News:

oh god how did this get here I am not good with computer

Main Menu

BobbyTheCat's Arrangements

Started by BobbyTheCat, February 13, 2011, 10:23:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BobbyTheCat

Sort of. What I'm doing is a work in progress, I still need to get used to Songwriter

This far from incomplete, but here's what I got so far:

Jungle Japes (Donkey Kong 64): MUS

All creative criticism is accepted

Signatureâ,,¢

I love ETFROXX.

DonValentino

Hi, and welcome!  ;D

Is this your first arrangement? It´s very nice!  :)
BUT... I think that the left hand would sound better an octave higher, it sounds too low for me.
Anyways, good job! Looking forward to see more of your arrangements!  :)

Jub3r7

Wow, that's some nice rhythm. (Coming from a guy who only uploads PDF's.)

But like wario said, the left hand is a little bit low.
It's dangerous to go alone, take me with you! [JUB has joined the party.]

Sekter77

I think readability might be a bit of a problem here. Seeing the triplet symbol every time can be a bit tiresome so it might be easier to write the whole thing in swing time or use a 12/8 (or 6/8) time signature. And the notes in the treble clef could use an 8vb line when they dip into the bass clef (like in Measures 31 and 55). That would help the piece be much easier to figure out from a visual standpoint.

Also don't forget to make sure your piece follows the formatting guidelines when you finish it. The consistency really helps the site be more cohesive and it just makes the sheet looks nicer in my opinion. A little clean-up really goes a long way.

But over all, I don't really hear any accuracy mistakes so you're doing a really good job so far! DK64 really could use some more decent arrangements since it's got some really impressive and nostalgic songs for me.
Guitar and video games.

Korados

That song might be one of Kirkhope's opus magni, it's always used in DK games. If you raise the left hand an octave, the song becomes to sound hollow for some reason, like something is missing. Further, I think the key is wrong, isn't it?

BobbyTheCat

Quote from: WarioMan98 on February 14, 2011, 12:26:46 PMHi, and welcome!  ;D

Is this your first arrangement? It´s very nice!  :)
BUT... I think that the left hand would sound better an octave higher, it sounds too low for me.
Anyways, good job! Looking forward to see more of your arrangements!  :)
Thanks! Yeah, I admit it does sound pretty low. However, that's the key it is played in in the orginal:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W928muwER5E

But since this arrangement is for piano I'll see what I can do.
Quote from: Jub3r7 on February 14, 2011, 01:12:22 PMWow, that's some nice rhythm. (Coming from a guy who only uploads PDF's.)

But like wario said, the left hand is a little bit low.
Thanks, I'll see what I can do about that.
Quote from: Sekter77 on February 14, 2011, 02:40:12 PMI think readability might be a bit of a problem here. Seeing the triplet symbol every time can be a bit tiresome so it might be easier to write the whole thing in swing time or use a 12/8 (or 6/8) time signature. And the notes in the treble clef could use an 8vb line when they dip into the bass clef (like in Measures 31 and 55). That would help the piece be much easier to figure out from a visual standpoint.
QuoteActually I also got some advice from the Deku Trombonist to try the swing time. I'll try both and see which one looks and feels better. As for the 8vb line, I'll do that. It's a bit low to read with ease
Also don't forget to make sure your piece follows the formatting guidelines when you finish it. The consistency really helps the site be more cohesive and it just makes the sheet looks nicer in my opinion. A little clean-up really goes a long way.
QuoteOh I know, just uploading what I have so far, I'll clean it up in the end.
But over all, I don't really hear any accuracy mistakes so you're doing a really good job so far! DK64 really could use some more decent arrangements since it's got some really impressive and nostalgic songs for me.
Thanks for the encouragement, I'll continue working on it.
Quote from: Korados on February 15, 2011, 09:12:32 AMThat song might be one of Kirkhope's opus magni, it's always used in DK games. If you raise the left hand an octave, the song becomes to sound hollow for some reason, like something is missing. Further, I think the key is wrong, isn't it?
I don't know about the hollowness, but I'm sure Jungle Japes is in the key of A minor
Signatureâ,,¢

I love ETFROXX.

Winter

I think he means that it could go up an octave, not a key change

BobbyTheCat

Signatureâ,,¢

I love ETFROXX.

BobbyTheCat

Excuse the bump and double post. I have a question.

http://www.mediafire.com/?hm2gtp7b2n9pt0j

I started changing the left hand, but then this weird thing started happening. You'll see. Anyone know how to fix this? It's not deleting.
Signatureâ,,¢

I love ETFROXX.

The Deku Trombonist

Grab the input tool and select a note, let's say, in Measure 14. Use the left arrow key to cycle back through the notes and press Delete as the dodgy ones are highlighted. Just keep going and you'll get through them all eventually.

fingerz

Ah, I really like this song! I can't wait to hear it when it's finished! :D
Classical / Jazz / Contemporary
Performer / Arranger / Educator
Bb, A, C & Bass Clarinet / Soprano, Alto, Tenor & Baritone Saxophone / Basset Horn