News:

Using cutting-edge ray tracing technology, our sheets appear 69% more realistic than the leading bargain brand!

Main Menu

Providing PDF and MSCZ?

Started by Shy Guy, September 13, 2010, 11:43:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shy Guy

Why does this site not provide PDF, and maybe "MSCZ" for download? Maybe not everybody likes to download Finale (e.g. they are not administrative), and others (like me) would like to submit a sheet in MSCZ, or converted to PDF, as I don't buy commercial software to do this.

I have searched in the homepage in the faq etc. but I couldn't find anything about this.  :(

Shadoninja

I don't see why people have a problem with finale.
"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

Shy Guy

Quote from: Shadoninja on September 13, 2010, 11:55:24 AMI don't see why people have a problem with finale.
I have to download Finale Reader, but for that I need an account there, where I have to tell some private information about me. Maybe not everybody likes that.

In addition you could take a PDF where ever you want to view or print it no matter whether Finale is installed or not.

As I look on the Finale's website I have to buy software to put notes on sheet with it which I save in a MUS file, and I don't have the money for that. There's also free software for writing sheet music which supports export to PDF (and MIDI), but no one supporting MUS files.

dahans

Check out my arrangements! I mean it! Check them out!

Nintendude73

I think PDF is probably the only viable option for switching everything over.  I don't see any reason (or easy way other than manual reproduction) to switch to another sheet music program format.  I don't think it would be completely out of the question to start accepting sheets in additional formats, but I think MUS will continue to be a requirement for a while.

Ruto

Quote from: Shy Guy on September 13, 2010, 12:29:53 PMI have to download Finale Reader, but for that I need an account there, where I have to tell some private information about me. Maybe not everybody likes that.

In addition you could take a PDF where ever you want to view or print it no matter whether Finale is installed or not.

As I look on the Finale's website I have to buy software to put notes on sheet with it which I save in a MUS file, and I don't have the money for that. There's also free software for writing sheet music which supports export to PDF (and MIDI), but no one supporting MUS files.

You can always try Finale Notepad 2008. It's not very good, but it's free. The program will ask you for a serial number to use it, but you don't need it. You can find a serial on their website anyway.

Read this post, it has the download link:
http://www.ninsheetm.us/smf/index.php?topic=2223.msg66121#msg66121

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.

SlowPokemon

Is that the only free one available other than reader, Ruto? :P

I want to arrange, but Finale is rather...expensive. And that one looks meager at best, actually. '^.^
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Ruto

Marketing! lmao.

You can buy or find some older versions of the software online if you look hard enough.  You can buy Allegro on eBay for $133 and that's like 4 Pokemon games? But that's it for the legal options.  ;D

Shy Guy

You can always try Finale Notepad 2008. It's not very good, but it's free. The program will ask you for a serial number to use it, but you don't need it. You can find a serial on their website anyway.[/quote]
But that software is a bit limited on creating sheets, and I'm currently thinking of a song which needs, or which should have one of those not avaible features.

MasterPenguin

I have all the Finale Notepads 2008 and below hosted elsewhere if you want them (serial included so you don't have annoying ads.) Though if you're going free, just grab 2008 and go, you don't have much choice.

Shy Guy

Quote from: MasterPenguin on September 14, 2010, 08:01:43 AMThough if you're going free, just grab 2008 and go, you don't have much choice.
Alternatively I could upload PDF sheets somehwere else ...

Ruto

^Which features do you need?

Another thought: If you want to submit sheets, you can always ask someone on this site to submit it in .mus for you...I don't mind helping you out if the sheet(s) isn't/aren't longer than 8 pages :P

The is the cheapest version of Allegro on eBay right now. But the description sounds shady.

Shy Guy

Quote from: Ruto on September 14, 2010, 06:56:42 PMAnother thought: If you want to submit sheets, you can always ask someone on this site to submit it in .mus for you...I don't mind helping you out if the sheet(s) isn't/aren't longer than 8 pages :P
Okay, that's a nice idea ^^
Okay, maybe that way might also be a bit better as I don't have much experience with sheet music and others might "improve" those sheets.

Thanks.

KefkaticFanatic

Quote from: Shy Guy on September 13, 2010, 12:29:53 PMI have to download Finale Reader, but for that I need an account there, where I have to tell some private information about me. Maybe not everybody likes that.

Hahaha, you're an idiot.

me irl
[close]

Shy Guy

Quote from: KefkaticFanatic on September 22, 2010, 04:59:29 PMHahaha, you're an idiot.
I have searched for an alternative download, where I don't need to tell, but I haven't found :/