News:

You just lost the game.

Main Menu

TWG XIV: HOST SIGNUPS V. 2.0

Started by Nakah, February 08, 2011, 08:58:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nakah

Alright post your ideas for this game since AskAlice isn't able to get to a computer and host his game in the present moment.

Super Zombie

Okay, so everyone's in a forest, right? Camping and drinking and intercoursing and whatnot like in '80s horror movies. And then out from nowhere Obama comes down on a jetpack and enlists our help in fighting off Cthulhu. You'd think the wolves would be cultists like in the TWG variation "Do You Worhship Cthulhu?", but they're really giant panda bears with lasers for fingers. So then Penn & Teller show up and they fight because they can do magic, making them the blue players like seer, etc. So we all get into a conestoga wagon and head down to R'lyeh where we have to make sure Cthulhu doesn't awaken, while battling the laser-digit-panda-bears.

So what do you think?

SlowPokemon

#2
I still want to do this. :P

TWG XIV: Perils of Saffron
It is present day, in Kanto (Saffron City). Pokemon Trainers everywhere live in fear. Team Rocket has made the biggest, scariest, and gravest comeback in history. Even worse, Team Rocket has infiltrated Saffron City in the hopes of stealing Pokemon and then murdering the Pokemons' Trainers. There are Team Rocket members living in the town, but none of the Pokemon Trainers know who to trust and who to report as they look just like an average Pokemon Trainer. Trainers are GREEN, Rockets are RED.

There is also a Copycat Girl who likes to mimic people, and discovers a lot about a person by doing so, even discovering the person's color--however, this can only be done on the night phase. But Giovanni, the Team Rocket Leader, is known to be living in Saffron City. Giovanni is seer'd green even though he's a Rocket.

There is also the owner of Silph Co. (aka the mayor of Saffron) who looks out for the town in times of need and can protect one player per night from being killed by Team Rocket.

Giovanni (Master Wolf)
Rocket (Wolf)
Rocket

Copycat (Seer)
Mayor (Guardian)

Trainer (Human)
Trainer
Trainer
Trainer
Trainer


It's really plain, but I feel like playing an old-fashioned TWG, where the roles are fairly simple. Or hosting one. ;)
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Nakah


Jub3r7

Quote from: Super Zombie on February 08, 2011, 11:48:54 PMOkay, so everyone's in a forest, right? Camping and drinking and intercoursing and whatnot like in '80s horror movies. And then out from nowhere Obama comes down on a jetpack and enlists our help in fighting off Cthulhu. You'd think the wolves would be cultists like in the TWG variation "Do You Worhship Cthulhu?", but they're really giant panda bears with lasers for fingers. So then Penn & Teller show up and they fight because they can do magic, making them the blue players like seer, etc. So we all get into a conestoga wagon and head down to R'lyeh where we have to make sure Cthulhu doesn't awaken, while battling the laser-digit-panda-bears.

So what do you think?
Bahaha, that's great.
Quote from: SlowPokemon on February 09, 2011, 03:39:27 AMI still want to do this. :P

TWG XIV: Perils of Saffron
It is present day, in Kanto (Saffron City). Pokemon Trainers everywhere live in fear. Team Rocket has made the biggest, scariest, and gravest comeback in history. Even worse, Team Rocket has infiltrated Saffron City in the hopes of stealing Pokemon and then murdering the Pokemons' Trainers. There are Team Rocket members living in the town, but none of the Pokemon Trainers know who to trust and who to report as they look just like an average Pokemon Trainer. Trainers are GREEN, Rockets are RED.

There is also a Copycat Girl who likes to mimic people, and discovers a lot about a person by doing so, even discovering the person's color--however, this can only be done on the night phase. But Giovanni, the Team Rocket Leader, is known to be living in Saffron City. Giovanni is seer'd green even though he's a Rocket.

There is also the owner of Silph Co. (aka the mayor of Saffron) who looks out for the town in times of need and can protect one player per night from being killed by Team Rocket.

Giovanni (Master Wolf)
Rocket (Wolf)
Rocket

Gym Leader (Seer)
Copycat (Guardian)

Trainer (Human)
Trainer
Trainer
Trainer
Trainer


It's really plain, but I feel like playing an old-fashioned TWG, where the roles are fairly simple. Or hosting one. ;)
Hmm....
It's dangerous to go alone, take me with you! [JUB has joined the party.]

Winter

#5
Oracle of Secrets

We all know there was a PLANNED third Oracle series game with the title Oracle of Secrets, now I took this Idea to it's LITERAL meaning. In other words every player is hidden secretly, described in the following. If Zelda games were a TWG, it would be like this.

In the Oracle of Secrets, the Great Maku Tree decides that instead of using violence and bloodshed to save the land of Hyrule (Yes the game was planned to take place in Hyrule) the Maku Tree used the power of the rings that the Vasu Jeweler keeps to transform each of the characters into assortments of Octoroks, Moblins, Like-Likes, and more. Without the ability to tell who is who the characters are forced to use logic to figure out who's who. Because most of the characters know that almost all are enemies, they are completely aware of the problem of randomly killing, as most of them are used to. There are exceptions, certain characters naturally know each other well and will be aware of each other's appearance. When a decision is made on who is to be killed, the players will run it by the Maku Tree. It will allow any decision to be carried out, but on the Maku Tree's clock, not theirs. And of course, the devious Ganon, Onox and Veran will have their own plans as far as the killing goes. These baddies will go behind the Maku Tree's back as they have their own devious plot.

Ganon (Intuitive Wolf) Can seer any player at the beginning of the night phase.
Onox (Vengeance Wolf) Will take down ANY other player when lynched
Veran (Camouflage Wolf) (Seered Green)
Koume (Sorceress of Fire) (Seered Red)
Kotake (Sorceress of Ice)  (Seered Blue)
If both partners are alive when either the wolf team or human team is eliminated, then the third team automatically wins the game
Farore (Psychic) (Human) Will be PM'd with the number of wolves left
Din (Guardian) (Human) Guards one player per night (not him/herself)
Nayru (Seer) (Human) Can seer a player at the beginning of the day phase.
Link (Human)
Ralph (Human)
Link and Ralph are aware that each other are both human from the role PM.
Vasu (Human)
Impa (Human)

Super Zombie

Both of those sound very anime to me, to which I say "ugh."

I like Nakah's thinking though. I'm nostalgic for the early TWGs in which we were in a forest.

And you know what movie would translate amazingly well into a TWG? John Carpenter's The Thing. Everyone is trying to figure out who's actually an alien replica and who's human. It would be perfect.

SuperFireKirby


Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

DrP


Winter


Jub3r7

I vote JOHN EGBERT. *cough* *read it* *cough*
It's dangerous to go alone, take me with you! [JUB has joined the party.]

Winter


SlowPokemon

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Winter


Dude