[Wii] Donkey Kong Country Returns - "Rocket Barrel"

Started by Dekudude, February 10, 2011, 05:44:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dekudude

Hm. I think it sounds a little better with them down an octave, but I still think that part could be worked on a little bit. Not quite sure how, though. This really is awesome, though. You are doing fantastic. You should be proud of this one. :)

Bloop

Dekudude

Measures 61, 63, 65, et alii. They're tricky, haha.  Maybe you could try using less notes in the chords there?

Bloop

I think we must begin at the last notes of this song. Anyone ideas?

Dekudude

That sounds a lot better, good job!

I'd love to contribute, and help with these last notes, but I don't have Finale. If it helps, it sounds like a lot of the notes/chords are taken from the parts that you just fixed. (like, the measures immediately after the measures you changed, and so on)

Bloop

Drawing, Finale notepad, don't matter. AS LONG I GET NOTES XD

spitllama

I'm kind of a noobie so excuse me for this, but on measure 9 (and all the others like it), the fourth right hand chord sounds a bit off. I think instead of B flat, D flat, and G, it could be changed to B flat, E flat, and G flat. Just a thought.
Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012

Bloop

Quote from: spitllama on May 05, 2011, 03:59:34 PMI'm kind of a noobie so excuse me for this, but on measure 9 (and all the others like it), the fourth right hand chord sounds a bit off. I think instead of B flat, D flat, and G, it could be changed to B flat, E flat, and G flat. Just a thought.
I like it more with Bb, Db and Gb (look at the key signature, B's, E's, A's, D's and G's are flats.)

Shadoninja

Quote from: Bloop on April 22, 2011, 10:57:41 PMI think we must begin at the last notes of this song. Anyone ideas?

at bar 38 the left hand plays a C major chord, not a C augmented in first inversion.
bar 43, there's clashing Fs in both hands.

Quote from: spitllama on May 05, 2011, 03:59:34 PMI'm kind of a noobie so excuse me for this, but on measure 9 (and all the others like it), the fourth right hand chord sounds a bit off. I think instead of B flat, D flat, and G, it could be changed to B flat, E flat, and G flat. Just a thought.
the Bb Db and Gb are correct
"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

spitllama

QuoteI like it more with Bb, Db and Gb (look at the key signature, B's, E's, A's, D's and G's are flats.)
Ah. My bad. Missed the G flat. Well then it is very good  :P
Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012

Bloop

In bar 21-24 there are playing D's and E's in both hands. It's just so.

DonValentino

Sorry for the bump, but... Was this arrangement ever finished? I listened to this song this morning and said: "Hey! Wasn´t on NSM Forums a request with this song?" So I checked, but I couldn´t find the finished version anywhere!  :o

Bloop

No, but I didn't forget it. I had just a few little changes to it, but I didn't took the time to find the notes of the last part.

DonValentino

Oh! OK, then.  :D
Glad to see this wasn´t abandoned, this is a great song!

Bloop

...However, it looks a bit abandoned actually. I tried a few times finding out the notes, but I can't. I REALLY CAN'T BOOHOOHOO :'(. I made some other changes as well, so yep.

[MUS] with changes.