News:

You just lost the game.

Main Menu

Books

Started by SlowPokemon, December 16, 2010, 09:27:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: Bubbles7689 on February 24, 2013, 10:53:24 AMThe first book was the only moderatly good one. After that it seemed the author didn't know what she wanted to do
The third one felt almost as if it strayed a bit too far from the "purpose" of the first book, and wasn't really AS good (I felt it was still good), but as long as it isn't a complete disgrace to literature (:P), like... some... recent books... it doesn't really matter to me.
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

SlowPokemon

The first one was okay if you're a thirteen year old girl.... Just my opinion
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Bubbles

I feel like she was trying to appeal to all audiences, girls with the "romance" and guys with the merciless killing. But thats if were going to continue with the gender stereotypes

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: Bubbles7689 on February 24, 2013, 12:04:01 PMI feel like she was trying to appeal to all audiences, girls with the "romance" and guys with the merciless killing. But thats if were going to continue with the gender stereotypes
XD

I hate those extreme gender stereotypes.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Toby

First was amazing, second was amazing, start of the third was amazing, middle was boring (I stopped reading for like to months it was so bad) the end was so so so good but the very end like last 4 chapters are just omg, life ruined, horrible ending, story ruined ugh.

Yugi

I have no mouth and I must scream.

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: Yugi on March 19, 2013, 11:47:40 PMI have no mouth and I must scream.
"Sie haben Mäuler und reden nicht."
"They have mouths but don't talk."

Relevant: For some reason, it reminded me of that (except opposite :P)

Also relevant: Over Spring Break (22-29 of March for me), I hope to get further through the Sherlock Holmes Collection.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

SuperFireKirby

*Super bump*

guyz guyz guyz

F. Scott Fitzgerald is freaking amazing. I had read Gatsby in school and some of his short stories in my free time and really liked his style of writing. But I just decided to buy a bunch of his books and am power reading through them. Almost done with his first novel, This Side of Paradise(which is absolutely fantastic), and then it's on to The Beautiful and Damned, which is apparently far superior.

Yay books!

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

MoboMoga

Quote from: SuperFireKirby on October 28, 2013, 09:50:41 PM*Super bump*

guyz guyz guyz

F. Scott Fitzgerald is freaking amazing. I had read Gatsby in school and some of his short stories in my free time and really liked his style of writing. But I just decided to buy a bunch of his books and am power reading through them. Almost done with his first novel, This Side of Paradise(which is absolutely fantastic), and then it's on to The Beautiful and Damned, which is apparently far superior.

Yay books!

The Great Gatsby's conclusion was so original, insightful and delicate: "So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past."

I found it so sophisticated; what a great way to end a fine masterpiece!

SlowPokemon

Waddle Bro

idk ive read about it somewhere

Yugi

Been reading a lot of Stephan King lately, most notably "Cujo" and "Needful Things"

I also read the eighth Diary Of aWkmpy Kid around a month ago.

braix

Haha I actually kinda liked the Eragon series, but I forgot what it was about like every other book I read(am I alone with this fact?). I love anything that's fantasy/science fiction, but historical text just bores me to death. :P
Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PM
Braixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: Yugi on January 28, 2014, 09:39:43 PMStephan King
who is this stephan king and why do his books sound like those of stephen king

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

SlowPokemon

I hated Eragon so much that I never bothered to read the sequels.