News:

Iron gates are a thing of the past! Now, you can access your yard with the all-new NinSheetMusic-brand Teleportation Technology!

Main Menu

The Legend of Korra

Started by Nana1Popo2, July 21, 2010, 10:54:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nebbles

Quote from: SuperFireKirby on October 19, 2013, 09:18:58 PMOkay, I have no idea why I haven't said this sooner but...

WAS THAT EPISODE AMAZING OR WAS IT FREAKING AMAZING? NEEBOLS, EVEN YOU HAVE TO AGREE WITH HOW GOOD THAT EPISODE WAS. SOOOOOOO GOOOOOOOOD

I'd take a series about Wan over Korra. That art style, goddamn.

Also, please stop yelling at me being unsatisfied with Korra. I have every reason to be, and you should accept that as my friend.
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

SuperFireKirby

I'M JUST YANKING YOUR METAPHORICAL CHAIN, DAWG.

BUT DAT ART STYLE FO RLZ. SOOOOOOO GOOOOOOOOD

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

Nebbles

FierceDeity

Quote from: Bubbles on October 19, 2013, 09:26:33 PMwhich wan?

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

But yeah I don't even care that the art style was completely divergent from that of the rest of the series. That shit was beautiful, and I'm willing to accept that Wan lived in a time in which all airbending took place in the form of clouds, if that's what it takes.

SuperFireKirby

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

Nebbles

...yeah, that episode was fantastic.

FierceDeity

It really was. Although,
Spoiler
WHAT THE FUCK KORRA HOW DID YOU NOT SEE IT COMING THAT UNALAQ WOULD BETRAY YOU AGAIN, YOU ARE LITERALLY THE WORST JUDGE OF CHARACTER IN EXISTENCE
[close]

SuperFireKirby

She really didn't have a choice though. Though pretty much the whole time I thought she was gonna go all POSITIVE THINKING and make all the spirits light or something like that.

Nebbles

Spoiler
Guys, what about Jinora? I hope she's going to be all right, because Korra's look of devastation hurt me so much.

...also, guys, UNCLE IROH. HELLO. YOU'RE MISSING THE BEST PART.
[close]

FierceDeity

Quote from: SuperFireKirby on November 09, 2013, 06:11:27 PMShe really didn't have a choice though. Though pretty much the whole time I thought she was gonna go all POSITIVE THINKING and make all the spirits light or something like that.

I'm pretty sure she had a choice.
Spoiler
I mean like, it would have sucked had Jinora, you know, died, but she had no reason to believe she'd be ok if she listened to Unalaq. Also, there was one other thing...Oh, right, the fact that the fate of the goddamn world is at stake, in which case Jinora could still die anyways.
[close]

SuperFireKirby

Yeah
Spoiler
but be reminded, this is a show on Nickelodeon. They can't just kill a 10 year old, even if it's for the greater good. And while they could have easily made a work around so the Korra could save Jinora, by having her stay captured and making Vatu a true threat by opening the northern portal, the stakes are now raised infinitely higher. DRAMATIC ELEMENTS ARE IMPORTANT.

But let's get back to what's really important. FREAKING IROH. OMGOMGOMGOMG I AM SO GLAD HE GOT AN APPEARANCE, though I was hoping for maybe just a little insight into his first journey to the spirit world.
[close]

FierceDeity

Haha, I think you've misunderstood me. I understand that her actions suit her character and create a dramatic element for the show, and I appreciate that. You can hate a character, or think that their actions are stupid/ridiculous, without diminishing the show itself.
Spoiler
Although, I do wish they'd used a less stereotypical device to create the threat of Vaatu getting free :/

On the other hand, yeah, holy shit Iroh. So happy.
[close]

SuperFireKirby

This weeks episode was fantastic. Though I would have been shouting at my tv if it wasn't 12 o'clock over more Makorrasami bullshit.

But the best part of the episode was THIS FACE.

WAS IT A BAD FIGHT, SHE ASKS.

Actually pretty much ever face Mako makes during those 20 seconds is priceless. And now I'm stuck in the ultimate dilemma. Watch the last two episodes online right now? Or savior LOK's season as long as possible because who knows when the next one might be?

Nebbles

THAT FINALE WAS FUCKIN' GOOD I'LL TELL YOU WHAT

SuperFireKirby

BLAHBLAHBLAH CAN'T HEAR YOU MY EARS ARE PLUGGED I'M NOT LISTENING!!!!