News:

It's not Opposite Day.

Main Menu

General Pokémon

Started by DrP, July 18, 2010, 04:32:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What's your favorite Mega Evolution (G2)

Ampharos
Scizor
Heracross
Houndoom
Tyranitar

DrP

Quote from: Oni-Link on August 14, 2010, 04:10:40 PMNo, no.
I just thought it'd be cool if Dunsparce evolved into like, a Legendary or something.
666 max stats in all areas.

That's not legendary, thats just plain evil  ;)

SuperRiolu

I have never really been a fan of Dunsparce. Rock Pokémon can be pretty awesome, though. There defense stat is pretty high, but lack in speed.
I'm just going to spend my summer here in California doing so many things. There are a lot of things to do here!

Roz~

Quote from: SuperRiolu on August 14, 2010, 11:57:48 PMI have never really been a fan of Dunsparce. Rock Pokémon can be pretty awesome, though. There defense stat is pretty high, but lack in speed.

That's why using them in Trick Room teams makes them so awesome.
Also, shiny Dunsparce with max IVs everywhere can be deadly.
And I'm going to breed a Shuckle just 'cause its awesome.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on February 13, 2013, 01:16:55 PM
Thanks. For a moment there I was worried, though. I almost needed to blow you.

SlowPokemon

YES! It is!

Are you going to go for a power trick shuckle or an annoying defensive shuckle?
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

DrP

I vote annoying defensive one... just dont use it on me :)

Oni-Link

We have a tie.
EDIT:
Currently :|

Cobraroll

Hmm... Power Trick Shuckle needs Trick Room support to do any good. As it can't learn Trick Room itself, it means that two of the five turns it's active is spent setting up and switching into Shuckle. Another turn is spent using Power Trick. That leaves you with two turns worth of sweeping. Shuckle also does not resist any priority moves save for Fake Out, Quick Attack and ExtremeSpeed, and are actually weak to Aqua Jet and Bullet Punch, two of the most used priority moves. Thus, you end up with a near-useless Shuckle who also is vulnerable to opponents.

I'd say a defensive Shuckle is more effective. Go for that.
Emergence - a story exclusive to NSM

Yes, I'm still around from time to time. For quicker response, you can reach me by PM, or drop by Smogon to say hi. I go by "Codraroll" there, because of a bet.

SuperRiolu

I agree with Cobraroll. Trick Room doesn't necessarily block any of the priority moves from happening, it's just for normal moves and inverting it so the slower Pokémon goes first using a normal move. If you create a super-defensive Shuckle (which I did in my Argent SoulSilver game, using this thing called a RNG), then you can just "rollout" until every trainer is defeated (though not necessarily using rollout)
I'm just going to spend my summer here in California doing so many things. There are a lot of things to do here!

SlowPokemon

As if we didn't know what RNGing is! xD

EDIT: I also vote Defensive Shuckle, UNLESS you do this:

Use the first Pokemon in your party with Trick Room, next turn use Explosion (Bronzong is the example I'm thinking of, but there are many others). Then send out Shuckle with Power Trick (I'm assuming Explosion killed the opponent) and HAVE IT HOLD FOCUS SASH

If you do, even if you're attacked with Bullet Punch (I'm not counting Aqua Jet because its Sp. Def stays the same) then it won't die.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

DrP

So, I'll be releasing my SS team currently. Bulbapedia won't update until all 6 have reached final evolutionary forms.

Currently, in final forms, I have Snorlax, Girafarig, Lapras and Umbreon. The final 2 will come when reached!

Roz~

Quote from: SuperRiolu on August 15, 2010, 12:22:47 PMI agree with Cobraroll. Trick Room doesn't necessarily block any of the priority moves from happening, it's just for normal moves and inverting it so the slower Pokémon goes first using a normal move. If you create a super-defensive Shuckle (which I did in my Argent SoulSilver game, using this thing called a RNG), then you can just "rollout" until every trainer is defeated (though not necessarily using rollout)

Don't think you can teach us anything about Pokemon. I, as well as the rest of the people here, already know a lot.  Sorry if it sounds rude, I don't mean to, but that's just how it is.

Quote from: Cobraroll on August 15, 2010, 12:04:56 PMHmm... Power Trick Shuckle needs Trick Room support to do any good. As it can't learn Trick Room itself, it means that two of the five turns it's active is spent setting up and switching into Shuckle. Another turn is spent using Power Trick. That leaves you with two turns worth of sweeping. Shuckle also does not resist any priority moves save for Fake Out, Quick Attack and ExtremeSpeed, and are actually weak to Aqua Jet and Bullet Punch, two of the most used priority moves. Thus, you end up with a near-useless Shuckle who also is vulnerable to opponents.

I'd say a defensive Shuckle is more effective. Go for that.

Yeah, I planned on breeding a defensive one. And even if there are a lot of priority moves out there, Trick Room teams can be deadly when you're not prepared for it. It's the same as Rain Dance/Sunny Day/Hail/Sandstorm teams. You can easily be swept when you don't know how to deal with them.

SuperRiolu

Quote from: Roz~ on August 15, 2010, 04:25:55 PMDon't think you can teach us anything about Pokemon. I, as well as the rest of the people here, already know a lot.  Sorry if it sounds rude, I don't mean to, but that's just how it is.

Yeah, I planned on breeding a defensive one. And even if there are a lot of priority moves out there, Trick Room teams can be deadly when you're not prepared for it. It's the same as Rain Dance/Sunny Day/Hail/Sandstorm teams. You can easily be swept when you don't know how to deal with them.

No, it isn't rude at all! It means now I can talk with people who know a lot like Pokémon  ;D. Most of my friends who I play Pokémon with don't have any idea what a RNG is.

I can't wait for Pokémon Noir et Blanc! I still think Noir sounds so much better than black!!

Roz~

Quote from: SuperRiolu on August 15, 2010, 11:51:08 PMNo, it isn't rude at all! It means now I can talk with people who know a lot like Pokémon  ;D. Most of my friends who I play Pokémon with don't have any idea what a RNG is.

I can't wait for Pokémon Noir et Blanc! I still think Noir sounds so much better than black!!

Good to see you take it that way. :P I'm a lot into RNG too, but since I work 6 days a week I don't really have time to breed anything at the moment. >_< And I don't know, even though my mother tongue's French, I really do prefer English. I guess it's because people around me have a tendency to butcher it.

DrP

Quote from: Roz~ on August 16, 2010, 05:24:43 AMGood to see you take it that way. :P I'm a lot into RNG too, but since I work 6 days a week I don't really have time to breed anything at the moment. >_< And I don't know, even though my mother tongue's French, I really do prefer English. I guess it's because people around me have a tendency to butcher it.

And even though my native language is english, i hate how people butcher the french language... even im not as good as you and Riolu!

SuperRiolu

Quote from: Roz~ on August 16, 2010, 05:24:43 AMGood to see you take it that way. :P I'm a lot into RNG too, but since I work 6 days a week I don't really have time to breed anything at the moment. >_< And I don't know, even though my mother tongue's French, I really do prefer English. I guess it's because people around me have a tendency to butcher it.

I, unfortunately, have to speak more english. my parents speak a lot of english (well, my dad is American) and they have to for work. For my age, my english is pretty well advanced for being from a country that ONLY speaks French. Work hinders fun, IMO.When I leave from university, I'm going out on my own, or with a small group of people (so I can pick my hours). Currently, I'm RNG-ing a Shiny Surskit with near perfect IVs. Ill let ya know how they turn out

Quote from: drpamplemousse on August 16, 2010, 09:25:17 AMAnd even though my native language is english, i hate how people butcher the french language... even im not as good as you and Riolu!

people who visit here do the same thing... especially Americans.