djRyoji's Corner - Video Game Piano Vol. I (20 arrangements + sheetbook)

Started by DonValentino, September 04, 2010, 09:40:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

(Nothing right now)

0 (0%)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

JDMEK5

Quote from: DonValentino on July 30, 2013, 11:17:43 AMYeah, why not. I also have some older ones which I haven't yet uploaded here.

But just to make things clear, I made these arrangements note by note all by myself, I didn't use anything as a template, so no "Altering the original arranger's name on a sheet without just cause is strictly prohibited.".

Obviously, the arrangements will be somehow similar, because the song is what it is.

But these arrangements were specifically made for the Pokemon Red, Blue and Yellow "Cat in the Box" project, led by MaestroAamir, abandoned before completion; so I didn't want to waste them and I uploaded some here. In fact, the point of the "Cat in the Box" project was to make our very own arrangements.

So technically they are not replacements, nor by any means fixed arrangements made by someone else. At first, they weren't even made for this site at all.

All that said, if you still want my arrangements, I'm in. Otherwise, I'm sorry, but I'm not.
I see. Well I'll have a look and if any are close to completely accurate. If I find some, mind if we bring them in?
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

DonValentino

If you are ok with the conditions, I'll post what I have then.

FierceDeity

ARRANGEMENTS FROM THE ORACLES GAMES?!?!?!?! :D
...ugh I need to get a newer version of finale so I can actually read them, haha.
Any chance you'll get the MIDIs/PDFs up on your dropbox any time soon? :D

DonValentino

No, sorry. Since Finale Notepad 2012 was free, I haven't even bothered to create PDFs or MIDIs, and I don't plan to anymore. :(

I was really sick of having hundreds of files, everything was a complete mess. And if I had to correct something, I would have to create all over again the PDF and MIDI, and upload them again. But with just one .mus file and one link per arrangement everything's a lot more simple.

I also removed all the links from my main post and put a direct link both there and in my sig to the Dropbox folder instead. Easy, fast and efficient for everyone. ;D

Anyways, if someone wants PDFs or MIDIs of some particular songs, I wouldn't mind to generate them, so feel free to ask if you want something in particular. :)

DonValentino

New:

[DS] Pokemon Diamond, Pearl and Platinum - "Canalave City (Day)" MUS

Fixed old arrangements:

[GB] Ghost'n'Goblins: Gargoyle's Quest - "Village" MUS
   [WiiWare] Mega Man 9 - "Flash in the Dark" MUS

Fulfilled requests:

[GC] Resident Evil - "Safe Haven" MUS

FireArrow

Yay, I love 8 bit music! For "Flash in the dark" your getting the voices messed up around measure 21. the second voice is playing on top of the bass half way through the measure rather than under the melody. From measure 25 onward, you bass is actually the second voice, the bass is holding whole notes there.

Other than that it's good! :3
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

DonValentino

Thanks for the feedback, but I know, I had to to make the arrangement playable.

And well, I didn't want to add those bass notes to keep it as playable as possible, but yeah, I suppose I could.

Thanks again.

FireArrow

The base notes are really important, I'd recommend sustaining them with the pedal.
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

DonValentino

It's obvious that the performer would have to put the pedal a little bit to sustain them, but I don't really think it has to be put in the sheet. Take Brassman's "Castle Pandemonium" as another example.
When I was learning it, I put the pedal even if it wasn't in the sheet.
Arrangements are meant to be performed (at least that's why I arrange), and when performing, everything depends on the how the player wants it to be, so putting every single thing in the sheet is not that important.

And thanks again for the feedback. :)

DonValentino

So yesterday I was improvising and I ended up playing a nice "New Bark Town" from Pokemon GSC, with some "Route 29" on it. I decided to transcribe it into Finale and work on it.

btw, sounds a lot better played on a real piano. Hope you like it!

The links will also be found in the first post.

[GBC] Pokemon Gold, Silver and Crystal - "A New Beginning"  PDF  MP3

Sebastian

hey don, great job on your arrangment!

I was wondering, could you put a pdf and/or midi of ghostly piano from luigis mansion dark moon? I dont have 2012 finale
thx!!!

Sebastian

I was going to do this song, but I saw that you did it!  :)

Jompa

Birdo for Smash

DonValentino

Sebastian

Thx.  Sorry for being a bother, but can I have a midi/mp3 of it please?