Submissions for Next Update - 3 Songs

Started by The Deku Trombonist, October 14, 2010, 01:57:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Deku Trombonist

I kinda borrowed this from Nintendude's previous update threads and made a few adjustments of my own.

For the next update, you may post  3 songs you think are ready for submission.
I know it's less then the 5 you've had for the past few updates but I hope to make up for this with more frequent updates.

Please indicate if your submission is a replacement, it makes things much easier.

The Formatting Guidelines are here, FOLLOW THEM.  It will make everything flow a whole lot smoother.

So, in a lovely step-by-step process:
1.  Perfect up to 3 songs for submission
2.  Make sure they are formatted PERFECTLY
3.  Post links to the submissions here, mus and midi
4.  Did I mention I want them perfectly formatted?  Repeat steps 2 and 3 if you didn't listen to me
5.  I will review submissions and post acceptance/rejection feedback whenever I can.
6.  When we've got enough, I'll close the thread to any new submissions. (You can still make changes to your existing submissions.)
7.  I'll wait at least 1 day if any modifications ned to be made and then all accepted songs will be uploaded and we'll start this circus again

Got it?  If yes, make your post and submit your songs!  If not, PM me with questions.

Questions I've Received (or made up):
-Do I need to break up a medley? No, it counts as one submission
-Do I have to include copyright and the site URL?  Yes.  The copyright is just <Publisher> © <Year Published> without the <> obviously.  The URL is http://www.ninsheetm.us/
-How do I make a MIDI? Open the MUS in Finale, click File>Save As... and choose MIDI from the dropdown list.
-When can we submit? Now!  Just do it.
-Can I still submit after you've swept-through the posts? Yes.  You can submit up until I post that the thread is closed for submissions.

Here be the list of accepted arrangements thus far.

[GBA] Advance Wars 2 - "Super CO Power" - Thomas Wilson
[DS] Advance Wars Dual Strike - "Jake's Theme" - Thomas Wilson
[DS] Advance Wars Dual Strike - "Javier's Theme" - Thomas Wilson
[N64] Banjo Kazooie - "Clanker's Cavern" (Replacement) - The Deku Trombonist
[N64] Banjo Kazooie - "Freezeezy Peak" (Replacement) - The Deku Trombonist
[N64] Banjo Kazooie - "Gobi's Valley" (Replacement) - The Deku Trombonist
[NES] Darkwing Duck - "Liquidator Stage" - Shadoninja
[NES] Darkwing Duck - "Megavolt Stage" - Shadoninja
[NES] Darkwing Duck - "Wolfduck Stage" - Shadoninja
[SNES] Dragon Quest I - "Tantegel Castle" - Commander6
[SNES] Dragon Quest II - "Ever Upwards/Devil's Tower"  - Commander6
[N64] Mario Kart 64 - "Moo Moo Farm" - Olimar12345
[NDS] Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time - "Thwomp Volcano" - WarioMan98
[NES] Mega Man 6 - "Final Battle" - WarioMan98
[NES] Mega Man 7 - "Spring Man" - Commander6
[SNES] Mega Man X2 - "Zero's Theme" - Sipan1234
[NES] Metroid - "Title Theme" (Replacement) - Olimar12345
[WII] Super Mario Galaxy 2 - "Chompworks Galaxy" - Olimar12345
[GCN] Tales of Symphonia - "Full Force" - Sipan1234
[N64] The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time - "Hyrule Castle Courtyard" - WarioMan98

Brassman388

Me first.

[GCN] Starfox Assault - Fichina - Brassman388 (Four Hands)

The Deku Trombonist

Sounds awesome, it's great to see you're back into arranging again Brassman. Do you think you could split this onto two lots of piano staves kinda like your other ones from Kirby Air Ride. Otherwise I think it seems like an unplayable solo piano part as opposed to a perfectly playable duet.

Brassman388

That's why it's called Four Hands, for like, one piano.

Haha, this would be madness for one person to play by himself.

Edit: Unless of course you want me to split it. Then that's a whole different story.

The Deku Trombonist

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought that a duet was for two people on the one piano and four hands was for two pianos. But I digress, that's kinda irrelevent.

I was thinking along the lines of splitting into 1 piano with two treble staves and second piano with 2 bass staves. That's how I was taught that duets are written

Brassman388

Hahaha, It's ironic you say to put 2 trebles on top and 2 basses on the bottom.

When I first joined that's exactly how I wrote duets. They were sadly rejected and thus, is the reason why I write like that today.

Funny, right?

The Deku Trombonist

Really? Jeeeeeez, who rejected you for that? My mum plays piano, like properly, and she's got a bunch of duet books written like that. So that's kinda where I got that idea from.

And yeah, gotta love how stuff goes around in circles :P

Brassman388

Also, I found mistakes in my piece... again. Let me upload another.

Err, I forget who said it was wrong. Whatever. Are you okay with it being written like that?

The Deku Trombonist

Not really, I'd much prefer it being split up

Brassman388

Alrighty, can I split it up like the way I did with my Airride series?

Err, actually, I'm going make it the way you said to make it. Seems easier for what I'm trying to achieve.

The Deku Trombonist

I guess you can split it up however you want. But (again correct me if I'm wrong) I believe your Airride stuff was for 2 pianos. The way I mentioned above is for two dudes playing on one piano.

EDIT: Looks like I forgot to read the second half of your post...

sipan1234

ready for submission

[GC] Tales of Symphonia Full Force MUS MIDI
[GC] Tales of Symphonia Like a glint of Light MUS MIDI
[SNES] MegaMan X2 Zero theme MUS MIDI

From The Deku Trombonist:
Full Force: The notes are all pretty good but the repeats are a little off. It's kinda hard for me to explain so I just fixed them myself. That one's accepted. I can upload what I changed if you want.

Like a Glint of Light: Somewhere on the top of Page 2,  a couple of beats got lost and the rest of the song is off by 2 beats. Also some of the rhythms need fixing up eg in Measure 3, the first 2 notes should be tied.

Zero Theme: Can you change the first 2 measure to have triplets in the right hand instead of semiquavers? Other than that, it's all good. Nevermind, I just fixed it. Accepted

sipan1234

Quote from: DekuTrombonist on October 14, 2010, 01:57:02 AMI kinda borrowed this from Nintendude's previous update threads and made a few adjustments of my own.

For the next update, you may post  3 songs you think are ready for submission.
I know it's less then the 5 you've had for the past few updates but I hope to make up for this with more frequent updates.

Please indicate if your submission is a replacement, it makes things much easier.

The Formatting Guidelines are here, FOLLOW THEM.  It will make everything flow a whole lot smoother.

So, in a lovely step-by-step process:
1.  Perfect up to 3 songs for submission
2.  Make sure they are formatted PERFECTLY
3.  Post links to the submissions here, mus and midi
4.  Did I mention I want them perfectly formatted?  Repeat steps 2 and 3 if you didn't listen to me
5.  I will review submissions and post acceptance/rejection feedback whenever I can.
6.  When we've got enough, I'll close the thread to any new submissions. (You can still make changes to your existing submissions.)
7.  I'll wait at least 1 day if any modifications ned to be made and then all accepted songs will be uploaded and we'll start this circus again

Got it?  If yes, make your post and submit your songs!  If not, PM me with questions.

Questions I've Received (or made up):
-Do I need to break up a medley? No, it counts as one submission
-Do I have to include copyright and the site URL?  Yes.  The copyright is just <Publisher> © <Year Published> without the <> obviously.  The URL is http://www.ninsheetm.us/
-How do I make a MIDI? Open the MUS in Finale, click File>Save As... and choose MIDI from the dropdown list.
-When can we submit? Now!  Just do it.
-Can I still submit after you've swept-through the posts? Yes.  You can submit up until I post that the thread is closed for submissions.

DekuTrombonist
How can I repeat my arranger. because if I repeat tool use than to not repeat my arranger
which button do I type with that ©

The Deku Trombonist

The © is in the text menu.  Click on the writing tool, and on the menu bar go to Text->Inserts->Copyright Symbol (©) and it will appear in the text box you are currently typing in.

The Repeat Tool only plays back in PrintMusic and above I believe. So in Finale Notepad, the repeats won't play back. But when people play arrangements, they usually print them, so as long as it's on the sheet, it's nothing to worry about. But can fix it for you if you want.

I'll look through your submissions after school today.

sipan1234

Quote from: DekuTrombonist on October 14, 2010, 12:43:17 PMThe © is in the text menu.  Click on the writing tool, and on the menu bar go to Text->Inserts->Copyright Symbol (©) and it will appear in the text box you are currently typing in.

The Repeat Tool only plays back in PrintMusic and above I believe. So in Finale Notepad, the repeats won't play back. But when people play arrangements, they usually print them, so as long as it's on the sheet, it's nothing to worry about. But can fix it for you if you want.

I'll look through your submissions after school today.

yes do it because then I have more time for fighting of the spirit virtuoso!! ;D
but why have you uploaded 1 from my arrangers Mega Man 7 Opening stage.
if you want listen to Fighting of the Spirit virtuoso
MIDI