News:

Rest in pepperoni, Mario Mario, 1981 - 2021
He will be missed by all, except for me! WARIO, NUMBER ONE!

Main Menu

New Ps3

Started by Winter, September 30, 2010, 09:04:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Winter

It's not the one that plays Ps2 games (sadly)

I got The orange box. On that note, I loved Portal. And some free demos.

Flower was good, Peggle was pretty entertaining.

Before I waste my money on a Sony game, I was wondering what in the world could be good? Call of Duty's pretty entertaining, I guess. Not my style, but fun.

Any suggestions? Or have any of you played Flower or Peggle?

Nobody's posted in the Sony section in months, it deserves a little credit right?

KefkaticFanatic

Why the fuck did you buy the orange box on PS3, it's the worst possible platform to buy it on :|

Get Uncharted 2, and maybe MGS4.  Though at least get the first one on PSN first.  Great game.
There's also God of War III, and some multiplatform titles like Bioshock and Tales of Eternia.

me irl
[close]

Winter

Oh the Orange box was a gift.

God of War and Bioshock looked interesting, I'll try it out, thanks.

KefkaticFanatic

Ah.  Well then enjoy everything besides TF2 and go buy that for PC.

If you care about Gmod or other HL2 mods or something, you can get the Orange Box for only $20 or so on PC.

me irl
[close]

Winter

Oh yeah, I was looking at some of those mod videos... It's cool, but I'll pass, my comp sucks.

Team Fortress was a little boring..

KefkaticFanatic

It's only fun when you play with a) all the patches/updates on the PC and b) a server with cool people with alltalk on.

me irl
[close]

Winter

I could see that, what do the patches change?

KefkaticFanatic

Too much to explain.

http://tf2.com

Links on the right have info on the major updates, albeit without the more descriptive patch info like balance changes.

me irl
[close]

Sekter77

Though I don't have much knowledge of PS3 games, I will agree with KF and say that Uncharted 2 and Bioshock are supposed to be really good. Also, keep an eye out for the Shadow of the Colossus/Ico HD port coming out. I think it's still a while off, but those are two of the most beloved games of last generation (especially Shadow of the Colossus).
Guitar and video games.

KefkaticFanatic

I really need to get a PS2 and play all the good PS1/2 games I missed.

me irl
[close]

Winter

Hell yeah, Shadow of the Colossus is on my top ten, can'et wait for the next one