News:

We seem to have trapped one of the mods within the forum's code... and we're not sure how to get him out. Oh well, he'll figure it out!

Main Menu

djRyoji's Corner - Video Game Piano Vol. I (20 arrangements + sheetbook)

Started by DonValentino, September 04, 2010, 09:40:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

(Nothing right now)

0 (0%)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

DonValentino

Raymondbl

It's really hard not to :P  I have a ton of unfinished arrangements that I have no motivation to finish, and they're all at the bottom of my to-do list. 
The purpose of life is to survive.  Deal with it.

fingerz

Classical / Jazz / Contemporary
Performer / Arranger / Educator
Bb, A, C & Bass Clarinet / Soprano, Alto, Tenor & Baritone Saxophone / Basset Horn

Nana1Popo2

I have some advice for the "Road to Viridian City" arrangement. But... I'm studying for finals, and the best way for me to give my advice is to show you what I mean, soo... I'll get back to you on that in a couple days. Just wanted to give you a heads up. For the msot part though, very nice!! :)
Kappa Kappa Psi, National Honorary Band Fraternity; ASU Alumnus '16; DCP '16

DonValentino

Quote from: Nana1Popo2 on May 24, 2011, 08:33:07 PMI have some advice for the "Road to Viridian City" arrangement. But... I'm studying for finals, and the best way for me to give my advice is to show you what I mean, soo... I'll get back to you on that in a couple days. Just wanted to give you a heads up. For the msot part though, very nice!! :)

I LOVE!! GOOD ADVICES!!!!  ;D ;D ;D

Raymondbl

Quote from: fingerz on May 24, 2011, 02:45:03 PMInteresting... what arrangements? :P
miscellaneous pokemon pieces, an even more virtuoso version of lost woods (failed terribly), Pirates of the carribean, and some super smash bros pieces.  They're all 1/4th finished or so. 
The purpose of life is to survive.  Deal with it.

fingerz

Okay then. Make sure you finish them so I can listen to 'em. :)
Bb, A, C & Bass Clarinet / Soprano, Alto, Tenor & Baritone Saxophone / Basset Horn

Nana1Popo2

ok, WarioMan. I didn't do everything because I wanted to leave room for you to mess around. I changed some stuff around, and basically everything from the beginning to 34 should be good. you can mess around with whatever you want, obviosuly, because it's your arrangement. Basically what i did, was change some notes/chords you had, and the bass part for the beginning until 34. then after that i changed the main melody. So, that was my "advice" haha. like i said, probably wouldve been better showing you, so here you go. I would say that the harmony at 37 and on needs to be fixed (the bass clef) still. If you can't access the file for some reason, let me know and ill make a .midi file so you can download that, instead.

and, do you have a piano?

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?jf4rd5vaojhex38

good luck with it! I can't wait to hear the final result :)

Korados

When I first heard this tune in Brawl I bursted out in laughter, it's such a ridicolous arrangement! ;D This arrangement here loses the disco rhythm, is it possible to add that?

DonValentino

Quote from: Nana1Popo2 on May 25, 2011, 05:17:38 PMok, WarioMan. I didn't do everything because I wanted to leave room for you to mess around. I changed some stuff around, and basically everything from the beginning to 34 should be good. you can mess around with whatever you want, obviosuly, because it's your arrangement. Basically what i did, was change some notes/chords you had, and the bass part for the beginning until 34. then after that i changed the main melody. So, that was my "advice" haha. like i said, probably wouldve been better showing you, so here you go. I would say that the harmony at 37 and on needs to be fixed (the bass clef) still. If you can't access the file for some reason, let me know and ill make a .midi file so you can download that, instead.

and, do you have a piano?

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?jf4rd5vaojhex38

good luck with it! I can't wait to hear the final result :)

Wow... The left hand from 19 to 26 now sounds pretty clean! You certainly did a very good job! Well, I´m not really good at arranging complex songs like this one (I´m better on 8-bit or simple songs because you can listen almost every detail, so I miss a lot of things on songs like this one when arranging  :P). But you see, I can´t open the file, so if I don´t bother you a lot, coudl you give me the .midi, please?
Oh! And yes! I have a piano, my good ol´fella! :D Why??

BTW, Korados, what do you mean by "disco rythm"?  ??? You got me confused...

Korados

Quote from: WarioMan98 on May 26, 2011, 09:27:10 AMBTW, Korados, what do you mean by "disco rythm"?  ??? You got me confused...

The second part of this song is written in a disco fox rhythm, isn't it? And as in a piano arrangement the rhythm can't be adapted as well, it lacks the disco fox rhythm, right? Or am I still confusing? ;D

Nana1Popo2

Quote from: WarioMan98 on May 26, 2011, 09:27:10 AMWow... The left hand from 19 to 26 now sounds pretty clean! You certainly did a very good job! Well, I´m not really good at arranging complex songs like this one (I´m better on 8-bit or simple songs because you can listen almost every detail, so I miss a lot of things on songs like this one when arranging  :P). But you see, I can´t open the file, so if I don´t bother you a lot, coudl you give me the .midi, please?
Oh! And yes! I have a piano, my good ol´fella! :D Why??

Here's the .midi

The reason i ask if you have a piano, is, because (this'll probably seem redundant) it's my favorite way to arrange. Do you use it when you try to figure out the parts to the song? All i can say is if you need help with these kind of songs, just sit down with your piano and a program like Windows Media Player (or whatever) to help with the arranging. Windows Media Player can slow down the song, too, so it can give you a chance to figure out the correct notes, etc.. (along with Bass Boosting, which amplifies the bass more. better for figuring out those ledt hand parts) just need to have a good ear. BUT I'm sure I didn't have to explain that.. because, everyone has their own way of arranging.. :) But that's what I do in most cases. Good luck! I'd like to hear it when it's completed! :D and if you need any help with it, I'd also be glad to help, haha.

DonValentino

Hmmm... Very interesting method!  :o Never thought of it...
Oh! And glad you´re interested on my arrangements, any help is VERY, and I say VERY appreciated!  ;D

DonValentino

Quote from: Korados on May 26, 2011, 09:58:13 AMThe second part of this song is written in a disco fox rhythm, isn't it? And as in a piano arrangement the rhythm can't be adapted as well, it lacks the disco fox rhythm, right? Or am I still confusing? ;D

Now I get it!  :D
And Ok, I´ll try.  ::)

fingerz

Quote from: Nana1Popo2 on May 26, 2011, 10:36:58 AMThe reason i ask if you have a piano, is, because (this'll probably seem redundant) it's my favorite way to arrange. Do you use it when you try to figure out the parts to the song? All i can say is if you need help with these kind of songs, just sit down with your piano and a program like Windows Media Player (or whatever) to help with the arranging. Windows Media Player can slow down the song, too, so it can give you a chance to figure out the correct notes, etc.. (along with Bass Boosting, which amplifies the bass more. better for figuring out those ledt hand parts) just need to have a good ear. BUT I'm sure I didn't have to explain that.. because, everyone has their own way of arranging.. :) But that's what I do in most cases. Good luck! I'd like to hear it when it's completed! :D and if you need any help with it, I'd also be glad to help, haha.
Man, you don't kow how many times I do this. It can be a little annoying having to use Windows Media Play so I use Audacity. That has bass boost too.