News:

Want to request some new sheets? Head on over here first!

Main Menu

Sekter77's Arrangements (I'm back!)

Started by Sekter77, October 19, 2010, 08:26:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Korados

Super Mario Land 2 music is so wonderful, it brings back good memories. I have no complaints about your arrangements!

Sekter77

Thank you, I'm really honored by your compliment! Hopefully I'll get some more free time over my break next week (college really picked up the last couple of weeks) and get all my arrangements translated and maybe get some new ones in too!
Guitar and video games.

Sekter77

Another double post, sorry. I just need some help with this one though.
How do you delete measures?! The manual didn't help at all unfortunately so I've got two measures dangling off at the end. If anyone could fix it, it'd be really appreciated.

SML 2 - Seashore (Finale version)
MUS
MIDI
Guitar and video games.

Shadoninja

Selection tool -> select the measures you want to delete -> delete key.
"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

Sekter77

Thanks! I don't know why it couldn't get it to work earlier, but it's fixed now. Links should be updated and I've added the MIDI as well.
EDIT:
Here's The Moon now!
MUS
MIDI

EDIT X2 COMBO!:
And the Zone Medley is good to go too!
MUS
MIDI

SUPER EDIT:
ALL arrangements have been updated and converted to Finale. Now it's time to get back on new arrangements!
Guitar and video games.

Sekter77

Brand new arrangement!

{GB} - Star Maze
Noteflight
MUS
MIDI

And all of my previous arrangements have been upgraded and changed over to Finale as well!
Guitar and video games.

Korados

My absolute favourite song from this game, thank you very much! :D But, the bass is always 8vb, isn't it? Wouldn't it be better to use the 8vb bass clef instead of an 8vb line?

Winter

8vb?

is that like 8va but moving it down an octave? I've never heard that before..

The Deku Trombonist

Is the 8vb Bass Clef actually used that often in music? My understanding is that it's a fairly recent invention.

I guess the other thing to consider is that having the 8vb line serves as a constant reminder of the 8vb. It can be easy to miss the little 8 hanging from the clef.

Winter:
8va - Play 1 octave higher than written
15ma - Play 2 octaves higher than written

8vb - Play 1 octave lower than written
15mb - Play 2 octaves lower than written

Korados

Quote from: DekuTrombonist on November 19, 2010, 11:53:49 PMIs the 8vb Bass Clef actually used that often in music? My understanding is that it's a fairly recent invention.

I guess the other thing to consider is that having the 8vb line serves as a constant reminder of the 8vb. It can be easy to miss the little 8 hanging from the clef.

Yeah, you're right with that, Deku. At last, it's just a cosmetic change anyways. I thought of the 8vb bass clef (8vb = ottava bassa, meaning one octave lower - just for having that cleared) because I'm always using it when I'm composing, it's annoying for me to pull that line all over the score, the clef is more convenient. :D

Sekter77

I've never seen the 8vb clef before so I didn't think to use it. I wrote everything in that octave and then decided that it sounded better an octave lower, so I moved em all down. It was kinda annoying dragging that line all across the whole score, but it was a much easier option than moving every note down an octave on the staff. (unless they can all be moved en masse)

But yeah, this song pretty much rocks.
Guitar and video games.

The Deku Trombonist

You can transpose notes en masse by highlight all the measures you want transposed and then go Right Click->Transpose. There you have the option of diatonic & chromatic transposition as well as the option of leaving the original notes there (which has the effect of adding notes underneath instead of moving them).

Korados

Quote from: Sekter77 on November 20, 2010, 09:35:00 AMbut it was a much easier option than moving every note down an octave on the staff. (unless they can all be moved en masse)

You also can highlight the whole staff by taking the selection tool and clicking left to the clef. If the staff is highlighted, press ctrl + 8 to lower the staff an octave or ctrl + 9 to raise it one octave, that's even more convenient, imo. ;D

The Deku Trombonist

Ah, so it is. But I never bothered to learn the keyboard shortcuts  ;)

Sekter77

Here's a new sheet for your perusal.

{GB} Super Mario Land 2
Boss Battle â€" MUS â€" MIDI

I'm probably going to take a break from SML 2 for a couple of songs despite the fact that I'm pretty close to being done with its soundtrack. There's just been some songs that I've really wanted to arrange for a while. But I will finish the whole game soon enough, especially when I get the wealth of time that Christmas Break will provide.
Guitar and video games.