News:

Local man invests life savings into turnips. When asked whether it was a wise decision he responded, "Eh. I'm sure someone will buy them."

Main Menu

djRyoji's Corner - Video Game Piano Vol. I (20 arrangements + sheetbook)

Started by DonValentino, September 04, 2010, 09:40:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

(Nothing right now)

0 (0%)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Taser9090

Oh wow, I didn't notice you arranged Miror B's theme! That's one of my favorite Pokemon themes! :D

"They say money makes the world go 'round. And what goes around, comes around" ~Rover

DonValentino

Yeah, it's awesome right?! ;D
I bet any champion would love to have Miror B's theme for themselves. You know what...? Miror B for Orre Champion! 8)

Also, I didn't forget the Pokemon PDPt requests, its just that I just keep procrastinating. :P

DonValentino

Hah! Another one finished!

Pokémon Diamond, Pearl and Platinum - "Bicycle" MUS

This was kind of a personal challenge; I wanted to put the correct accidentals, with no mistakes, attending to the chords and such. Hope I
did! :-\ Way to say "please take a look at it and give feedback, please".

Jompa

Amazing WarioMan!
I was planning on doing this one, now that I have a week of, but your arrangement makes me proud!

About the accidentals:
Measure#19 - the G natural should be an A double flat
Measure#37 - the A natural should be B double flat
Measure#40 - the F flat should be E natural
Measure#41 - in the right hand the A natural should be B double flat, and in the left hand the C natural should be B double flat, as well as the A natural in the left hand should be B double flat
:)
Other than that, amazing work on the accidentals!

Here's a suggestion:
In the original, at measure#42, the mood of the song changes, into this pop rock kinda feel.
I have an idea of how to capture that in your arrangement:
So far the rythm in the left hand has been I-..-..-.I-..-..-.I-..-..-.I-..-..-.I
I think you should change that at measure#42 to #50 to I..--..-.I..--..-.I..--..-.I..--..-.I
I think that would sound amazing!

On a different note:
This is just my opinion:
I think the 8va is unnecessary.
I don't think the notes are high enough to make it worth it, if you know what I mean.
This is just me though..

And about the hidden layers:
It is good that you include stuff in the audio that can't be included on the sheet(in my opinion anyways), but in the cases of measure#1 #10 and #14 I don't think hiding them is neccesary. They are playable in these cases, and therefore shouldn't be hidden.
At best they could be optional, but they should be visible.
If someone were to play this, the hidden layer wouldn't be audible (ofc), and that would be too bad when they could have been played :P

Great work!!!

Also, I finished my arrangement of "Morning Glory"! Go check it out! :D
Birdo for Smash

DonValentino

Quote from: Jompa on March 24, 2013, 07:26:24 AMAmazing WarioMan!
I was planning on doing this one, now that I have a week of, but your arrangement makes me proud!
Thank you!
BTW, I don't really like WarioMan now. :-\
You can call me better Wario or even Don here too. ;)

Quote from: Jompa on March 24, 2013, 07:26:24 AMAbout the accidentals:
Measure#19 - the G natural should be an A double flat
Measure#37 - the A natural should be B double flat
Measure#40 - the F flat should be E natural
Measure#41 - in the right hand the A natural should be B double flat, and in the left hand the C natural should be B double flat, as well as the A natural in the left hand should be B double flat
:)
Other than that, amazing work on the accidentals!
Gah! Still made mistakes... Well, it's ok. At least I made less than I thought I would have done.
One question, on measure 41, you say that the C natural should be Bbb? I don't really know what you meant there, because C is not Bbb. ???

Quote from: Jompa on March 24, 2013, 07:26:24 AMHere's a suggestion:
In the original, at measure#42, the mood of the song changes, into this pop rock kinda feel.
I have an idea of how to capture that in your arrangement:
So far the rythm in the left hand has been I-..-..-.I-..-..-.I-..-..-.I-..-..-.I
I think you should change that at measure#42 to #50 to I..--..-.I..--..-.I..--..-.I..--..-.I
I think that would sound amazing!
No doubt! But the thing is that I would like it to be like the original, which is I-..-..-.I-..-..-.I-..-..-.I-..-..-.I
I could make another version perhaps...?

Quote from: Jompa on March 24, 2013, 07:26:24 AMOn a different note:
This is just my opinion:
I think the 8va is unnecessary.
I don't think the notes are high enough to make it worth it, if you know what I mean.
This is just me though..
Yeah, now that I realize it is. That G made me thought it was necessary.

Quote from: Jompa on March 24, 2013, 07:26:24 AMAnd about the hidden layers:
It is good that you include stuff in the audio that can't be included on the sheet(in my opinion anyways), but in the cases of measure#1 #10 and #14 I don't think hiding them is neccesary. They are playable in these cases, and therefore shouldn't be hidden.
At best they could be optional, but they should be visible.
If someone were to play this, the hidden layer wouldn't be audible (ofc), and that would be too bad when they could have been played :P
Hmmm... I see. At first I had them all visible, but decided to hide all of them. Gotta fix it.

Quote from: Jompa on March 24, 2013, 07:26:24 AMGreat work!!!

Also, I finished my arrangement of "Morning Glory"! Go check it out! :D
Thanks a lot for your feedback! Exactly what I needed. :)
And yeah, I already checked it out. ::)

EDIT: Check again the MUS and please tell me if there's still something I should correct.

Jompa

When I said that the C natural should be B double flat, I meant that it should be D double flat :P
So you still have to fix that...

Other than that, it's perfect!!
Birdo for Smash

DonValentino

Ohhh, makes perfect sense. Now I see the correct chord. :P

Thanks again! :)

Brassman388

Why does it sound like there are notes playing where there are whole notes? I'm wanna say that it's an error by Finale, but it sounds like it fits perfectly in the song.

I dunno, haven't listened to the original recording yet.

Also, if you have the many flats and are going into using double flats, why not just use a key with sharps? Like, F sharp major or something, that way, instead of using double flats, you use naturals.

Just a suggestion.

DonValentino

Quote from: Brassman388 on March 24, 2013, 01:52:45 PMWhy does it sound like there are notes playing where there are whole notes? I'm wanna say that it's an error by Finale, but it sounds like it fits perfectly in the song.

I dunno, haven't listened to the original recording yet.
Haha, no, there are hidden notes in layer 3! ;D
Didn't you read the little text I wrote in the upper left corner of the first page? ;)

Quote from: Brassman388 on March 24, 2013, 01:52:45 PMAlso, if you have the many flats and are going into using double flats, why not just use a key with sharps? Like, F sharp major or something, that way, instead of using double flats, you use naturals.

Just a suggestion.
As a matter of fact, I started arranging it in F sharp major, but changed it to Gb major later on because I thought it fitted better the song. Either way, F sharp major is a valid option as far as I've seen. I'll try in F sharp and see what looks best.
And thanks for your feedback!

Jompa

Quote from: Brassman388 on March 24, 2013, 01:52:45 PMAlso, if you have the many flats and are going into using double flats, why not just use a key with sharps? Like, F sharp major or something, that way, instead of using double flats, you use naturals.

Just a suggestion.
Yeah, but where there now are naturals --> there would be double sharps, y know ;)

And everyone hates sharps anyways...
Birdo for Smash

Brassman388

No, there would be flats, which would be much easier to read rather than double flats.

Just a suggestion, nothing more.

Jompa

No, because you don't use flats when the key is full of sharps, besides, i am right anyways; they do become double sharps.
Birdo for Smash

Brassman388

I'll show you in a sec. Hold on, cool?

This is how it should look. It was in the wrong key to begin with, anyways.

I don't mean to offend, but just take a step back once in awhile and ask yourself if a sheet is meant to look like that. I do it all the time, which is the reason I always edit my sheets. I always feel that it could look better and sound better.

Honestly, it's not a bad mantra to live by.

Bicycle

I feel that this is a much, much cleaner version to look at. Hope this helps.

Jompa

I'll look at it later, when I have access to my Mac again, sometime this afternoon.
Birdo for Smash

DonValentino

But Brassman, isn't that B major? Sure looks clean, but the key is not Bmaj. :-\