djRyoji's Corner - Video Game Piano Vol. I (20 arrangements + sheetbook)

Started by DonValentino, September 04, 2010, 09:40:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

(Nothing right now)

0 (0%)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Jompa

On "Please God":
For esthetic reasons you should avoid suddenly going over to five voices in the ending - according to counterpoint rules (which I think is good to apply to this piece) there should always be consistency to how many voices there are. When the entire song is for three voices, and you suddenly go over to five, it's pretty notable, and it does not sound good - It's an unpleasant way to end the piece, is what I'm trying to say :)
So you should cut out notes in the five-note chords at the end, so they are left with three notes each.

On "Dastardly Bomber Battle":
The way you manage the accidentals is ok, but there are still a couple of places you will have to parenthesize. There are a few places where I'd use different accidentals (descending and ascending and all that stuff), but there's nothing wrong with the way you do it as long as you parenthesize.

They are very good arrangements!
Birdo for Smash

DonValentino

Good point with "Please God". Fixed it. :)

Argh, you're right, I always forget to parenthesize some notes. ^^''
Thanks for the feedback!

DonValentino

Had some free time. c:

[NES] Castlevania - "Wicked Child" MUS

Yugi

When does this play in the game?

also why does this sound like wily stage 1

DonValentino

DonValentino

Yes, BT again...

[GBA] Bomberman Tournament - "Big Ocean" MUS
[GBA] Bomberman Tournament - "VS Brain Bomber" MUS

hecr

I just came here for this: Metroid Other M - "Samus' Theme"

Can you reupload please? :D

DonValentino

Sorry it took so long, but I was so unsatisfied with the old arrangement because it was so inaccurate that I decided to arrange it all over again. Anyways, this time I'm happy with the result. Enjoy! :D

Metroid Other M - "Samus' Theme" MUS

By the way, if you want a PDF just ask. :)

hecr

It's ok with the mus file :)
thank you, have a happy new year

DonValentino

You're welcome, and happy new year too! ;)

Well, happy new year to everyone. :)

fingerz

Don! Beautiful arrangement of []Samus' Theme[/i], might I say! Just like the original. There's nothing I could comment on to make it any better. Keep up the great work! :)

*smirk* Zero Punctuation changed my view of this game COMPLETELY after watching his review of it. Check it out if you haven't seen it. Oh, I do have something to ask you though...

Question: Why DO you arrange? What makes you want to arrange? Think hard on that and let me know. :D
Classical / Jazz / Contemporary
Performer / Arranger / Educator
Bb, A, C & Bass Clarinet / Soprano, Alto, Tenor & Baritone Saxophone / Basset Horn

DonValentino

Thanks. :)

Just watched his review of Other M, but I haven't changed my mind. I don't really care for reviews of games I've played and I like, even if they say they're bad. And while Other M wasn't that good, I still liked it a lot. :D

Well, I arrange because it's enjoyable and useful for a music student, and I love learning how composers composed their compositions. Not much to say. It's just fun. :D

DonValentino

Just re-arranged the Map song from Wario Land and compared it with my first arrangement ever, of that same song, and wow. Not to be cocky or anything, but sincerely, I never thought I'd arrange like this back then.

Old arr.

New arr.

SlowPokemon

One of the greatest things about practicing an art is looking at how much you improve. Your new arrangement is far and away the better one.

Unrelated, but should I buy this game on the eShop? I really enjoyed Super Mario Land 2, if that says anything.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

DonValentino

You're absolutely right, and thanks.

If you enjoyed SML2 you'll like Wario Land even more imo. Yeah, I'd recommend you to give it a try. :)