News:

Congratulations!! You, yes, YOU, dear user, have been selected for the "You Read This News Item" award! Click here for your prize!!

Main Menu

General Pokémon

Started by DrP, July 18, 2010, 04:32:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What's your favorite Mega Evolution (G2)

Ampharos
Scizor
Heracross
Houndoom
Tyranitar

SlowPokemon

The newer, the better imo. Black and White are excellent to start with, as are any of the 3DS games. It's up to you but my recommendation is Pokémon X or Y.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

JDMEK5

Quote from: mayastarr041 on July 23, 2015, 02:46:18 PMI just want a Pokemon game that I could play forever and never get bored! Pokemon seems interesting, saw shows, but never actually played a game. I'm leaning more towards the gameplay side, the length, than the story.
Well if you're looking for gameplay above story then maybe OR/AS is the choice for you. I agree with Slow, the newer the better, but OR/AS are new enough that you'll still be able to grab some events before the next gen. (If you have questions about events, just ask) On top of that, personally I found the story in OR/AS kinda lacking a bit but the gameplay was unmatched imo. So I'm going to recommend either Omega Ruby or Alpha Sapphire.
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

SlowPokemon

I agree that ORAS are my favorite in the series and those are awesome too. I recommended X and Y because they seemed like they were designed for new players who were unfamiliar with Pokémon.

BlackDragonSlayer

Black/White and/or ORAS are probably the best to start.
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Jompa

Actually, I change my mind: all games are great ofc (and great to start with too), but Black/White are probably the best to start with imo
Birdo for Smash

K-NiGhT

MODEST NATURE DIANCIE GOD BLESS
Quote from: K-NiGhT on April 11, 2024, 11:54:48 AMwow, 20 years

*crumbles into dust and blows away in the wind*

SlowPokemon

IS DIANCIE ALREADY AVAILABLE OMG

Latios212

My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

JDMEK5

Quote from: SlowPokemon on July 23, 2015, 04:10:41 PMI agree that ORAS are my favorite in the series and those are awesome too. I recommended X and Y because they seemed like they were designed for new players who were unfamiliar with Pokémon.
Tru dat but tbh I think we can fill in any gaps in pokemon understanding that may be lacking if you catch my drift.

Quote from: SlowPokemon on July 23, 2015, 06:05:08 PMIS DIANCIE ALREADY AVAILABLE OMG
Dude where u live I already has
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

mikey

one with good postgame like platinum
unmotivated

Hero of Trains

She decided on Platinum.
Quote from: Dudeman on May 22, 2015, 06:24:42 PM
See guys? Trains isn't nice all the time.
Quote from: also Dudeman
Trains is so nice that I'm sure she'd resurrect herself for a few minutes to compliment you back

BlackDragonSlayer

Did Nocturne have any influence on this decision? :P
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Hero of Trains

No,  actually. She had already decided earlier.
Trains is so nice that I'm sure she'd resurrect herself for a few minutes to compliment you back

DreamTheater123

Oh my God, Pokemon is my life. Good to know there is a separate Pokemon section. I literally own all the Pokemon games.

Hero of Trains

Many of us here do, including me. ;D