Game Over (Replacement) â€" MUS â€" MIDI
Ghost House (Replacement) â€" MUS â€" MIDI
Title Screen (Replacement) â€" MUS â€" MIDI
Vanilla Dome (Replacement) â€" MUS â€" MIDI
Princess Peach is Rescued (Replacement) â€" MUS â€" MIDI
Overworld (Replacement) â€" MUS â€" MIDI

{Wii} Super Paper Mario
The Ultimate Show â€" MUS â€" MIDI

Any criticism you might have will be greatly appreciated because it'll help me learn how to arrange correctly in the future and improve my skills with articulation and accuracy.
Thanks again for all your help!
Guitar and video games.

Olimar12345

i dont know how we would put this on tha site without finale....

on another note: page 3 measure 6-a scale down and ur gonna use sharps?
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Sekter77

Um, I really don't know much about music theory or correct accidental notation. I'm not a music student or anything. If you can tell me what to change it to I'll try and find some time to correct it. I'll probably tweak it a bit with other small stuff too like proper tempo markings and note durations over the next couple of days.

And sorry about not having Finale. I already bought a guitar tab program a while back before I ever guessed that I'd be arranging anything. So I'm kinda unenthusiastic about buying a new arranging program, but I'll see if I can scrounge up the money to get it by Christmas or something. For now I'll just stuck with what I'm doing so I can get some progress done on the stuff I'm working on. I have no idea how long it'll take me to get anything else done though.  :P
Guitar and video games.

Olimar12345

u can get tha free one of 2008 i believe...
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Sekter77

I couldn't find that, but I did see that there are a lot of versions of Finale that aren't as expensive. If anyone knows the difference between all the different products, I could probably buy one of the cheaper ones.
Guitar and video games.

Shadoninja

"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

Sekter77

Wow. How did I miss that?
I think I could probably make do with Song Writer. But it'll be a while before I'm actually able to download it. If anyone has any personal experience with the different programs and wants to make any recommendations I'd appreciate it. Otherwise, I'll just go ahead with that.

In the meantime, are my arrangements ok right now? I can still get them correct without Finale and then move them over later when I buy the software. This can just be my practice for now until I'm actually ready to submit.
Guitar and video games.

Shadoninja

Notepad is great for getting ideas down and you can expand those ideas more and more the higher you upgrade. however, allegro seems to be stuck in its 2007 edition for whatever reason (GRRRRRRRRRRRR) and printmusic would probably be the better choice if you don't want to go full out with the full finale version.

as for your arrangement,

Tree zone

I believe it starts on the and of 1. what that means is the the first beat is an eighth rest and then it starts. you'd have to remove the first two rests and then shift everything to the left two beats.

the actual tempo is around 135-140. listen to the original and tempo tap using this http://www.all8.com/tools/bpm.htm

about those sixteenthth rests, you could make the eighths a dotted eighth. dotted means you add half the notes value. example: in common time a half note would get 2 beats. Half of that would be 1 and you add that to the value making a dotted half note worth 3 beats.

about sharps going down, it's nice to read parts that go down as flats instead of sharps. also, you would get rid of the unnecessary G natural and the note groupings would have the same distance between them in this case.

I'll comment on the rest when I have time.
"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

Sekter77

Thanks for your help Shadoninja!
I fixed up Tree Zone and went ahead and changed the tempos for the rest of the Zones as well. And I do know about dot notation! But I'd rather you assume ignorance on my part just so you don't leave anything important out that I might not know.

And PrintMusic sounds like it's the winner for Finale as well. I'll see if I can get it around Thanksgiving break.

EDIT: New arrangement! This actually went a lot faster than I thought it would.
{GB} Super Mario Land 2 - Athletic
http://www.noteflight.com/scores/view/02a0188dfff8ea08e01da4611239318aa40e055b
Guitar and video games.

Sekter77

Sorry for the double post, but I don't know how to bump threads if I'm just editing in an arrangement. (or maybe a double post is necessary, I don't know.)

Anyway, here's some more SML 2. Please, if you can, offer some feedback however minor it might be so I can improve on these if necessary.

{GB} Super Mario Land 2 - Seashore
http://www.noteflight.com/scores/view/4c3b08b260819315b2b7276e9a632ffacdb1922d
Guitar and video games.

Olimar12345

the athletic was my favorite song from that game! however, you have some issues with rhythm-
-the "dotted 8th-8th-16th-8th" thing throughout the song is incorrect-i should have it notated as: "dotted 8th-16th tied to 16th-16th-8th". it helps people find the down beat.
-same issue at measure 22, it should be changed to "dotted 8th-16th tied to an 8th-8th" this is everywhere in the melody as well, you should NEVER hide the middle of a measure within a dotted note (a big rule of writing music) try to make it easy to see all of the down beats.

Sekter77

The athletic theme was my favorite too! It's really catchy and upbeat and fun.
I think I fixed up all the rhythms. It really does make it easier to read, so thanks for telling me. I appreciate the help!

EDIT: Oh, look. Here's another one!
{GB} Super Mario Land 2 - Machine
http://www.noteflight.com/scores/view/85d447b1cdce41c27d3593dbd0e33aeb21a46759
Guitar and video games.

Olimar12345

Quote from: olimar12345 on October 23, 2010, 06:19:50 PM-same issue at measure 22, it should be changed to "dotted 8th-16th tied to an 8th-8th" this is everywhere in the melody as well, you should NEVER hide the middle of a measure within a dotted note (a big rule of writing music) try to make it easy to see all of the down beats.

dont forget that this applies for the melody too (ESPECIALLY THA MELODY :P)

Sekter77

Whoops. I definitely didn't play close enough attention to your post. I changed the melody and checked my other songs for the same problem. I believe Seashore was the only other one that needed fixing so I changed it too.

EDIT: New one. I've actually been playing this on guitar for a while. It's pretty simple so I just made it pretty fast on some downtime.
{GB} Super Mario Land 2 - Haunted House
http://www.noteflight.com/scores/view/7e3336213d09b43d191ddd2a2eb5390246908c82

I've just got 3 level themes, a fanfare medley, and boss tunes to go. I've actually really surprised myself with my ability to finish these. I kinda thought I'd get frustrated and quit halfway through. I was especially worried about the Athletic theme (the bass sounded pretty difficult), but I guess it's working out okay! My ears are better than I thought.  :D
But criticism is still definitely welcome (Even if you just want to say there are no mistakes. I don't consider any of these finished until someone gives me an OK on them.)  So thanks to those of you who have already helped!
Guitar and video games.

Sekter77

It's been a while, but here's more Super Mario Land 2.
It's the same theme through the whole game, only this time in spacey waltz form!

{GB} Super Mario Land 2 - The Moon
Enjoy!

I apologize for still not having Finale and know that I won't be able to upload anything, but if I can get these arrangements done now it'll make it easier to convert them over when I do take the time and effort to download it. :P

EDIT: I now have Finale and will be navigating its twisted maze of interface to get all these arrangements ready for submission! (I'll probably have tons of questions about it as I wrangle with the editing tools and complex functionality offered.) I'll do The Moon, Athletic, and Seashore first. Then I'll continue with SML 2 and then start on some other games!
Guitar and video games.