News:

NinSheetMusic is the LARGEST video game sheet music archive on the entire internet worldwide!

Main Menu

djRyoji's Corner - Video Game Piano Vol. I (20 arrangements + sheetbook)

Started by DonValentino, September 04, 2010, 09:40:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

(Nothing right now)

0 (0%)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Nana1Popo2

Quote from: fingerz on May 26, 2011, 03:19:49 PMMan, you don't kow how many times I do this. It can be a little annoying having to use Windows Media Play so I use Audacity. That has bass boost too.

yeah, I should try it out more, I've been meaning to!
Kappa Kappa Psi, National Honorary Band Fraternity; ASU Alumnus '16; DCP '16

fingerz

Yes, it's very handy for repeating parts, bass boost, slowing down and much, much more. :)
Classical / Jazz / Contemporary
Performer / Arranger / Educator
Bb, A, C & Bass Clarinet / Soprano, Alto, Tenor & Baritone Saxophone / Basset Horn

Korados

I think Audacity doesn't repitch the song if you slow it down, WMP can repitch the song, so Audacity is definitely the better choice here imo.

dahans

I love your "Road to Viridian city" arrangement, even though I think that you could improve the second part a bit. I think I have heard some wrong notes. I will listen to it again as soon as I come home from school! :D Nice job!
Check out my arrangements! I mean it! Check them out!

DonValentino

Quote from: dahans on May 27, 2011, 02:50:42 AMI love your "Road to Viridian city" arrangement, even though I think that you could improve the second part a bit. I think I have heard some wrong notes. I will listen to it again as soon as I come home from school! :D Nice job!

Glad you like it! By the "2nd part", I guess you mean the Viridian City part. If so, don´t worry, I´m fixing it at the moment! :D
I´ll try Audacity too, BTW!  ;D

dahans

Quote from: WarioMan98 on May 27, 2011, 08:38:10 AMGlad you like it! By the "2nd part", I guess you mean the Viridian City part. If so, don´t worry, I´m fixing it at the moment! :D
I´ll try Audacity too, BTW!  ;D
Yep that's it, viridian city! I couldn't think of the name... ^^.
What is Audacity good for?
Check out my arrangements! I mean it! Check them out!

Raymondbl

where do you get Audacity?  Also, it's a sound editing program.  I seriously need it to finish my arrangements.
The purpose of life is to survive.  Deal with it.

DonValentino

Audacity is a program that helps you to figure out some part of a song, by slowing it. I´ve just downloaded it and th eresults are very nice! I´ve found it just writing "audacity" on google (obviously...  :P) and clicking on the first link. Then you go to the "download" section and choose the right version for your computer.  :)

fingerz

Classical / Jazz / Contemporary
Performer / Arranger / Educator
Bb, A, C & Bass Clarinet / Soprano, Alto, Tenor & Baritone Saxophone / Basset Horn

DonValentino

I did some changes and reuploaded all the links, but sadly this is...

EDIT: :'(

DonValentino

Quote from: SlowPokemon on January 21, 2011, 07:12:39 PMHey Warioman if you really enjoy the Mario and Luigi songs, maybe you'd consider doing one or several of these...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7FnRvOm8vlg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bo1IYeNoVgU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmTpzqtP0m8

Wow that list turned out way bigger than I expected. xD Just suggestions, you don't have to take them seriously.

These added to the TO-DO list.

EDIT: Checked my Zelda: Wind Waker soundtrack, and added a bunch of songs to the to-do list too.

Shadoninja

Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness
"Miror B Battle" (Duet)

Piano 1, Right hand measure 5, 6 - the first beat notes should be staccato. it also sounds like there are notes missing.

measures 5-8 - you probably should have one of the bass lines play the notes in octaves otherwise you miss the disco feel. the way you have it feels a bit too march-y.

measure 6-7 - piano 2's right hand is very cluttered. I'd shift the layer 2 line into one of the left hands or remove it entirely.

measure 8 - I think the trumpet notes in piano 1's right hand should have a slight cutoff at the end of each note. nothing too short like a staccato but perhaps have them at an eighth note duration ending them with an eighth rest.

measure 9-14: the bass line from 5/6 doesn't continue here it should play something different take another listen to the song. what you have feels odd and misplaced.

that's all for now.
"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

DonValentino

Quote from: Shadoninja on August 31, 2011, 12:22:50 PMPokemon XD: Gale of Darkness
"Miror B Battle" (Duet)

Piano 1, Right hand measure 5, 6 - the first beat notes should be staccato. it also sounds like there are notes missing.

measures 5-8 - you probably should have one of the bass lines play the notes in octaves otherwise you miss the disco feel. the way you have it feels a bit too march-y.

measure 6-7 - piano 2's right hand is very cluttered. I'd shift the layer 2 line into one of the left hands or remove it entirely.

measure 8 - I think the trumpet notes in piano 1's right hand should have a slight cutoff at the end of each note. nothing too short like a staccato but perhaps have them at an eighth note duration ending them with an eighth rest.

measure 9-14: the bass line from 5/6 doesn't continue here it should play something different take another listen to the song. what you have feels odd and misplaced.

that's all for now.

Great, thanks. I´ll correct it as soon as possible.

Cobraroll

Your Dragon Roost Island theme is great, but I think the right hand would be easier to read if you put 8va there from measure 44 and out (save for the last few measures).

(Hmm... have I commented on this earlier?)
Emergence - a story exclusive to NSM

Yes, I'm still around from time to time. For quicker response, you can reach me by PM, or drop by Smogon to say hi. I go by "Codraroll" there, because of a bet.