change da world
my final message. Goodb ye

Main Menu

Perfect Pitch

Started by Psychic_Ness, February 25, 2011, 04:33:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Psychic_Ness

Who has it?

I'm pretty sure I made a topic like this in the old forums but you guys are new so I wouldn't know.

If I'm not mistaken... Co.20 and Dekutrombonist possess this ability.

Ruto

Interesting thought. xD

I'm certain that my dad has it since he can name notes of random things like ring tones. But neither Saria or I have enough musical training to confirm it for ourselves :D

Specifically, I'm curious about about our fellow NSM AZNs...

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.

Shadoninja

Quote from: Ruto on February 25, 2011, 09:16:51 AMSpecifically, I'm curious about about our fellow NSM AZNs...
I only have relative pitch. If I hear a note I sing it and relate it to a song I know the first note to.
"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

Jub3r7

I used to be perfect pitch, but I haven't tested it for years... brb.

Edit: NOOO. Maybe I'll get it back, eventually....
It's dangerous to go alone, take me with you! [JUB has joined the party.]

The Deku Trombonist

Do I have Perfect Pitch? Nope.

WiiMan96

If I try hard enough I can recognise a D. That's about it. Nothing relative, perfect or relatively perfect in there. :P

dahans

Do I have a perfect pitch? I am not AZN==> NO! Just kidding^^. I don't think that I have a perfect pitch... when I listen really carefully to a piece I can tell you the key of the piece^^. But I suck at naming notes. :)
Check out my arrangements! I mean it! Check them out!

GaryOak

Don't have perfect pitch. I can relate most of the notes to certain song beginnings but I can't relate them all. I just tried this and I can relate all the others except D, G, C# and G#.
In Finnish hunting culture it is common for hunters to shoot everything that moves, sometimes even themselves.

Quote from: Saria
I love you. <3
Quote from: Bubbles
I love you
Quote from: Waddle Bro
<3 u2 Gary

Offkey

I can recognize a middle C... usually. Might go and attempt to train it a bit.
The flow of time is always cruel... its speed seems different for each person, but no one can change it... A thing that does not change with time is a memory of younger days...

Youtube channel.
Video's coming soon(ish).

Roz~

Quote from: MaestroUGC on February 13, 2013, 01:16:55 PM
Thanks. For a moment there I was worried, though. I almost needed to blow you.

Winter

I can always recognize an F and an A Flat nothing else :P

Dude

Shockingly, I think I have perfect pitch.

Shocking, isn't it?

universe-X

It depends on what you mean. For me I think I have perfect pitch in 2 cases.

1) Well, yeah, I can hear out notes... sometimes :P Like I tried ear-ing out a song one random day in orchestra, and I hit the first note (C) right on the spot and just progressed from there. Other times, I have to use relative pitch.

2) When I have to tune my cello, I get easily annoyed xP I have to tune my strings to my "perfect" A, D, G, C, and if a violin asks me to, an E. :P Not a semitone higher or lower.

DrP

I kinda do. I have to tune a bunch of shit on most of the instruments I play. I do can recognize and tune w/o a tuner with: Bb, A, Eb, F and C. The rest I can do relative to those.

Psychic_Ness

I think it's a pretty nice skill to have and especially useful if writing music. Wow I've been out of it so long I don't remember what the word is for writing down music you hear. Transcribing?