News:

oh god how did this get here I am not good with computer

Main Menu

Best Nintendo Songs to Arrange for Concert Band? - MUS file up!

Started by Tangy, September 13, 2010, 03:57:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Piano_Pika_

for a concert, I would put this:

first, something like littleroot town duet.
then, dusk forest from mystery dungeon of pokemon.
and then more pokemon!!  ;D

Quote from: SlowPokemon on May 06, 2011, 01:52:52 PM
I like your enthusiasm about everything. XD

Sekter77

Alright! I'm excited to hear how it turns out!
Thanks for taking our suggestions.
Guitar and video games.

Tangy

I worked for seven hours yesterday and got everything done, pretty much. :) Now I just have to triple-check the ranges, and I'm done!

Quote from: DekuTrombonist on May 05, 2011, 03:50:38 PMFile->Extract Parts should do the trick but I'm not sure if that's in PrintMusic or only the full version. If not, send me a PM and I'll do it if you want.

Yes, that worked perfectly, thank you! :D

Quote from: Brassman388 on May 05, 2011, 12:08:49 AMYou should post a copy for all to view when you're done.

By the way, you totally missed Metroid/Super Metroid, Earthworm Jim, a few Final Fantasy pieces and Donkey Kong Country.

I will post a copy sometime in early June. :)

And... yeah. I would liked to have included more, but honestly I thought that my arrangement was way too long haha. Especially compared to my classmates (173 bars compared to about 30? :P). Plus it's a lot of work.

Brassman388

Tangy

Thanks. :) But it was a school project, so I preferred to do the arranging part on my own.

One more question... Can you change the name of an instrument on the conductor's sheet? I put all of my pitched percussion on the same line, but it's labeled "bells".

Shadoninja

Quote from: Tangy on May 09, 2011, 04:47:08 AMThanks. :) But it was a school project, so I preferred to do the arranging part on my own.

One more question... Can you change the name of an instrument on the conductor's sheet? I put all of my pitched percussion on the same line, but it's labeled "bells".

you should be able to using the staff tool.
"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

Tangy

Thank you! That worked. There's so many tools in Finale that I never knew existed until now... lol

Tangy

We have had our final band concert, and we played my arrangement. :) It was... rather difficult and we didn't have a lot of time to practice it, but they managed to get through it at least... lol. Some parts sounded good... some parts not so much. My friend has a much better sounding recording of it that I hope she'll send me!

I'm on bass clarinet, front and center... you can't see me until the end when I stand up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ua0Yhz8rboA

I'll post the actual arrangement later. It's saved on my brother's computer.

Olimar12345

I cant wait to see the sheets for this! Would you mind if we played this in my college band?
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

DrP

Quote from: olimar12345 on June 04, 2011, 12:31:35 PMI cant wait to see the sheets for this! Would you mind if we played this in my college band?
That would be epic. I couldn't give it to my band director (cause he'd dismiss it for something super hard), even though everyone would probably love to play it.

I want to see the sheets, and then I'll test it out on the instruments I have.

garlicbananas

That was EPIC!  That turned out as awesome as it could have.  I could feel the tension from lack of practice, but another week or 2 would have made it that much more amazing.  Nice job!
Please check out my arrangement! http://www.ninsheetm.us/smf/index.php?topic=4222.0

Tangy

Hey guys! Thanks for the nice comments :) I've very proud of my band. I've received lots of positive feedback from them and it was overall a very fun experience!

The final version is on my brothers computer... and he's away until Saturday. I do have the almost-final version (at this stage, the ranges were not double-checked, some of the parts are doubled slightly differently (like, with forest maze this version only has first clarinets playing the melody, but in the final I put all of them on it...), and it wasn't formatted yet), but other than that it's almost the same!

There's a glitch (on my computer, at least) at the end of the Song of Time where it slows down tremendously - ignore that, it's not suppost to slow down at all lol.

So, here it is! Thank you everyone, I still can't believe it's over!

http://www.box.net/shared/542nn94v5f

If you have any questions, ask away. :D

Quote from: olimar12345 on June 04, 2011, 12:31:35 PMI cant wait to see the sheets for this! Would you mind if we played this in my college band?

That would be awesome! :) My brother has the individual sheets on his computer, and he's away atm, but I'll get back to you as soon as possible. Drop me an e-mail at jprall27@msn.com so that I can send them to you. That goes for anybody who wants the individual sheets - I will not be posting them to the internet.

Oh, and also, I don't own Nintendo or any of it's songs ;) I would also like to say that I would prefer if you ask before you use these sheets for anything besides looking at them. Thank you!

Sekter77

Guitar and video games.

K-NiGhT

Pretty cool...i should reccomend that to my band director. Would it be ok if i asked you for the sheets for this?
Quote from: K-NiGhT on April 11, 2024, 11:54:48 AMwow, 20 years

*crumbles into dust and blows away in the wind*

Tangy

Sure, either PM me your e-mail or e-mail from the address I put in the last post and I'll send 'em over.