SlowPokemon's Arrangements--NEW Ace Attorney (June 11)

Started by SlowPokemon, November 07, 2010, 02:22:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SlowPokemon

Celadon City Orchestra

It was tons of fun to make, but there are several problems (I mostly made this as a test):

A) I don't know how possible this is to play
B) I don't know why I decided to add a piano solo at the end
C) I don't know why there is a random violin staff amidst everything

Also I do really need a PDF for A Quiet Town ;P
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Jub3r7

Celadon City Orchestrated was pretty cool overall, with the trills fitting nicely with the music.

The number and length of the solos made it sound, well, less of an orchestra.
Other than that, all you need to do is check for ranges and playability, and you're all set!

edit: I think I just had trouble with the fourth and fifth pages. I felt like some instruments were left out a lot, but that was mostly due to the random violin staff. :P

It's dangerous to go alone, take me with you! [JUB has joined the party.]

DrP

Shadoninja

Quote from: SlowPokemon on August 30, 2011, 06:10:13 PMCeladon City Orchestra

It was tons of fun to make, but there are several problems (I mostly made this as a test):

A) I don't know how possible this is to play
B) I don't know why I decided to add a piano solo at the end
C) I don't know why there is a random violin staff amidst everything

Also I do really need a PDF for A Quiet Town ;P

Bassoon measure 3-5 - that's probably extremely difficult for a bassoonist to play.
"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

pumpy_heart

It's high, but any collegiate level player could play the basoon part. We can play up to the E above solid. Sometimes the F#. However, I would suggest swapping to tenor clef there.
It's odd to have the random trumpet. The violin line could be removed by a higher version of finale. If you changed the trumpet part to an oboe line, that would make more sense in the instrumentation. A wind section, piano, and mallets is not too improbable.
Definitely playable for a small ensemble. The absence of other parts doesn't necessarily hurt in this situation. However, it would be nice to hear them all playing besides just the last note.
Also, you could give more instructions with ornamentation throughout the piece. The last note has an accent in the pianoforte line, but no where else. Any experienced player would know to hold out that last note for a quarter note duration even if they had an accent on their parts.
Sounded great and accurate. Good job. :)

SlowPokemon

So guys I arranged a movie song.

I arranged part one of the End Title from Nightmare Before Christmas, could you guys look at it and tell me if it's good or not so much? (That link leads to the whole song but I only arranged the first minute and a half or so, "part 1")

The Nightmare Before Christmas
End Title Part One
MUS
MIDI

SlowPokemon

If you want, it's not necessary though. (Since it can't be accepted to the site) :) It would be nice though.

MassiveMayhem

Quote from: SlowPokemon on September 10, 2011, 07:28:08 PMThe Nightmare Before Christmas
End Title Part One
MUS
MIDI
I LOVE YOU FOR THIS!!!!  I'm currently arranging Corpse Bride Piano Duet. It's going good, but I LOVE THIS ARRANGEMENT
EDIT: Danny Elfman rocks, just saying :P
Arrangement Project? It's a maybe.

SlowPokemon

Danny Elfman's a genius. He's just awesome. He's pretty much my favorite composer actually.

I might make the rest of the song if I feel like it. It was a lot of fun.

Also, I have the official sheet music for the corpse bride piano duet. :D

pumpy_heart

The piece was thoroughly enjoyable. Thanks.
I don't think measure 17-18's second layer are inherently necessary. You could add the A to the 4th beat of measure 18 and still be fine. It would also make that section playable.
The only other odd thing I noticed was in measure 38. You had been using the correct notation of Cx thus far, but in the treble staff, used a D natural.

MassiveMayhem

Quote from: SlowPokemon on September 10, 2011, 08:59:34 PMAlso, I have the official sheet music for the corpse bride piano duet. :D
GIMMIE GIMMIE GIMMIE!!!!!!!

I mean ahem. Could you please spare the sheet music? c:
Arrangement Project? It's a maybe.

SlowPokemon

Quote from: pumpy_heart on September 10, 2011, 09:22:58 PMThe piece was thoroughly enjoyable. Thanks.
I don't think measure 17-18's second layer are inherently necessary. You could add the A to the 4th beat of measure 18 and still be fine. It would also make that section playable.
The only other odd thing I noticed was in measure 38. You had been using the correct notation of Cx thus far, but in the treble staff, used a D natural.

Thanks for the feedback but I think I'll leave it as it is since it can't be submitted to the site--if I want to "adlib" it for myself then I can. :)

Quote from: MassiveMayhem on September 10, 2011, 11:07:09 PMGIMMIE GIMMIE GIMMIE!!!!!!!

I mean ahem. Could you please spare the sheet music? c:

I'll see if I have time to scan it...it requires two players (naturally).

SlowPokemon

I arranged a song I LOVE. I had fun and I really need some opinions... like bad.

[NDS]Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story
Staff Roll
[MUS]
[MIDI]