News:

Want to request some new sheets? Head on over here first!

Main Menu

General Pokémon

Started by DrP, July 18, 2010, 04:32:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What's your favorite Mega Evolution (G2)

Ampharos
Scizor
Heracross
Houndoom
Tyranitar

mikey

yeah but olimar that's nothing new with you

you can't even apparently remember any skyward sword songs either
unmotivated

Olimar12345

Also can we take a moment to admire gen 4's Pokémon Legue music? Like holy shit what a change of pace from all previous games.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Olimar12345

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on August 02, 2017, 09:10:33 PMyeah but olimar that's nothing new with you

you can't even apparently remember any skyward sword songs either

Not true, I've arranged like four.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

BlackDragonSlayer

Skyarrow Bridge is where Gen 5 really starts to pick up (and makes you hate HGSS even more for what they aren't)! How do you not remember that wonderful music!? :'(
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Olimar12345

Probably because I was on my bike.

mastersuperfan

I'm pretty sure the bike music doesn't trigger if you get on your bike on Skyarrow Bridge. Just sayin'.
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

Olimar12345

I was referencing my post from the previous page.

SlowPokemon

Why does immediate memorability matter so much lol I'd rather have music that sounds fresh every time you hear it
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Dekkadeci

Quote from: Dudeman on August 02, 2017, 08:15:40 PMPossibly Paniola Town? That's the only place I can think of with a bluegrass vibe, but both the Paniola day and night themes are pretty meh for me.
Listened to it. Neither theme is it. Listened to a bunch more themes trying to find my elusive "bluegrass hoedown" theme.

The closest I'm getting to the music I remember is Hau's battle theme, but I thought I heard a banjo in the "bluegrass hoedown" theme. Hau's battle theme's first key sounds about right, though.

Well, frick, if it was Hau's battle theme I remembered, and I'm mistaking it for a lively town/route theme, either Hau really treats every battle like it's fun instead of pivotal or his battle theme is really inappropriate...

EDIT: Trying to skip hard through the entire Pokemon Sun and Moon OST right now--Island Festival and Festival Plaza music were sort of close, but the closest matches I'm getting right now might actually be the Trial Start! theme or the Poke Ride theme.

And the Mixing Ingredients theme is the first one so far to bring an immediate smile to my face and make me not skip through it, even though it's definitely not a "bluegrass hoedown" theme! I'm probably putting a like on this theme (for once).

For some reason, the Victory Road theme was giving me huge William Joseph vibes. Aha, I think it was specifically the G minor march-like section and its piano-heavy passage, which would fit...

...Ah, the Festival Plaza Event Day theme is pretty good and enthusiastic, too.

mikey

hau really treats every battle like it's fun
unmotivated

BlackDragonSlayer

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

SlowPokemon

@Dekkadeci -- almost positive it'll be "Ride Pokémon (Land)"
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Dudeman

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on August 02, 2017, 09:52:43 PM
Old, tired joke

[close]
Newer, but still tired joke
Bionicle G2
[close]
Quote from: Dekkadeci on August 02, 2017, 09:42:03 PMWell, frick, if it was Hau's battle theme I remembered, and I'm mistaking it for a lively town/route theme, either Hau really treats every battle like it's fun
there you have it
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: Dudeman on August 02, 2017, 10:10:32 PM
Newer, but still tired joke
Bionicle G2
[close]
it hurts
the pain is still fresh

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Echo

My tier list:
- Gen 1/2/4/5/6 (amazing bike themes)
- Gen 3 (meh bike theme)
- Gen 7 (no bike theme)