News:

All Hail President Bowser!

Main Menu

Musical Theater

Started by Maretocks, December 08, 2010, 04:45:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maretocks

Discuss. I s'pose. Anyone else on here aside from Slow and I interested in theater?
<INSERT WITTY SLOGAN>

SlowPokemon

Am I excluded? :)

I'm actually not a theater fanatic, but I am a very big Phantom of the Opera fan. When I get a Flip video camera or something like it (I asked my parents for one for Christmas) I will upload my Phantom piano videos. And brag about them.  8)
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Maretocks

Yes.

Looking forward to them. ^_^ Oh, remember when I said I didn't like Music of the Night a lot? I've been singing it nonstop for the past few days. -.- Damn you Anthony Warlow and your inspirational operatic voice.

Also, Les Mis: I think it's an acquired taste.
<INSERT WITTY SLOGAN>

SlowPokemon

Yeah. Kind of like coffee. And KefkaticFanatic.

Winter

Well I used to play the drumset for musicals.

I enjoyed that.

I tried out for theater a few times, but ended up moving to a different state before it started

Maretocks

Quote from: SlowPokemon on December 08, 2010, 05:55:08 PMYeah. Kind of like coffee. And KefkaticFanatic.
No, and no.

Everybody likes coffee.

Nobody likes Kefka. ;P

Quote from: winterkid09 on December 08, 2010, 05:59:53 PMI tried out for theater a few times, but ended up moving to a different state before it started
What was the production?
<INSERT WITTY SLOGAN>

Winter

Ummm Wow, I don't even remember.

:/ That sucks.

If I remember, I'll tell you.

Maretocks

Haha, awesome. :P

Anyone seen Fiddler on the Roof? I'm gonna audition for Motel in a couple months. THAT is going to be fun.
<INSERT WITTY SLOGAN>

Sekter77

Though I'm not terribly interested in musicals or anything, I did act in a couple back in the high school drama club. I had to sing (and act and dance) for Footloose and Singin' in the Rain. But after Footloose, time and budgets constraints meant we could only do regular plays instead of musicals afterwards... It was a lot of fun actually and another timely event that pushed me to enjoying music as much as I do now.
Guitar and video games.

Winter

The one I played drums for was a parody of fiddler on the roof

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Maretocks on December 09, 2010, 07:02:50 PMNo, and no.

Everybody likes coffee.

Nobody likes Kefka. ;P

Lots of people (like my mom) hate coffee, and most people don't like it the first time they try it. Therefore it is an acquired taste.

No one likes Kefka the first time they meet him (or the second time, and very unlikely they do the third). Hold on, where was I? Oh, right. Maybe you're right about that second one... -_-

Winter

Quote from: SlowPokemon on December 10, 2010, 01:37:54 PMNo one likes Kefka the first time they meet him (or the second time, and very unlikely they do the third). Hold on, where was I? Oh, right. Maybe you're right about that second one... -_-

Right. Right about the second one

Dude

Quote from: You threeomg kefka's a dick omg why is he still here omg gtfo luzr
Am I right?

The Deku Trombonist

Stop flaming KefktaticFanatic. This constitutes rule breaking, so I could hand out warnings but I'm leaving now and don't have the time. So instead, just grow up, get over yourselves and either get back to talking about theatre, or stop posting. Simple.

Winter

So like, no warning for Kefka making a whole page on the Face to the Name topic making fun of me?

That's fair :/

Has anyone ever played in the Orchestra pit for a theater performace?