News:

Want to request some new sheets? Head on over here first!

Main Menu

I NEED HELP BECAUSE I AM IRRITATED.

Started by SlowPokemon, January 28, 2011, 07:17:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SlowPokemon

HEY.

I was arranging a song, and I realized that a section of it I had the right notes for, but I was in the wrong key.

BUT when I switched the key, it moved all the notes to wrong ones... is there a way just to switch the key without changing the notes?

I already tried cutting and pasting when it's in the right key, but that just changes it back... This is really bothering me; I don't want to go figure out everything again... :-\
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Winter

AHHHH I so badly wish I could answer this, but I have the same problem.

Shadoninja

you probably couldn't do it in notepad, but in finale 2011, there's an option to change key while holding notes to original pitches enharmonically or chromatically. if you want I could do that for you.
"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

universe-X

DUDE!!!!! I KNOW EXACTLY HOW YOU FEEL! I was arranging Speed Run from SMG2, but halfway through the sheets, I released I needed it one key lower -__-

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Shadoninja on January 28, 2011, 07:26:49 PMyou probably couldn't do it in notepad, but in finale 2011, there's an option to change key while holding notes to original pitches enharmonically or chromatically. if you want I could do that for you.

I am using Finale 2011, how can I do that?

Winter

Quote from: SlowPokemon on January 28, 2011, 07:31:44 PMI am using Finale 2011, how can I do that?

Brawl voice: CONGRAAAAATUUUUUULATIONS!!!!

Also, glad that worked out

Shadoninja

Key signature tool -> change to appropriate key -> transposition options -> hold notes to original pitch

SlowPokemon

Quote from: winterkid09 on January 28, 2011, 07:35:00 PMBrawl voice: CONGRAAAAATUUUUUULATIONS!!!!

Also, glad that worked out

IT DIDN'T I AM STILL USING THE 30-DAY TRIAL. >=(

Also thanks Shado.

EDIT: Also, is there any way to insert a measure between two others???

Shadoninja

select tool -> insert measure stack on the right-most measure.

fingerz

WHERE IS THIS 30 DAY TRIAL YOU SPEAK OF? :P
Classical / Jazz / Contemporary
Performer / Arranger / Educator
Bb, A, C & Bass Clarinet / Soprano, Alto, Tenor & Baritone Saxophone / Basset Horn

Winter

Quote from: fingerz on February 06, 2011, 09:00:53 PMWHERE IS THIS 30 DAY TRIAL YOU SPEAK OF? :P

Finale 2011

Just click "Try it" on the right.

DrP

Quote from: SlowPokemon on January 28, 2011, 07:17:02 PMHEY.

I was arranging a song, and I realized that a section of it I had the right notes for, but I was in the wrong key.

BUT when I switched the key, it moved all the notes to wrong ones... is there a way just to switch the key without changing the notes?

I already tried cutting and pasting when it's in the right key, but that just changes it back... This is really bothering me; I don't want to go figure out everything again... :-\

What happens is when you change the Key Sig, it transposes it for that key. it really sucks, if you want to keep it the same and all... but really useful when constantly switching between Bb and C instruments!!!

master_gamer38

Quote from: drpamplemousse on February 06, 2011, 09:45:15 PMWhat happens is when you change the Key Sig, it transposes it for that key. it really sucks, if you want to keep it the same and all... but really useful when constantly switching between Bb and C instruments!!!

So does hitting display in concert pitch. Makes it really easy.
Avid user of NFNet IRC network.