News:

We seem to have trapped one of the mods within the forum's code... and we're not sure how to get him out. Oh well, he'll figure it out!

Main Menu

Submissions for Jan. 25 Update - 3 New + ∞ Replacements

Started by The Deku Trombonist, January 15, 2011, 02:04:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Olimar12345

im not an updater, however i could be if we needed one  ;)
i was just helpin' u guys out a bit, thats all.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Olimar12345

as for cool cool mountain, i had an arrangement of that a while back that i'll post soon....
EDIT: here-
[N64]-Super Mario 64-Cool, cool mountain- MUS Midi
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

dahans

Where will you post it? here in the submission thread?
Check out my arrangements! I mean it! Check them out!

Olimar12345

dahans

woah... thanks for replacing mine! thank you very much! IT TOOK ME YEARS TO FINISH IT! AND YOU JUST SAY IT'S "RIDDLED WITH MISTAKES" AND THEN YOU SUBMIT YOURS? OMG... lol this is horrible xD BTW I don't think yours is much better than mine...

and there's something I want to get rid of:
1)  I hate everyone who "corrects" my arrangement
I don't want to boast with anything... but I am pretty good at music and also good at music theory... and I know if an arrangement sounds crappy or not, so tyou better keep their mouth shut
2) it takes me years to finish one arrangement...... and when somebody says "it's riddled with mistakes" I almost explode -.-

If anyone has a problem with that... I DON'T CARE!

Nintendude73

I don't think anyone is trying to insult anyone else by trying to help fix issues with others' sheets.  Believe it or not, dahans, even you can make mistakes.  Anyone here can.  From what I've seen, arranging is a lot like writing a paper.  Hand it off to someone else to proofread and they're bound to see something you didn't.  Listen to them and you improve as an arranger.  Don't listen to them, and well, you'd better have a better reason than "I don't like it when people tell me I'm wrong." :P

SlowPokemon

Quote from: dahans on January 30, 2011, 04:19:34 PMwoah... thanks for replacing mine! thank you very much! IT TOOK ME YEARS TO FINISH IT! AND YOU JUST SAY IT'S "RIDDLED WITH MISTAKES" AND THEN YOU SUBMIT YOURS? OMG... lol this is horrible xD BTW I don't think yours is much better than mine...

I don't want to boast with anything... but I am pretty good at music and also good at music theory... and I know if an arrangement sounds crappy or not, so tyou better keep their mouth shut
2) it takes me years to finish one arrangement...... and when somebody says "it's riddled with mistakes" I almost explode -.-

I understand that you work very hard and that you are brilliant when it comes to music, but this makes you seem somewhat conceited... Please do not get offended, we all know it took you very long to complete this. I honestly didn't think it was that big off a deal (I didn't think it was "riddled with mistakes") but please handle situations more maturely, rather than threatening to leave every time someone criticizes your arrangement. I repeat: please do not get offended, as this site could not function, I truly believe, without you as an arranger.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Ruto

:o

Calm down, maybe at least one person is taking this a bit seriously...

Anyway. Dahans submitted his sheet first while Olimar said he did it was back (but didn't submit). Am I wrong to think that he acted out of emotion instead of just a quality issue? (which I'm not going to comment on btw since I'm not the best judge of that).

Holy crap, I never thought I'd say this to guys....xDDDD

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.

Jub3r7

It's dangerous to go alone, take me with you! [JUB has joined the party.]

Olimar12345

Quote from: dahans on January 30, 2011, 04:19:34 PM1)  I hate everyone who "corrects" my arrangement
i know the feeling all too well ;D dont worry tho, making sheets its a process and nobodys quite perfect. however, try and see it from our eyes-we just want the best piece of sheet music possible for the site, its nothing personal. when i first saw ur arrangement i didnt mean to offend u with the whole "Riddled with mistakes" coment, its just that i had spent so much time with that piece in the past that i couldnt really bring myself to ignore it, but i didnt have enought time at the time to go over everything with u.(for me the smallest detail will bother me until its fixed...ocd i know :P)

you are a fine arranger dahans, but there is room for improvement. keep at it and you'll get there  ;)

WiiMan96

Hmm.

I know I was being an ass, but really I was putting in simple, down-to-earth terms what everyone else has said here. That post I quoted did sound sarcastic given the situation, but I was going to apologise if I had misinterpreted.

However, your last post:-

Quote from: dahans on January 30, 2011, 04:19:34 PMwoah... thanks for replacing mine! thank you very much! IT TOOK ME YEARS TO FINISH IT! AND YOU JUST SAY IT'S "RIDDLED WITH MISTAKES" AND THEN YOU SUBMIT YOURS? OMG... lol this is horrible xD BTW I don't think yours is much better than mine...

Essentially backed up what I said.

As it turns out, I don't care you hate everyone who "corrects" your arrangement. And I think I speak for the majority here when I say that. We're in this for the site and the service it provides, learning from our experiences and from others', and having fun while we're at it.

Yes, I understand your annoyance with all that hard work you put into that arrangement and it hasn't been met with absolute approval as yet. But you've told us on several occasions that you're a saint when it comes to music and its theory, and expectations are high because of it. Arrogance is natural in the music area of things, but I think it's interfering with your objectivity in this case.

The arrangement is a great arrangement musically and was incorporated into two staves well, but like all arrangements it has its technical flaws and a few other mistakes here and there. I would appreciate it if you accepted that and did what was necessary to fix it. I'll even offer to lend a hand as well. However, I don't agree with having a replacement for it submitted in the same submissions thread when Deku hasn't even looked at them yet. That's cruel, but understandable given Olimar essentially offered to help and was completely ignored.

You're a talented arranger, dahans. But it doesn't make you invincible.

dahans

I think we should change the topic... this is the submission thread xD.

Anyway... first of all... sorry... I really had a bad day yesterday... arguement with my parents... I forgot to do my homework and I had to do it all in one single day o.O Sorry for all the irrational and stupid/nonsense things I said...

WiiMan96

And I'm sorry for being abrupt before. You could see where I'm coming from though. :P I have nothing against you as a person, but your stubbornness really annoyed me. Hope everything works out for you. Would you like me to take a look at your cool cool mountain arrangement? I can either fix it up and send it back to you or make a list of what I think is a problem. Up to you.

Anywho... Good work everybody. NOTHING TO SEE HERE BACK TO YOUR STATIONS

Olimar12345

ok, i fixed up my shitty version so it doesnt suck anymore :J
[N64]-Super Mario 64-Cool, cool mountain- MUS Midi

The Deku Trombonist

Lolz, I had just finished going through and finished correcting my own version of Cool Cool Mountain that I did nearly a year and a half ago which everyone forgot existed and I was going to throw that in this week. Maybe not.

But seriously, you all need to shut up and get over yourselves. No-one is perfect and we all make mistakes. I'd lock this piece of crap but then people can't respond to any comments I may/may not have.

Submissions closed for this update. Sorry, I haven't got through them all yet, I was hardly home on Saturday and not home at all on Sunday. I've got a couple of hours now so I'll try to go through what I can.