Submissions General Questions, Comments, etc

Started by The Deku Trombonist, October 23, 2010, 05:11:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Deku Trombonist

Submissions General Questions, Comments, etc Thread

This thread is for:
  • All General questions and comments about Updates, Posting Submissions, The Formatting Guidelines and anything else really.
  • If you've got any suggestions, feel free to also post those here.

This thread is Not for:
  • Asking me to look at your submissions. I will get to them when I have time now that I have a properly organised system in place.
  • Talking about your submissions for the next update, just edit your post in the Submisison for Next Update topic.

dahans

Don't know if this the right thread... but how do I add this metronome marking?
Concerning medleys... does every song need it's individual tempo marking?
Check out my arrangements! I mean it! Check them out!

The Deku Trombonist

I think I wrote something about this in a previous thread somwhere.

Yup, found it.
Quote from: DekuTrombonist on October 06, 2010, 02:06:25 PMBtw, You know you can actually create tempo markings that play back correctly as opposed to just text boxes?
In the expressions pop up box, go click on Tempo Markings on the list on the left. Then click the create tempo marking button that has appeared somewhere on the tight side. Then it's pretty self explanatory.
Insert Note, lets you insert a note, the Tempo tab at the top lets you control playback (just tick the one that says to match the text or something like that).

If two successive songs have the same tempo, you don't need to rewrite the tempo for the second song but for every song that has a different tempo to the previous one, then yes it does need an individual tempo marking.

dahans

Alright thanks.

This is just a suggestion: It would be great (at least for me) if there would be a deadline, that way I know when the update will take place.

The Deku Trombonist

I'd like there to be a weekly deadline but for that, I think there needs to be a steady stream of good arrangements. Also, I have end of school exams in 2 weeks so I can't necessarily promise that I will be able to keep to a deadline for the moment.

dahans

The Deku Trombonist

When we get some submissions :P Ideally, I'd like each update to have at least 15 songs (20 would be preferable) but if I end up waiting to long, then I guess it doesn't really matter.

dahans

Another question: I have downloaded finale 2011. Is that a problem? Since most of the members haven't updated their finale readers yet.

Winter

I just downloaded Finale Reader 2011 yesterday, so I won't have a problem, but we could have someone with an earlier version test it for you, I guess.

Ruto

Quote from: dahans on October 24, 2010, 01:44:30 AMDon't know if this the right thread... but how do I add this metronome marking?
Concerning medleys... does every song need it's individual tempo marking?

Here. Allegro should make it easier =__=

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.

The Deku Trombonist

Quote from: dahans on October 29, 2010, 06:00:49 AMAnother question: I have downloaded finale 2011. Is that a problem? Since most of the members haven't updated their finale readers yet.

I can't think why there'd be a problem. Commander6 has already submitted a couple of sheets in Finale 2011.

The Deku Trombonist

Can no-one read? It quite clearly says that you post all questions here or via pm,  NOT IN THE SUBMISSION TOPIC.

Quote from: dahans on November 01, 2010, 03:27:39 AMI think it would be really great if there would be a deadline... Is that possible?^^
As for deadlines, not for the moment. I'm busy with exams and revision up until the 17th of November so I can't guarantee when I'll have time to look through submisisons or to do the update. But I seem to be averaging about 10 or so days between updates. After exams, I'll set a proper deadline.

The Deku Trombonist

Nevermind the previous post, we now have a deadline system.

The Deadline For Submissions Is 10 Days After The Topic Is Made.
(That gives 3 updates a month which seem pretty good to me)

I changed the topic title for the submissions topic to match this.

dahans

Alright! That's a very good idea, Deku! Thanks a bunch!

dahans

Sorry for doubleposting:

The version I currently use is finale (full) 2009. And when I try to create a tempo marking I cannot find the "insert note" button... What shall I do?