News:

oh god how did this get here I am not good with computer

Main Menu

Metroid Other M

Started by KefkaticFanatic, August 27, 2010, 02:48:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KefkaticFanatic

Whaaaa

I love it.  It's a great Mario game.  But it's really a love/hate game.  If you play it for a few hours and don't like it, you won't.

me irl
[close]

SlowPokemon

I don't like it much so far...

But I only have like five or something shines, so I need to give it more of a chance...

I'm sure I'll love it, I'm a fanatic of SM64 and SMG...

But I really need to push myself to get going.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Maretocks

Quote from: KefkaticFanatic on September 01, 2010, 11:00:17 PMEw.  I don't think anything could have been worse than the Super Mario Sunshine voice acting.
Oh god, don't remind me. But that's not what I was comparing. :P

And personally, I loved Sunshine. Some absolutely bitchful stars, especially the Hotel's red coin level, but it was still damn fun.
<INSERT WITTY SLOGAN>

Roz~

Quote from: Maretocks on September 04, 2010, 07:20:30 PMOh god, don't remind me. But that's not what I was comparing. :P

And personally, I loved Sunshine. Some absolutely bitchful stars, especially the Hotel's red coin level, but it was still damn fun.

I hated that level so much. ;_; Sunshine's an okay game imho, not pretty good but not bad either.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on February 13, 2013, 01:16:55 PM
Thanks. For a moment there I was worried, though. I almost needed to blow you.

Maretocks

Quote from: Roz~ on September 04, 2010, 07:52:03 PMI hated that level so much. ;_; Sunshine's an okay game imho, not pretty good but not bad either.
I found it ridiculous after looking up a walkthrough that you had to look for a leak in the ceiling of one of the bathrooms, and that you could backflip and go through that part of the ceiling to reach an otherwise unreachable room.

<INSERT WITTY SLOGAN>

KefkaticFanatic

This applies to all other "Nintendo is being dumb with their franchises" deals.

me irl
[close]

Meta-Ridley

that... is a really good cartoon. The more isolation and less story, the better when it comes to the Metroid franchise

pumpy_heart

Hey guys. Stop bashing Other M.
It plays like Fusion. Samus wasn't a baddie there either til the end. Fusion also had the storyline aspect.
It goes further than Other M as far as storyline goes. I actually like this. I always pictured her like this and nothing in the other games contradict this. The only contradiction is the fact that fanboys picture her as a bad ass. That never made much sense. Samus is still human and should have emotion. Adding a deeper character should not be viewed as a bad thing, even in the franchise. It started with Fusion; it continues with Other M.
As far as isolation goes, that really only has to do with the beginning games. Starting with Prime and Fusion, Samus has had much more contact with others, starting with the Galactic Federation, U-Mos, "Adam" the computer in Fusion. This goes to show what Nintendo planned on doing with Metroid since then. It's also possible it would have been like this from the beginning. The Metroid manga and instruction manuals (the original lore) supports the fact of Samus as a deeper character than just going around and being a bad ass. The programming and processing power just wasn't there yet back in the beginning.
If one is going to critique Other M, it should not be in the area of storyline or character development. Rather, the subpar controls and illogical programming (Not being able to move in first person? What?) should be critiqued.
It is still Metroid. Just the side of Samus we haven't really been exposed to before.

Roz~

Hmm, never been a huge Metroid fan but it looks like a good game. I should try it out.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on February 13, 2013, 01:16:55 PM
Thanks. For a moment there I was worried, though. I almost needed to blow you.

Maretocks

Quote from: Roz~ on September 18, 2010, 02:30:29 PMHmm, never been a huge Metroid fan but it looks like a good game. I should try it out.
This. Exactly.
<INSERT WITTY SLOGAN>

KefkaticFanatic

Quote from: pumpy_heart on September 18, 2010, 07:47:30 AM[being dumb]

lol no.  They took a dump on the character and made her bitch about shit all the time which was completely unnecessary.  The way Retro tells the story through tons of codex stuff on the most part worked perfectly.  Team Ninja just didn't do a good job.  Just because it's a major Nintendo game doesn't mean it has to be good.

Also f u no analog stick support.

me irl
[close]

Maretocks

<INSERT WITTY SLOGAN>

KefkaticFanatic

Developers are idiots that didn't even bother to test their own game.  If they did, they would have realised that having to use the D pad for movement was a terrible idea.

me irl
[close]

Maretocks

<INSERT WITTY SLOGAN>