djRyoji's Corner - Video Game Piano Vol. I (20 arrangements + sheetbook)

Started by DonValentino, September 04, 2010, 09:40:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

(Nothing right now)

0 (0%)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Dudeman

Nice job on snow land! I love the bouncy, upbeat feeling of the song, and you captured it perfectly. Plus it's a great game!
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

DonValentino

Quote from: Dudeman on June 19, 2013, 09:34:50 AMNice job on snow land! I love the bouncy, upbeat feeling of the song, and you captured it perfectly. Plus it's a great game!

Thanks! Yeah, Snow Land is one of my favorite songs in MK Super Circuit. I always loved that happy and bouncy feeling of the song, as you say. :)

Glad you liked it!

DonValentino

An underrated classic:

[N64] Super Mario 64 - "Ultimate Bowser"  MUS

DonValentino

Haha, thanks! Glad you liked it. I feel loved! ;D

Jokes apart, I changed my modus operandi. From now on I'm going to make a Dropbox folder public where you can find all my newest arrangements.

Some old arrangements might be corrected and polished and also uploaded. If you want me to upload a specific old arrangement, tell me and I'll try to correct it first.

Nevertheless, I will continue posting and notifying the new additions here as I have been doing lately. This way it's better to keep everything organized. :)

You can find the link either on page 1, first post; or below, in my signature.

FireArrow

I didn't know Super Mario 64 had such a good soundtrack, or is it just the awesomeness of your arrangement.  ;)
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

Yugi

Pretty good arrangment!

BTW, the name of the song is "Ultimate Koopa"

The Deku Trombonist

Ab's -> G#'s
Db's -> C#'s

Other than it's pretty schweet

Jompa

Measures where there should be C# instead of Db in the right hand:
Measures#21, 23, 25, 37, 39, 41, 43, 47, 51, 55, 58, 61

Measures where there should be C# instead of Db in the left hand:
measures#43, 47, 51, 55

^no other measures than these should be changed.

Other changes:
Measure#43: There should be G# instead of Ab (both hands)
Measure#51: There should be G# instead of Ab (both hands)
Measure#28: The G should be parenthesized
Measure#34: The A# should be Bb

Other than that it's magnificent!!! :D
Birdo for Smash

DonValentino

Quote from: FireArrow on June 24, 2013, 03:05:46 PMI didn't know Super Mario 64 had such a good soundtrack, or is it just the awesomeness of your arrangement.  ;)

Thank you! :D

Quote from: Yugi on June 24, 2013, 03:40:26 PMPretty good arrangment!

BTW, the name of the song is "Ultimate Koopa"

Thanks! Well actually, Koopa is Bowser's japanese name. And yeah, I know it's "Ultimate Koopa" in one of the official soundtracks (http://vgmdb.net/album/4869).

BUT! http://vgmdb.net/album/2301

I prefer "Ultimate Bowser" anyways. Putting "Ultimate Koopa" is like putting "Pakkun Flower Lullaby" instead of "Piranha Plant Lullaby". :P

Quote from: DekuTrombonist on June 24, 2013, 06:14:04 PMAb's -> G#'s
Db's -> C#'s

Other than it's pretty schweet

Thank you.
Either way I don't think all Ab's should be G#'s. For example, at measure 21 it's descending from A to Ab, makes sense it's flat.

Now you're absolutely right with the Db's. I just followed the same rule as with A --> Ab (descending --> flat). My bad!

Quote from: Jompa on June 25, 2013, 03:21:48 AMMeasures where there should be C# instead of Db in the right hand:
Measures#21, 23, 25, 37, 39, 41, 43, 47, 51, 55, 58, 61

Measures where there should be C# instead of Db in the left hand:
measures#43, 47, 51, 55

^no other measures than these should be changed.

Other changes:
Measure#43: There should be G# instead of Ab (both hands)
Measure#51: There should be G# instead of Ab (both hands)
Measure#28: The G should be parenthesized
Measure#34: The A# should be Bb

Other than that it's magnificent!!! :D

Thank you! Damn I always forget the parentheses...
And at measure 34 I doubted, but yeah, maybe Bb9 fits better. ;)

Thank you all again for your feedback and kind words. Really appreciated. :)

The Deku Trombonist

Bar 24, 35-> Ab should be G# as it's taken from the opening (insert some garbage about dominant key relationships...)

DonValentino

Quote from: DekuTrombonist on June 26, 2013, 05:38:09 AMBar 24, 35-> Ab should be G# as it's taken from the opening (insert some garbage about dominant key relationships...)

Oh my, you're right. I really have to put more attention when arranging. :-\

DonValentino

Fixed old arrangements:

[GB] Ghost'n'Goblins: Gargoyle's Quest - "Hell Field"
   [GBA] Mother 3 - "Monkey's Love Song"

New:

[GBC] The Legend of Zelda Oracle of Seasons - "Din's Dance"
   [GBC] The Legend of Zelda Oracle of Seasons - "Subrosian Market"
   [GBC] The Legend of Zelda Oracle of Seasons - "Sunken City"
   [GBC] The Legend of Zelda Oracle of Ages and Oracle of Seasons - "House"
   [GBC] The Legend of Zelda Oracle of Ages and Oracle of Seasons - "Skull Pirates" (Recommended)
   [GB] Wario Land II - "Anyone for B-Ball?"

JDMEK5

I'm not sure if you've noticed yet, but I've redone the "Fixing the Sheets" project". The current focus is Pokémon R/B/Y and you've done a few of those. Replacements I assume.
I was wondering if you'd care to pop in with your arrangements and help us out with that.
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

DonValentino

Yeah, why not. I also have some older ones which I haven't yet uploaded here.

But just to make things clear, I made these arrangements note by note all by myself, I didn't use anything as a template, so no "Altering the original arranger's name on a sheet without just cause is strictly prohibited.".

Obviously, the arrangements will be somehow similar, because the song is what it is.

But these arrangements were specifically made for the Pokemon Red, Blue and Yellow "Cat in the Box" project, led by MaestroAamir, abandoned before completion; so I didn't want to waste them and I uploaded some here. In fact, the point of the "Cat in the Box" project was to make our very own arrangements.

So technically they are not replacements, nor by any means fixed arrangements made by someone else. At first, they weren't even made for this site at all.

All that said, if you still want my arrangements, I'm in. Otherwise, I'm sorry, but I'm not.