News:

NinSheetMusic is 18 years old!

Main Menu

General Pokémon

Started by DrP, July 18, 2010, 04:32:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What's your favorite Mega Evolution (G2)

Ampharos
Scizor
Heracross
Houndoom
Tyranitar

DrP

I basically hate all shows like that, except for Pokémon (since its Pokémon, ya know?)

But, it is an advertisement, just subtle for the series that its portraying (i just like it cause it adds on to in-game elements)

SlowPokemon

Voted for Tsutaja (there is no r in it...) because a) I like him better, and b) Ash always gets Grass...
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

DrP

Quote from: SlowPokemon on August 11, 2010, 01:32:42 PMVoted for Tsutaja (there is no r in it...) because a) I like him better, and b) Ash always gets Grass...

au contraire, monseiur

Tsutarja

Oni-Link

Quote from: drpamplemousse on August 11, 2010, 01:38:25 PMau contraire, monseiur

Tsutarja

Yeah, I was "Wait... isn't it Tsutaja?"
But then I Googled it to make sure.

SlowPokemon

au contraire CONTRAIRE, monsieur

Tsutaja

It all comes down to which site you trust more...or which name you like better (Tsutaja with no r is the one I like)... either way, that's not its English name, so this won't matter soon anyhow! :D

Oni-Link

Quote from: SlowPokemon on August 11, 2010, 01:42:31 PMau contraire CONTRAIRE, monsieur

Tsutaja

It all comes down to which site you trust more...or which name you like better (Tsutaja with no r is the one I like)... either way, that's not its English name, so this won't matter soon anyhow! :D
Yeah, DP is a bulbapedia person, I'm a serebii person.

DrP

Ok, I'll take it from the perspective BOTH sites share... its Japanese name

ãƒ,,ã,¿ãƒ¼ã,¸ãƒ£, Ill break it down from here
TSU TA - JYA

Now the dash is what makes things interesting, meaning that it makes the TA have a long a sound... another japanese rule states that when a combination of TA-JYA or TE-JYO or anything that has a long vowel for the first syllable and then a combination, makes another consonant sound preset by what the preceding syllable. So,

It is spelt Tsutaja, but is PRONOUNCED Tsutarja. That's where the mixup is!

SlowPokemon

Hehehe

Got it. I'll always call it Tsutaja when I talk about it, though... the name has already stuck! :D

DrP

What about when an english name comes up?

Cobraroll

It has to be Smugleaf. Just look at it!
Emergence - a story exclusive to NSM

Yes, I'm still around from time to time. For quicker response, you can reach me by PM, or drop by Smogon to say hi. I go by "Codraroll" there, because of a bet.

DrP

It does seem a bit happy.

Im still sticking with Pokabu <3

SlowPokemon

That needs to be PORKabu... xD

And smug doesn't mean just happy... it means RUDE happy. Like, "I'm right and you're wrong"...

Oni-Link

Quote from: SlowPokemon on August 11, 2010, 02:10:50 PMThat needs to be PORKabu... xD

And smug doesn't mean just happy... it means RUDE happy. Like, "I'm right and you're wrong"...

The series is called the Grasshole Show. Someone makes it on DeviantArt. There's 3 so far.

DrP

smug is used more as a sarcastic smile!

and Oni, that comic is telling the truth!

SlowPokemon

THAT was the most hilarious thing I've ever read.

And that is also why I never criticize Pokemon if I can help it - I'm still gonna be playing it! Come on!