What is your worst vacation you ever experienced

Started by sipan1234, January 09, 2011, 09:46:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HugoMeister

Cedar Point was alright. Then again I'm no huge coaster fan.

Quote from: sipan1234bow to the longest child ever

Harvest

Probably going to Quebec with my school.

Awful.  Bullfuck trip.
-

Roz~

Just remembered by watching some pictures that my trip to Ontario was terrible and effin' boring.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on February 13, 2013, 01:16:55 PM
Thanks. For a moment there I was worried, though. I almost needed to blow you.

TalesEXlife

Winter

DrP

Quote from: TalesEXlife on January 10, 2011, 02:21:16 AMmy worst vacation ever was in America

Where'd you go?

Quote from: winterkid09 on January 10, 2011, 09:08:18 AM*nods*

Indiana >.>

Indiana is a hole... nothing there but Notre Dame. It's gonna suck if I have to drive through there in my road trip across the US

SlowPokemon

I've been to Wyoming.

There is NOTHING THERE. LITERALLY. NOTHING.

There are more people in most cities than in the state of Wyoming. >__>
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

sipan1234

dude listen few months ago TalesEXlife was in California he must go to Dead Valley

Cobraroll

Quote from: KefkaticFanatic on January 09, 2011, 06:43:09 PMSix Flags is for squares.  Mofo Fuji-Q High Land.

IT HAS THOMAS LAND

[Also insane coasters]

[nerd]
Fuji-Q is called "Land of the Qs" (Short for Queue) among enthusiasts. Despite having a lot of visitors all year round, all their rides are pretty low-capacity (Fujiyama is a crowd eater at about 2100 pph, but most other coasters go between 800-1100). Also, they close the rides once a slight rain begins to fall, which is does a lot as it's located way up in the mountains.

On the other hand, Eejanaika is currently the largest 4-D coaster in existence, DoDonPa has an almost unrivalled acceleration (0-172 in 1.8 seconds), and the haunted hospital there is the largest walk-through scare attraction in the world. Epic park when nobody's around and the weather is nice (ie never).

Six Flags Great Adventure is a great park, apparently. Magic Mountain went into the "Let's break records, at all costs!" trap. The biggest coasters are mediocre at best, they break down all the time (apparently the 17 coasters the park had at one point were never open all at once). And they have no big non-coaster rides. However, their new, more modestly sized coasters are apparently quite good. That, by the way, goes for most of the Six Flags chain. Build big rides with impressive numbers, loan a lot of money, and act surprised when bankrupcy knocks at your door. For the record, Cedar Point almost went into the same trap, when the "ultimate record machine", Top Thrill Dragster, opened and closed every other day during its two first seasons of operation (after which Six Flags built a bigger version of the same coaster, nicking all its records). However, it appears that the age of records is over, and parks focus more on making thrilling or well-themed rides instead of putting millions into going sky-high.

For the record, Drayton Manor in the UK have a neatly themed Thomas Land too.
[/nerd]
Emergence - a story exclusive to NSM

Yes, I'm still around from time to time. For quicker response, you can reach me by PM, or drop by Smogon to say hi. I go by "Codraroll" there, because of a bet.

sipan1234

Quote from: SlowPokemon on January 09, 2011, 02:14:07 PMSix flags sucks, disney world rules, nuff said.

I didn't know that america has also six flags. but in the Netherlands they call Walibi World instead of six flags

fabbemannen

Winter

Quote from: sipan1234 on January 10, 2011, 12:08:10 PMI didn't know that america has also six flags. but in the Netherlands they call Walibi World instead of six flags

There's a lot. I've been to 3 of our country's 6 flags :p

SuperFireKirby

I love how everyone just goes on as if Cobra never posted that lovely(and informative) reply.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

DrP

Quote from: winterkid09 on January 10, 2011, 04:21:28 PMThere's a lot. I've been to 3 of our country's 6 flags :p

Which ones???

I've been to Great Adventure in New Jersey, Over Texas in Texas, the one in San Francisco and Magic Mountain in Valencia, CA

There's this local place called Knott's Berry Farm. They put on an epic Halloween thing called Knott's Scary Farm... its AMAZING... (and yes, same company as the jam found in supermarkets)

Winter