News:

New to the site? Introduce yourself here!

Main Menu

TWG XI: Host Signups

Started by master_gamer38, September 18, 2010, 08:19:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DrP

I'm not taking it personally... I'm just stating the facts (which you do sometimes in TWG games with who would be next and stuff). I am not accepting/condemning your actions... you just don't know which one to pick since it is either too boring/too complex/or like the 2008 presidential election where neither of the candidates were great

I say a game needs to pass with a minimum of 4 votes or a 2 vote lead from the other game (unless a long time passes)

jake3343

I like Dude's game, but drp's is pretty good too.

SlowPokemon

Dude, I have a question before I officially vote for you... can you be sure that you can end the phases within an hour of their deadline? Or at least within a day? xD

No more SFK fiascoes, and I was pretty ticked with Concerto's host performance as well...
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Winter

I didn't even play in the last round, and I can say that just reading through it irritated me because of th "Days" not being ended on time. And I may reconsider my vote, I like Dude's, (and I should be honest) It would be my first TWG, and i was looking for a relatively easy one I could delve into, but after skimming previous TWG's I noticed that the most exciting part was the storyline, and that is why drp's is more attractive.

Nakah

As much as I am for Dude hosting as I am DRP, I can say that DRP will probably have the deadlines met pretty accurately each phase considering his enthusiasm with his game thus far. Vote as you will, though. I'm not going to take part in this next one.

To speed things up, and what I should have done probably about a week ago:

Voting ends Sunday @ 6:00p.m. EST. The member with the most votes by that time will be permitted to host the next TWG.

Dude

Quote from: SlowPokemon on September 25, 2010, 04:08:48 PMDude, I have a question before I officially vote for you... can you be sure that you can end the phases within an hour of their deadline? Or at least within a day? xD

No more SFK fiascoes, and I was pretty ticked with Concerto's host performance as well...
Yeah, I'll be sure to enforce that rule. I'll try to make each phase end at 7:00 PM whether it's day or night. I'll give 1 calendar day for Night phases and 2 calendar days for Day phases.

Sound good?

Winter

haven't they always done 12 hours for day, and 12 for night?

Dude

Well day phases usually take more time, right?  Let's say someone was busy one day and couldn't get on the computer for some unknown reason, but had the next day off, then the person would still have another day to talk about it and vote.

Winter

just feels like it would take too long, but it sure would be thorough

SlowPokemon

Yup, anything sounds good! I believe you'll be prompt about it!
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

DrP

Quote from: Nakah on September 25, 2010, 06:04:04 PMAs much as I am for Dude hosting as I am DRP, I can say that DRP will probably have the deadlines met pretty accurately each phase considering his enthusiasm with his game thus far. Vote as you will, though. I'm not going to take part in this next one.

You got that right!

My deadlines will be pretty accurate! I won't have an exam for another three weeks, so I'm good in that aspect! If you haven't seen me in person, I am the one who is always 15 minutes early to something and being 10 minutes early is "right on time" and arriving at the time specified is "just a little late" for me!

askalice23

im gonna have to go with drp on pretty much this reason alone... he is active... sfk was about as active as dude and well looks at sfks game

Dude

Quote from: askalice23 on September 25, 2010, 10:18:18 PMim gonna have to go with drp on pretty much this reason alone... he is active... sfk was about as active as dude and well looks at sfks game

A. Bullshit.
Quote from: The fucking stats page thingDude              19d 14h 37m
B. The only reason I was inactive was to make you non-wolves think I was a human that didn't give a fuck.  If I'm going to host, I'd actually do something because I know because I'm not playing, I won't get ticked off by some of you guys and give up. I do that a lot. I won't give up on being host. If I do, you can hate me forever.

master_gamer38

I'd like to point out that being on time, as in right when the phase ends is pretty much impossible. Writing stories takes time.
Avid user of NFNet IRC network.

DrP

Quote from: Dude on September 25, 2010, 10:58:49 PMA. Bullshit. B. The only reason I was inactive was to make you non-wolves think I was a human that didn't give a fuck.  If I'm going to host, I'd actually do something because I know because I'm not playing, I won't get ticked off by some of you guys and give up. I do that a lot. I won't give up on being host. If I do, you can hate me forever.

Well, let's see here...

Dude: Joined February 22, 2008...Time: 19d 14h 37m

DP: Joined June 27, 2010... Time: 11d 21h 11m

Who REALLY is the active one here? (just pointing out the facts)

Also, I began to go sleuthing the TWG archives in the games to see how active Dude was... and I found, besides on being fairly active in like 2 games, the rest have him wolfed/lynched early or just see him just not doing anything...

Hmm... what else... Dude is the silent player, though... so... we shall see what happens