TWG X: HOST SIGNUPS

Started by Nakah, August 28, 2010, 07:56:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SuperRiolu

^^Yep. Knowing people's roles FOR A FACT is not necessarily fun. It is the discovering of something new, something completely different from what you thought.

I am going to stick with DrP, not just because the story seems good, but we really need different hosts. I've been looking over the old games and it seems that MG and Nakah have hosted the majority of the games (with Concerto hosting only one). I say get someone else in there, like SFK or DrP
I'm just going to spend my summer here in California doing so many things. There are a lot of things to do here!

master_gamer38

Quote from: SuperRiolu on August 29, 2010, 03:19:49 PM^^Yep. Knowing people's roles FOR A FACT is not necessarily fun. It is the discovering of something new, something completely different from what you thought.

I am going to stick with DrP, not just because the story seems good, but we really need different hosts. I've been looking over the old games and it seems that MG and Nakah have hosted the majority of the games (with Concerto hosting only one). I say get someone else in there, like SFK or DrP

The discovery of a new way to play, different than previously thought. Hrm, seems to fit in exactly.

Yes, Nakah, Concerto and I have been the ones hosting. But, that's because we are experienced. We know how the game works.
Avid user of NFNet IRC network.

SlowPokemon

Right, we don't know how the game works.  ::)
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

jake3343

MG's game definitely sound the most interesting. You might think it's stupid because you all ready know a wolf, but actually you would have to watch him even more closely. You need to pick up on who he is trying not to vote for or to keep from being lynched. Go MG.

Roz~

I may be able to enter next round, so yep. I like DrP's concept.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on February 13, 2013, 01:16:55 PM
Thanks. For a moment there I was worried, though. I almost needed to blow you.

SlowPokemon

SuperFireKirby

I'm really liking Mg's game. And since my current concept won't win, Mg.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

master_gamer38

I hope you all realize that Nakah is going to be putting up a poll.

Mashi

SlowPokemon and drpamplemousse and some other players who feel they can host, although I'm glad to see you're eccentric about hosting, your games aren't really that balanced.  Saying you know how to play well, or that you know how to play does not mean that you're skilled enough to host.  I'm sorry if this insults either of you, but saying that just shows how inexperienced you are, not to mention that Hosting is much different than playing a game.  I only skimmed through your games and a majority seem very unbalanced and favoring the Humans.  That's not to say that they're bad, they just need a bit of tweaking.

We had a somewhat similar problem at LLF, to solve this we had a list of people who could host, would need approval to host (For balance a majority of the time), or could not host.  Although it may make things unfair to some people, I think the community here is mature enough to handle things in this way.

Aside from that though, Master_Gamer38, to be honest, I don't really like your game much either.  I think that game seems a bit human sided as well (Though, it may depend on the players who are the Wolves), since the Humans have a never dying Coroner and only need to find two Wolves.  Though, I suppose the fact that Dionysus is revealed, that player may be able to cause confusion if things are done correctly, which may make it fair.

Also, I apologize if my post comes out odd, but there are these bugs in my room and I'm afraid of bugs and eep.

Also:

http://llftwg.pbworks.com/Hosting-Guide
http://llftwg.pbworks.com/Game-Creation-Guide

Nakah

Mashi is pointing out something that is really important, and I agree with all that he's saying. I'm glad everyone's enthused to post ideas, but a lot of the games from first time hosts in this thread have many problems or unnecessary implementations which would require some tweaking to fix. I'm placing it in the hands of MG, Concerto, Mashi, Jake, and Kotor to make all final decisions in choosing a host in my absence. They are the some of the most experienced members here.

Although, I also don't want the games to turn item crazy like some of the LLF games have. Like MG stated about manhunts, they're good for being core TWG skill testing games. Lots of items throws a game off and makes playing it less TWG and more Mario Party like. It becomes less intellectual for the players. That's not the say that LLF doesn't have a legitimate TWG forum going.

master_gamer38

Quote from: Mashi on August 29, 2010, 07:45:40 PMAside from that though, Master_Gamer38, to be honest, I don't really like your game much either.  I think that game seems a bit human sided as well (Though, it may depend on the players who are the Wolves), since the Humans have a never dying Coroner and only need to find two Wolves.  Though, I suppose the fact that Dionysus is revealed, that player may be able to cause confusion if things are done correctly, which may make it fair.

Well, guess what I've been doing! More math! I've been working on a game balance tester. As of currently, it's all a little random. But it has the generic idea down. It takes guardian and seer into effect, although not the best. The seer doesn't get focused on if they come out. Same with the guardian. But, the idea is there. The game I posted, when run through, is balanced towards the wolves actually. This is taking into effect the ability to tell when the other wolves are dead.

I've run other games though it, and most of them tend to lean towards the wolves, if it was all random. But it's not random. The wolves do have a harder chance to win because they have to be hidden. Eventually I'm going to implement that into it, along with tracking votes for bandwagoning and such. It'll take some time.

Point is, from a mathematical point of view, my game is balanced.

Jub3r7

Blah, I don't know anymore. MG's sound interesting but different, drp's is okay but too many items, etc etc. Hitchhikers without all the items and MG's are pretty tied right now in my opinion, although no one is voting for the hitchhiker one.... IDK ANYMORE!!!!!!  :-\
....................................... KitB, anyone? lol.... Although I agree with Mashi, I just was afraid drp would angry at me if I mentioned that I wasn't sure if he should host after only 2 TWG's.... Even if he does understand the game, I think we all need more experience.  :P
It's dangerous to go alone, take me with you! [JUB has joined the party.]

DrP

eccentric Mashi??? check your english

Anyways, I have the sheer raw power of my Mafia game (that is itemless, btw)

Jub3r7

Your Mafia game is no where to be seen.
It's dangerous to go alone, take me with you! [JUB has joined the party.]

SlowPokemon

Eccentric about hosting???

You know eccentric means "bizarre", right, and can't be used as a mood?