Submissions General Questions, Comments, etc

Started by The Deku Trombonist, October 23, 2010, 05:11:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tobbeh99

Ok so my comment above wasn't that detailed, wrote it down in haste.
Here's a more detailed list of notable consoles that are missing:

Atari:
Atari 2600
Atari 5600
Atari 7600
Atari Jaguar
Atari Lynx

Sony:
Playstation 3
Playstation 4
Playstation Vita

Microsoft:
Xbox One

Sega:
Master System
Sega CD
Sega 32X
Sega Saturn

Other:
TurboGrafx-16/ PC-Engine
Neo Geo
3DO Interactive Multiplayer
Mobile

you could obviously also add these to the request boards as well, and create suitable abbreviations for them. 
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

mikey

unmotivated

braix

It wasn't worth it to buy that game with the deed to my house, a kilogram of pure gold, 40 cattle, and my firstborn son from a street vendor in the middle of South Africa, who promised that his magic beans would change my life forever.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PM
Braixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

TooFarGann

When uploading a submission there ought to be an option for Musescore files (.mscz). I have tried different notation software (Lilypond Musette Notepad ect.) and these pale in comparison to Musescore. Musescore has the not only best interface, but more options and it's free. Notepad (which seems to be the standard here) lacks even basic abilities such as to change time signature, which was extremely frustrating when I was trying to make a piano reduction of "Treasure Sleeping in the Sand". Another plus is that you can upload it to the Musescore website with links and credits to NSM which I think would widen the audience not only for your sheets, but bring more people to the site.

Dudeman

I'm sure there have been countless conversations about preferred notation program among the staff in the past, but NSM has always primarily used Finale and that's how it's going to be for a while. I personally use MuseScore so I agree with everything you're saying, but to switch notation programs at this point would be impractical and would require reskins of every single sheet on the site, not to mention require everyone to use two programs in general.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

TooFarGann

Woah woah woah slow down there! I sign up here a month ago. I think that I would be a little presumptuous to think I was on a crusade trying to convert the format of the entire site. let me rephrase: is adding an additional format (such as .mus .pdf .midi) doable?

Dude

It's doable, but ultimately unnecessary.

I mean finale already covers the scrolling sheet music format pretty well, so it seems overkill to add more.

TooFarGann

Quote from: Dude on April 17, 2016, 06:13:27 PMIt's doable, but ultimately unnecessary.

I mean finale already covers the scrolling sheet music format pretty well, so it seems overkill to add more.
I would respectfully disagree; given the reason I have maintained.

Dude

TooFarGann

That is extremely problematic. If you needs someone to write an entire file for you each time you encounter an obstacle then it seems that Finale most certainly does not cover the scrolling sheet music format at all.

Altissimo

Quote from: TooFarGann on April 17, 2016, 06:28:11 PMThat is extremely problematic. If you needs someone to write an entire file for you each time you encounter an obstacle then it seems that Finale most certainly does not cover the scrolling sheet music format at all.

honestly i agree 100% but nobody here ever wants to listen so i suggest you save your energy

mikey

I mean, we added musx files, so obviously we can add another file in submissions
I just don't know if it would accomplish anything
unmotivated

Olimar12345

Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

TooFarGann

That's truly unfortunate. It's like having a website dedicated to the intricacies of the Microsoft Word program, but only producing plain text files. See ya' around  ;)

Altissimo

i wonder how many potential contributors have been driven away by the finale policies tbh :]