News:

We seem to have trapped one of the mods within the forum's code... and we're not sure how to get him out. Oh well, he'll figure it out!

Main Menu

General Pokémon

Started by DrP, July 18, 2010, 04:32:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What's your favorite Mega Evolution (G2)

Ampharos
Scizor
Heracross
Houndoom
Tyranitar

Dudeman

Exactly what I was about to ask.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

mastersuperfan

The ORAS rival battle theme is one of my favorites and the RSE one is one of my least favorites

Fite me
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

SlowPokemon

I love the ORAS soundtrack actually (especially the rival theme like msf said), though the instrumentation choices are bland occasionally (I'm not going to rant about Shota Kageyama again but I am tempted). It's just that all of the soundtracks are so good that since RSE is shorter there's less material to love.

Also I find it tough to gauge how good gen III is in general, since it was my first Pokémon game and I'm a bit blinded by my nostalgia. Rest assured I love all of the soundtracks on the list, even XY.

XY is still by far the worst soundtrack though, can we all agree? It's so saccharine and bland besides the amazing team flare music and the occasional interesting route or town.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Dudeman

I'm actually really not a big fan of the Team Flare theme, it just comes off as a not-very-melodic mash of synths. I am a big fan of the Xerneas/Yveltal/Zygarde battle theme and the Elite 4 battle theme (and actually the Pokémon League theme as well). Oo, and the power plant/Pokéball plant music, that's really chill. But yeah other than that, X/Y's soundtrack is fairly meh.

Gen 3 is way better than the list suggests, though, and certainly better than Red/Blue on track complexity alone. Gen 1 may be iconic but Gen 3 is epicly iconic.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

Latios212

I'm surprisingly pretty okay with this list except for Sun and Moon being at the top and RSE being near the bottom

And RSE's wasn't short though? At least not shorter than gens 1 and 2

Once I get on my computer later... Expect a lot of typing
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Nebbles

To me, X/Y's ost isn't awful, it's just... there. It's boring. I can't really remember any of the tracks either. I'd have to force myself to play gen 6 again and lol @ that concept.
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

AmpharosAndy

I think my list would be the same except I haven't played Sun/Moon yet :P

maybe swap gen 1 with 3
innit

mastersuperfan

Just in case you were wondering (which you weren't, but just in case), this is how I'd rank 'em:

1) Gen 5
2) Gen 3
3) Gen 7
4) Gen 2 (HGSS only, since I haven't yet played GSC)
5) Gen 4
6) Gen 1
7) Gen 6
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

Olimar12345

I think I'd arrange it like this, personally:

1) gen 2
2) gen 1
3) gen 4
4) gen 3
5) gen 7
6) gen 6
7) gen 5
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

BlackDragonSlayer

And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Olimar12345

^really. There's so much Hawaiian influence that makes it unappealing.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

mikey

hmmm
RSE
<worst Zelda song ever goes here>
RBY
DPPt
SM

I haven't played the others
unmotivated

mastersuperfan

Nebbles

It's kinda hard for me to order them all, but I know my top three is at least GSC (and its remake), DPPt, and B/W (and counting its sequel)
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Olimar12345 on August 02, 2017, 11:39:29 AM^really. There's so much Hawaiian influence that makes it unappealing.

It's actually not the Hawaiian stuff I love, I really just like Minako Adachi's and Hitomi Sato's compositions and there are so many of them. The Team Skull and Aether Foundation tracks, especially Lusamine's battles, are probably my favorite. Read my soundtrack review if you want more reasons I love SM
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.