djRyoji's Corner - Video Game Piano Vol. I (20 arrangements + sheetbook)

Started by DonValentino, September 04, 2010, 09:40:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

(Nothing right now)

0 (0%)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

DonValentino

Quote from: SlowPokemon on February 21, 2012, 07:50:48 AMYour Toad Town is great! It needs to be in C# minor though, like Pumpy said. I did that and it looks great. You just change the key signature, making sure to click "hold notes to their original pitches chromatically" so that the notes aren't changed.

Fixed, thanks. Now I think is OK.  :)

NOTE: I'm going to move again all my files to Dropbox, so maybe some links won't work.

DonValentino

So yeah, I need help with the key of Tingle's House. Here's the link:

http://db.tt/mh99JeWg

:-[

insaneintherain

Quote from: WarioMan98 on February 21, 2012, 01:13:49 PMSo yeah, I need help with the key of Tingle's House. Here's the link:

http://db.tt/mh99JeWg

:-[
I would say that's it's just A minor. No sharps, no flats. It's sort of chromatically based, which fits Tingle's style. Your current key signature is good. The bass stays in Am, even though the right hand is just all over the place.

DonValentino

Quote from: insaneintherain on February 21, 2012, 01:41:26 PMI would say that's it's just A minor. No sharps, no flats. It's sort of chromatically based, which fits Tingle's style. Your current key signature is good. The bass stays in Am, even though the right hand is just all over the place.

Oh! Ok, then! Thanks!

DonValentino

Quote from: Shadoninja on September 23, 2011, 01:20:31 PMMiror B

Measure 5-8 - the left hand of Piano 1 overpowers the left hand of Piano 2. I'd remove them or make them octaves as well though that would be a bit unnecessary.

Measure 9-12 - there's a very awesome rhythmic bass part that I think you should replace Piano 1's left hand with.

Measure 13-14 - In piano 2's left hand, where's that part from? I don't hear it in the song. also, that ascending bass pattern that I seem to hate so much, I think it would work here.

Measure 23-24 - I think you could add that chord the piano plays in the song.

Measure 5-8 - Removed.

Measure 9-12 - Rhythmic bass? Do you mean that one?

Measure 13-14 - Fixed? I'm no sure which "ascending bass pattern" you're referring to.

Measure 23-24 - Done.

DonValentino

From "Accelerondo" to "New Pork Bossa", included.  :)

I'd be great if you could at least check the key signatures to see if they're right.

Also, Accelerondo's "accel." doesn't work. Someone knows how to make it work?

Criticism is welcome.  :D

DonValentino

SO! I was playing some Platinum one week ago, and I battled some trainers, including a hiker, an artist and a sailor. But before that, I spent 10 minutes listening to the "Spotted!" music of all those three and others, and I said: I'm gonna arrange this. I WANT to arrange this. I DEFINITELY WILL arrange this!!

And so I did. Well, kinda. Only the Hiker one is finished. The sailor one is on its way!

Anyways, oh... my... god... seven EXTREME AND VEEEEERY HARD measures! But finally, after one week of work, I finished it! And I have to say this is another of my best arrangements so far with the "Toad Town Ruins" arrangement.

Even I was surprised with the result! I listened to it 100 times!  :D
So there you have, the "Spotted! Hiker" theme. Nothing more to say but 'bon appetit' and enjoy this VBOW (Very best of WarioMan)!!  ;D

Sir Dino

Amazing! Great job on the "Spotted!" duet! I totally love it! ;)

DonValentino

Quote from: Maestro Aamir on April 12, 2012, 03:03:34 PMAmazing! Great job on the "Spotted!" duet! I totally love it! ;)

Thanks! I'm very proud of this one.  ;D

EDIT: Know what? I'll do every single Spotted theme! Yeah! 8)

DonValentino

I finished the Spotted Artist and Sailor, but (as always) I'm having problems with the key signature, specially with the Artist one, and I want to upload them asap.

http://db.tt/llcwc97T

http://db.tt/ShO3PPvt

Please? :P

EDIT: I almost forgot! The Sailor one has a glitch because of the glissandos and Finale freezes when pressing the Play button. Just press esc and the music will sound but without glissandos. If you want glissandos, wait until some measure have passed, save the document again, go back to the beginning and press play. That works for me. Hope I explained it clearly.  :Pç
This happens on Finale 2011 and don't know if it happens in other finale versions.

Shadoninja

Quote from: WarioMan98 on April 16, 2012, 11:47:38 AMI finished the Spotted Artist [...], but (as always) I'm having problems with the key signature[...]

Quote from: pumpy_heart on March 04, 2012, 08:36:48 AMI'd put it in D major and use E#'s and B#'s when they're grace notes to the main note. I'd use Ab when possible instead of G# because of the strong parallel minor relation prominent in most jazz. I'd leave the last chord in measure 11 as is, with the natural spelling.
Just use naturals when they come around unless they're grace notes, then use what makes sense.
"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

DonValentino

Quote from: pumpy_heart on March 04, 2012, 05:36:48 PM
QuoteI'd put it in D major and use E#'s and B#'s when they're grace notes to the main note. I'd use Ab when possible instead of G# because of the strong parallel minor relation prominent in most jazz. I'd leave the last chord in measure 11 as is, with the natural spelling.
Just use naturals when they come around unless they're grace notes, then use what makes sense.

How is this possible?!  :o Anyways, uploaded. Next one, "Spotted! Biker"!

SlowPokemon

Quote from: WarioMan98 on April 16, 2012, 11:47:38 AMI finished the Spotted Artist and Sailor, but (as always) I'm having problems with the key signature, specially with the Artist one, and I want to upload them asap.

http://db.tt/llcwc97T

http://db.tt/ShO3PPvt

Please? :P

EDIT: I almost forgot! The Sailor one has a glitch because of the glissandos and Finale freezes when pressing the Play button. Just press esc and the music will sound but without glissandos. If you want glissandos, wait until some measure have passed, save the document again, go back to the beginning and press play. That works for me. Hope I explained it clearly.  :Pç
This happens on Finale 2011 and don't know if it happens in other finale versions.

Hey the first link is broken, not sure if the second one is as well.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

DonValentino

Quote from: SlowPokemon on April 16, 2012, 04:31:44 PMHey the first link is broken, not sure if the second one is as well.

Yep, I know.  :) That one is the Spotted! Artist, which has already been corrected and moved to the first page, so that link won't work. The second one is still working, though.

DonValentino

One more added!  :D Is it me or it sounds like the Godfather theme song in some parts?

Anyways... Next one... Let's see... Maybe 'Lass' or 'Gambler'. Hmm... I think 'Gambler'.