Submissions for Next Update - 3 Songs + ∞ Replacements

Started by The Deku Trombonist, October 23, 2010, 05:11:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Deku Trombonist

You may only make one post in this topic with your submissions. Subsequent posts will be deleted. Edit your posts to respond to any comments I may have.

For the next update, you may post  3 songs + ∞ Replacements you think are ready for submission.
So basically, you can submit as many songs as you want, but only 3 new ones.

Please indicate if your submission is a replacement, it makes things much easier.

I HAVE UPDATED THE FORMATTING GUIDELINES. READ THEM HERE AND FOLLOW THEM!

Any extra posts will be deleted.  I will edit your post with rejection reasons, or to tell you it's accepted.  I may accept all or just one or none of your submissions.

So, in a lovely step-by-step process:
1.  Perfect up to 3 songs for submission
2.  Make sure they are formatted PERFECTLY
3.  Post links to the submissions here, mus and midi
4.  Did I mention I want them perfectly formatted?  Repeat steps 2 and 3 if you didn't listen to me
5.  I will review submissions and post acceptance/rejection feedback whenever I can.
6.  When we've got enough, I'll close the thread to any new submissions. (You can still make changes to your existing submissions.)
7.  I'll wait at least 1 day if any modifications ned to be made and then all accepted songs will be uploaded and we'll start this circus again

Got it?  If yes, make your post and submit your songs!  If not, PM me with questions.

Questions I've Received (or made up):
-Do I need to break up a medley? No, it counts as one submission
-Do I have to include copyright and the site URL?  Yes.  The copyright is just <Publisher> © <Year Published> without the <> obviously.  The URL is http://www.ninsheetm.us/
-How do I make a MIDI? Open the MUS in Finale, click File>Save As... and choose MIDI from the dropdown list.
-When can we submit? Now!  Just do it.
-Can I still submit after you've swept-through the posts? Yes.  You can submit up until I post that the thread is closed for submissions.

I will post a list of accepted arrangement under here as they are accepted.
[GBA] Advance Wars - "Eagle's Theme" (Replacement) - Thomas Wilson
[N64] Banjo Kazooie - "Click Clock Wood (Summer)" (Replacement) - The Deku Trombonist
[N64] Banjo Kazooie - "Opening" (Replacement) - The Deku Trombonist
[DSI] Bird & Beans - "Pyoro's Theme 1" (Replacement) - Olimar12345
[XBOX/GC] Ghost Recon - "Anthem" - Thomas Wilson
[SNES] Kirby Superstar  - "Mine Cart Riding" - Shadoninja
[NES] Metroid - "Norfair" (Replacement) - Olimar12345
[GB] Metroid II: Return of Samus - "Ancient Chozo Ruins" (Replacement) - Olimar12345
[GB] Metroid II: Return of Samus - "Title Screen" (Replacement) - Olimar12345
[NDS] New Super Mario Bros. - "Snow Plains - Vs. Mode" (Replacement) - Olimar12345
[GCN] Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door - "Battle Win" - WiiMan96
[GCN] Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door - "Star Piece Find" - WiiMan96
[NDS] Pokemon Diamond/Pearl/Platinum - "Mystery Gift" (Replacement) - Thomas Wilson
[NDS] Pokemon Diamond/Pearl/Platinum - "Poketch Addition" (Replacement) - Thomas Wilson
[NDS] Pokemon Diamond/Pearl/Platinum - "WIFI Lobby" (Replacement) - Thomas Wilson
[GB] Pokemon Red/Blue/Yellow - "Corner Theme" (Replacement) - Thomas Wilson
[GB] Pokemon Yellow - "Opener Theme" (Replacement) - Thomas Wilson
[SNES] Soul Blazer - "Lonely Town" - Shadoninja
[SNES] Soul Blazer - "Southera" - Shadoninja
[SNES] Star Fox - "Course Map Select" (Replacement) - The Deku Trombonist
[SNES] Star Fox - "Space Armada" - The Deku Trombonist
[N64] The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time - "Kotake & Koume's Theme" - Kothund

WiiMan96

Well hey there.  :D

[GCN] Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door - "Battle Win" - WiiMan96

[GCN] Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door - "Star Piece Find" - WiiMan96

Deku:
Battle Win: Oddly enough, the link doesn't work. Nevermind, the link in your thread works so, Accepted.

Star Piece Find: 2 things. First, The crescendo leads up to a dynamic, it doesn't go through it. Also, you can't crescendo through a held note a piano. Second a couple of small wrong notes which I fixed up. The semiquavers should be Bb/G->A/F->Bb/G->B/G (top note/bottom note btw). But I fixed those, so Accepted. Also, once you've moved the staves around, don't forget to unclutter all the text at the top  ;)

The Deku Trombonist

In some effort to boost this update along, and to revive the Fixing the Sheets Project, you can submit as many replacements as you want from now on until we get this place fixed up.

Come on guys, I don't want to have to fix up everything by myself :P

Brassman388

Hahaha, I can give some help. Considering it is my project. Silly me.

Nintendude73

Deku, if you still don't feel comfortable accepting your own arrangements, I'm willing to take a look at whatever you want to submit (including your infinite replacements that I know you have).  Mostly because I know they'll all be nearly flawless.

pumpy_heart

I can't go back and fix any of these. I lost my newer version of finale, so if any of these need horrible fixing, I guess I'll just re enter them.

[XBOX] Halo 2 - "Peril"- Thomas Wilson
[XBOX/GC] Ghost Recon - "Anthem" Thomas Wilson
[PSX] Final Fantasy VII - "Battle Music" Thomas Wilson

Unless the standard has changed dramatically, here's all my replacements, formatted correctly last I checked. Again, if some horrible correction needs to be made, I can't do it at the moment. So I suppose it would just die here.

[GC] Metroid Prime - "Crashed Frigate"
[GB] Pokemon Red/Blue/Yellow - "Corner Theme"
[GB] Pokemon Yellow - "Opener Theme"
[DS] Pokemon Diamond/Pearl - "Dialga/Palkia Appear"
[DS] Pokemon Diamond/Pearl/Platinum - "Azelf, Mespirit, Uxie Battle
[DS] Pokemon Diamond/Pearl/Platinum - "Mystery Gift"
[DS] Pokemon Diamond/Pearl/Platinum - "Poketch Addition
[DS] Pokemon Diamond/Pearl/Platinum - "Sandgem Town - Day"
[DS] Pokemon Diamond/Pearl/Platinum - "WIFI Lobby"
[GB] Pokemon Trading Card Game - "Title Screen"
[GBA] Advance Wars - "Eagle's Theme"
[GBA] Advance Wars 2:Black Hole Rising - "Ending Theme"
[SNES] Earthworm Jim - "Slug for a Butt"
[XBOX] Halo 2 - "Menu Theme"

Me:

Peril: Some bits need to go back to the drawing board.
Anthem: Accepted.
Battle Music: I dunno, it just feels empty. And it's missing some bits at the end.

Crashed Frigate: Some bits missing but seeing as you can't fix it, I'll start an imaginary pile and get to it later :P
Corner Theme: Fixed some small readbility issues, but Accepted.
Opening Theme: Accepted.
Dialga/Palkia Appear: Missing 3/4 of it.
Azelf, Mespirit, Uxie Battle: Some bits missing.
Mystery Gift: For me, this doesn't really resemble the original.
Poketch Addition: I simplified the rhythms a little because of playability issues. Accepted.
Sandgem Town: The right hand feels pretty empty. There are plenty of counter-melodies that can be added in place of long notes.
WIFI Lobby: Right hand is missing bits.
Eagle's Theme: Accepted.
Ending Theme: Missing notes/parts
Slug For a Butt: I'm not really sure what's going on here.
Main Theme: Can't find an original to match

I guess I'll redo Peril sometime.
What is missing from the battle music? I tried to keep it playable and as close to the original as possible.
What is missing from Dialga/Palkia?
Same for Azelf, Uxie, and Mespirit Battle.
I can add to Sandgem Town, just not now.
I can add a lot to Ending Theme, I see.
Wi-Fi Lobby and Mystery Gift are the same song in different keys. What is missing from both?
What do you mean on Slug For a Butt?
I'll try to find the original of the Menu theme. I did most of these fixes a while ago. Most just touched up on formatting, as they sounded accurate.

Me again:
Battle Music: The ending has been cut short. If you count it out and follow the sheet, it's too short. Also, the repeat is in the wrong place. And in places like the beginning, it sounds like the higher parts have been dropped a few octaves and put in the left hand and vice versa.

Azelf, Mespirit, Uxie Battle: The section from Measure 5 up to the first repeat sign should be 9 measure long instead of 6. Between the repeat sign and when the melody starts, there should be 8 measures, not 6. If you want, I can add this to my newly started imaginary pile.

Dialga/Palkia Appear has nearly 3 pages of empty measures and like I said, well over half the song just isn't there.

Yeah alright, Mystery Gift/Wifi Lobby both get the green light. I just added a couple of quavers here & there.

In Slug For a Butt, it just doesn't resemble the original. I can't really explain more than that unless you want me to go into specifics.

master_gamer38

Pumpy, I was going through your stuff, just to go through, and here are my opinions on the songs I quick listened to.

Peril: It doesn't seem right. I feel you captured parts of the song, but not always the melody at times. The drive dies away. It's hard to keep the drive and melody going with so many melodies and countermelodies going at the same time. Iunno, it just doesn't seem right.

With Pokemon Trading Card Game Theme, it's notated kinda oddly. There is a special name for the little turn thinggy at the beginning, so that can be cleaned up. A pickup measure would work well. The rhythms are a bit off in places too.
Avid user of NFNet IRC network.

pumpy_heart

I did my best with Peril. The end kinda looks bad in retrospective, but I thought the melody and drive was caught pretty well in the beginning.
Trading Card Game needs more repair, you're right. I'll take it down. Just can't repair it at the moment.

master_gamer38

Oh I definitely agree at the beginning of Peril you did great. But then Marty went and started layering a lot, and it's so hard to condense to piano.
Avid user of NFNet IRC network.

Shadoninja

[Snes]Kirby Superstar  - Mine Cart Riding [MUS][MID]

[SNES]Soul Blazer - Lonely Town [MUS][MID]

[SNES]Soul Blazer - Southera [MUS][MID]

[N64]Super Mario 64 - Slider (Replacement)[MUS][MID]

Me:
Mine Cart: Nice work, Accepted.

Lonely Town: Nice again. Not a fan of this chamber-style music though :P Accepted.

Southera: Accepted.

Slider: The chords sound a bit off in some places. If you want, I can write out some chord symbols to work with.
"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

Shadoninja

"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

The Deku Trombonist

Woah that was fun! The bits with question marks, well, I think you can guess what they mean :P
Link!
It's in Allegro '07 btw

I wouldn't suggest using all the notes in the chords, just adjusting the current ones to match. Otherwise it can get a but too cluttered, but I guess it kinda depends on the situation.

The Deku Trombonist

I think we'll call submisisons for this update closed. I'll try and get it done tonight or tomorrow morning, in between mad cramming on Stats and Matrices :P

dahans

Ahhhhhhhhh wait please, can I still submit my arrangements? Haven't had the opportunity to fix them :P.
Check out my arrangements! I mean it! Check them out!

fabbemannen

Quote from: DekuTrombonist on October 31, 2010, 01:04:44 AMI think we'll call submisisons for this update closed. I'll try and get it done tonight or tomorrow morning, in between mad cramming on Stats and Matrices :P

Maybe you could close submissions when you get up to a certain number. That way it doesn't vary so much in work for the updaters (inc. you!)