News:

Want to request some new sheets? Head on over here first!

Main Menu

Dreams Collapsing - Inception

Started by Linkxgl, December 30, 2011, 07:51:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linkxgl

I found the sheet for time, but I would still like to request this song:

Dreams Collapsing from this video: Dreams Collapsing

this version would be awesome too if you don't like the version above:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&feature=endscreen&v=l6rlk0fYiHA

just the first part, before time.

Thanks so much for whoever does this.
Linkxgl

SlowPokemon

Oh I have the sheet music for "Dream is Collapsing" if that's what you mean. I'll post the link when I find it.

...but isn't this a little random, it's not a video game? Lol
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Linkxgl

Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't know it had to be video game related. I tried checking some of the stickies to see if it said anything about that, and I didn't read that I couldn't! maybe I missed something?

I guess it's a little random, but it's really a cool song :p, if you could send me the link to the sheet that'd be great, thanks a lot!

Jub3r7

This is a video game sheet music website, after all, but you're right. It is an awesome song. XD
It's dangerous to go alone, take me with you! [JUB has joined the party.]

SlowPokemon

http://www.mediafire.com/?4613tnf08y6iwca

^There's the whole Inception book, but IMO the only worthy songs are Time and Dream Is Collapsing.

And I'd listen to the actual song before playing. It doesn't sound great on piano... my performance if you're interested.

pumpy_heart

Don't bother with anything Hans Zimmer. Play anything else and become a better musician.

SlowPokemon

Quote from: pumpy_heart on January 03, 2012, 05:47:44 PMDon't bother with anything Hans Zimmer. Play anything else and become a better musician.

Not a fan, huh? =P I KIND OF like his music. His scores are incredibly... INCREDIBLY... simplistic. ridiculously simplistic. They're just made to sound dramatic. His Inception score (really only Dream Is Collapsing) is the only thing by him I consider really good, aside from his brilliant "World's Fattest Fertilizer Salesman" from the Simpsons Movie (which I suppose was co writtten by Danny Elfman).

His Dark Knight score was not that great, but people rave about it. Don't really understand. And mostly, if you've seen any comments he's made...he's very arrogant.

I do respect him as a musician though, and I don't think his music is horrible. In fact, it's rather good. Just I don't think he deserves all the praise he's getting.

pumpy_heart

He doesn't really deserve any of it. If that's composition, I'll make millions of dollars changing chords once every 5-10 seconds and repeating notes and writing arpeggios.

We discussed this once in class, and basically, his music works in films because the entire time you're listening to it, you hope it gets better. But it never does. So if that's his dramatic effect on the perceived audience, he's got it.

spitllama

Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012

Linkxgl

I totally agree, but the movie was awesome, the typical love story plot was done amazingly well in the movie. The only movies I know that have really done it well were Inception and Unforgiven (something like that).

Anyways, it sounds epic to me, so I'd still like to play it! The song itself isn't as good as the memories it brings from the movie, which is what makes the song epic.

@SlowPokemon, the video I put up is a lot better sounding, don't you think? So I'd still like the sheet for the song from the video :) If not I'll use the sheet you gave me, thanks!!

Oh and if the version above is too long, this version would be awesome too:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&feature=endscreen&v=l6rlk0fYiHA

SlowPokemon

Wtf? I gave you the official sheet music from warner bros. I'm not making an arrangement of some random kid's performance... sorry =P too much time

EDIT: sorry for being so harsh, I misread your comment as "I'm not using the sheet music you gave me" and I was like "wat" and it made me kinda ticked... but yeah I'm not going to make an arrangement... have you tried PMing the guy on youtube?

Linkxgl

I didn't mean it a bad way D: I like the performance you did and I'm grateful for the sheet you gave me. I just like how the other guys arranged it! It's all just a matter of personal preference.

I would PM these guys, the problem is that they both did it by ear, and I doubt they will make a music sheet for just one person. I thought I would try here because this doesn't just benefit me, it benefits the entire forum community. I thought that would motivate/encourage someone to actually try to figure out the notes played in the video.