in Gen 3.

eeeh it was holding a quick claw.  Seemed to work out with priority overheat one shotting steelix and skarmory, shadow ball pretty much 2 shotted any thing else.  I was just wondering if it was something I could take to other battle areas
unmotivated

UnknownKirbyMan

Well...
It's been quite a while since I've been here.
I'm needing a Metagross with trick, stealth rock, and adamant nature.
No way to get those moves without B2/W2.
Any willing to trade for that?
I only have a copy of X right now.

I mean pokemon,  not games...
Quote from: Nakah on October 28, 2013, 11:27:22 AM
I always respect my local poison herbalist.

Waddle Bro

Idk why you'd want to run Trick with Rocks, because it's generally used with the Choice items to break stall, I think they're the only viable items to go with Trick. Trick+three attacking moves is a better set imo.

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: Waddle Bro on August 04, 2014, 04:33:16 AMIdk why you'd want to run Trick with Rocks, because it's generally used with the Choice items to break stall, I think they're the only viable items to go with Trick. Trick+three attacking moves is a better set imo.
Trick an Iron Ball to the foe (or, alternatively, a Choice item), then set up Stealth Rock (assuming they switch, you have a free opportunity to do so).

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Waddle Bro

Who the fuck would run Iron Ball Metagross, it's just bad and gimmicky as hell. If you don't believe me, just go to Showdown chat to argue. Besides, Lagging Tail is superior to Iron Ball.
Wasting two turns on just getting simple Rocks up isn't worth it, especially when there are way better options.

Tl;dr You'd be better off running Thunder Wave, but Metagross likes that Meteor Mash+Earthquake+Bullet Punch combo. Take one of those three moves away and it's viability decreases a lot(especially with Iron Ball).

I personally run the Assault Vest set with those three moves and Zen Headbutt.

mikey

Quote from: Waddle Bro on August 04, 2014, 06:28:11 AMWho the fuck would run Iron Ball Metagross, it's just bad and gimmicky as hell. If you don't believe me, just go to Showdown chat to argue. Besides, Lagging Tail is superior to Iron Ball.
Wasting two turns on just getting simple Rocks up isn't worth it, especially when there are way better options.

Tl;dr You'd be better off running Thunder Wave, but Metagross likes that Meteor Mash+Earthquake+Bullet Punch combo. Take one of those three moves away and it's viability decreases a lot(especially with Iron Ball).

Your tldr is nearly as long as your first thing anyway
unmotivated

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: Waddle Bro on August 04, 2014, 06:28:11 AMWho the fuck would run Iron Ball Metagross, it's just bad and gimmicky as hell. If you don't believe me, just go to Showdown chat to argue. Besides, Lagging Tail is superior to Iron Ball.

Iron Ball also has the added effect of negating Levitate and making Flying types vulnerable to Earthquake, while essentially having the same effect as Lagging Tail (except that the holder isn't guaranteed to move last- but with a 50% speed reduction, they're most likely going to). Also, Stealth Rock is commonly used with Trick/Iron Ball as part of a Utility set.

Although an Assault Vest set is probably better overall, you don't know how it fits in with UnknownKirbyMan's planned team.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Waddle Bro

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on August 04, 2014, 08:16:01 PMIron Ball also has the added effect of negating Levitate and making Flying types vulnerable to Earthquake, while essentially having the same effect as Lagging Tail (except that the holder isn't guaranteed to move last- but with a 50% speed reduction, they're most likely going to).

Also, Stealth Rock is commonly used with Trick/Iron Ball as part of a Utility set.
You're better off with going for two Meteor Mashes, instead of having to Trick and then Earthquake. Trick is a waste of a moveslot that cripples you until you use it.

And "commonly used" my fucking ass. Ladder up to 1500 and then tell me how many Iron Balls you see.