News:

Interested in contributing to the site? Give The Arrangement Formatting Guidelines and The Arranging Checklist a good read!

Main Menu

General Pokémon

Started by DrP, July 18, 2010, 04:32:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What's your favorite Mega Evolution (G2)

Ampharos
Scizor
Heracross
Houndoom
Tyranitar

Oronoco

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 18, 2016, 04:51:44 PMmake each generation dependent on other regions to gather all pokemon (so like hoenn would have say pikachus and marills but johto wouldn't have pikachus and kanto wouldn't have marills)

All the Pokémon-sharing is my least favorite thing about Kalos. When Pokémon are used in more than one region, the original regions become less unique. I'm fine with a realistic amount of Pokémon-sharing between regions, but Kalos just went too far.

On the other hand, the original Gen V games didn't borrow any Pokémon from other regions, and that's part of what gives Unova such a unique charm.
Quote from: Yellow on October 13, 2015, 05:18:40 PM
...Really though. Don't let them take it away from you. That desire for something more, for adventure... for destiny. Don't let them turn it against you, either.

Dudeman

Deciding what Pokémon to put in a region is a balancing act. On the one hand, you have long-time fans of the series that want to see new Pokémon in a new region, but on the other hand you have first-time players who have never seen a Pokémon before. Use too many, or only, new creatures and newer fans won't be able to experience older Pokémon first hand. Use too few and veterans will get upset by the lack of new Pokémon, but recent fans will find each one new.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

SlowPokemon

Quote from: SlowPokemon on February 16, 2016, 09:01:11 AMIf you talk like this and you're not being ironic, I WILL bitch you out. Make no mistake. Pokémon are as creative as they've ever been.

This applies still.

And Noc I have no idea what you're talking about, literally almost nothing about the core gameplay of Pokémon has changed other than minor tweaks to the type chart. If you like one Pokémon game, you like all of them. It's as simple as that, idk where some people get off saying the new ones are so drastically different
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

mikey

Quote from: SlowPokemon on February 18, 2016, 06:19:17 PMIf you like one Pokémon game, you like all of them. It's as simple as that, idk where some people get off saying the new ones are so drastically different
Not saying they're drastically different, just that they've taken different approaches in how they make pokemon games especially concerning the story
Quote from: Oronoco on February 18, 2016, 05:48:01 PMOn the other hand, the original Gen V games didn't borrow any Pokémon from other regions, and that's part of what gives Unova such a unique charm.
that was the main reason I didn't ever play it
Quote from: SlowPokemon on February 16, 2016, 09:01:11 AMIf you talk like this and you're not being ironic, I WILL bitch you out. Make no mistake. Pokémon are as creative as they've ever been.
I guess that means we reach the point where no pokemon has ever been creative.

Overall I think the main problem here is a majority of people here are pokemon fanboys who think the series can do no wrong
feel free to replace the word "pokemon" with "undertale"
unmotivated

Olimar12345

gen 3 is not my favorite so it must be the worst

this is how facts are made
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

SlowPokemon

I'm not saying the Pokémon series can do no wrong, but I'd go so far as to say that the main series games HAVEN'T done anything wrong. I've loved every Pokémon game I've ever played, and XY/ORAS are my favorite of the entire bunch. What's wrong with the new games that make them so different? Is putting a more interesting plot line in the game enough to make it bad lmao

Edit: lol ninja

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: Oronoco on February 18, 2016, 05:48:01 PMOn the other hand, the original Gen V games didn't borrow any Pokémon from other regions, and that's part of what gives Unova such a unique charm.
I think that both worked in its favor and worked against it. On one hand, you have a lot of great Pokemon... but on the other hand, you have a lot of boring or ugly "filler" Pokemon (essentially, more great Pokemon, but more bad or unmemorable ones). Overall, though, I think the good outweighs the bad.

Gen 6 sort of had the opposite of this- comparatively few Pokemon, but also fewer "filler" Pokemon (yes, I do like Klefki), so there are fewer absolutely terrible Pokemon (the only one I would consider bad is Aromatisse; so essentially, fewer great Pokemon, but fewer bad or unmemorable ones as well).
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

mikey

off the top of my head, the pokemon I know and like from gen 5 and 6 are ferrothorn, jellicent, and chandelure.  Greninja would be better if his name didn't make me think of gorillas
unmotivated

Dudeman

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on February 18, 2016, 06:37:40 PM(the only one I would consider bad is Aromatisse)
And Slurpuff, imo. How did the two version-exclusive Fairy-types end up so terrible?
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Dudeman on February 18, 2016, 06:39:56 PMAnd Slurpuff, imo. How did the two version-exclusive Fairy-types end up so terrible?

Aromatisse and Slurpuff, along with the absolutely grotesque monstrosities that are Binacle and Barbaracle, are imo the worst Pokémon to have been created. But I love all of the other XY mons to death so I can overlook a few that aren't to my liking lol

Oronoco

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on February 18, 2016, 06:37:40 PMI think that both worked in its favor and worked against it. On one hand, you have a lot of great Pokemon... but on the other hand, you have a lot of boring or ugly "filler" Pokemon (essentially, more great Pokemon, but more bad or unmemorable ones). Overall, though, I think the good outweighs the bad.
I really agree with this.

The first time I played Black, I remember seeing Pokémon like Klingklang and Stunfisk for the first time and worrying that Pokémon was going to pot. Now I can't believe I didn't like them. I love Unova Pokémon. Gates to Infinity really helped me fall in love with Gen V Pokémon, too.

Maybe if Aromatisse and Slurpuff had cool roles is PSMD, I would like them more.
Quote from: Yellow on October 13, 2015, 05:18:40 PM
...Really though. Don't let them take it away from you. That desire for something more, for adventure... for destiny. Don't let them turn it against you, either.

Olimar12345

Quote from: SlowPokemon on February 18, 2016, 06:51:05 PM...along with the absolutely grotesque monstrosities that are Binacle and Barbaracle, are imo the worst Pokémon to have been created.

If you talk like this and you're not being ironic, I WILL bitch you out. Make no mistake. Binacle/Barbaracle are as creative as they've ever been.

Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

mikey

is calling kefka a binacle a bannable offense
unmotivated

Dudeman

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 18, 2016, 06:56:18 PMis calling kefka a binacle a bannable offense
Depends on his mood, I guess.

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: Dudeman on February 18, 2016, 06:39:56 PMAnd Slurpuff, imo. How did the two version-exclusive Fairy-types end up so terrible?
I like Slurpuff, personally; it reminds me a bit of Quina from Final Fantasy 9.

EDIT: I also like Barbaracle more than others seems to. While looking for pictures of it, I also found this. :P
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber