News:

Debate topic for next Tuesday: Are cannons truly valid instruments for an orchestra? Or should they be replaced with something safer, like Tesla coils?

Main Menu

Made mah day.

Started by ETFROXX, April 14, 2011, 01:54:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SlowPokemon

You're a musician, have you ever poured your heart and tons of time and effort into a composition? I think you know the artists typically deserve your money....
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

universe-X

Yes, but I've spent more time in my performances. I'm only a musician as far as interpreting and showing people my take on songs, i.e. performing, whether it be playing or remixing a song physically or digitally.

And yeah, they deserve my money but again, if I find it for free, it's just easier access and cheaper that way for me. I'm not passing that up.

As of now, the only artist that has received my money is Marc-Andre Hamelin and I don't regret paying for his performances whatsoever, in fact, I'm glad I was able to. However, if I had found all of his performances for free, those songs would be mine.

Same goes with emulators&ROMS and restaurants that leave their soda machines at easy access.

KefkaticFanatic

The problem is that society has trained some people to disregard the value of something because it's easy to acquire illegally for free.  Once proper punishments and further protection is in place we'll see such actions disappear.  And lots more kids getting lawyer letters.  Sucks to their assmar I say.

me irl
[close]

SlowPokemon

This mom with two little boys came into the restaurant tonight. One of the boys had a Pokemon card binder, and in the front cover was a supersized Gastly card. I said, "Hey," while azn coworker rang her up, "that isn't Gastly on the cover, is it?" And the boy's like :O and the mom was like "Wow, he knows who Gastly is!" and the kid started talking to me about Pokemon and showing me his cards while they waited for the pizza.

That alone mmd, but something else about the whole situation mmd as well--all of his cards were from the BW sets (they had older Pokemon, but they were from the new sets). This makes me happy because it reminds me of when I was little, getting the Ruby and Sapphire series cards and loving them to death and doing that with my brother. It just showed me that Pokemon will continue to captivate little kids with every new game--and think about it, it's going to shape their childhood just like it shaped ours. While we look back on Red and Blue, Gold and Silver, or Ruby and Sapphire as nostalgic; when those kids are sixteen they'll be talking about how awesome Black and White were and remembering their first Pokemon as Tepig or whatever. It really touched me for some reason.

Now I understand why my older cousin gave us his Blue and Red versions--he probably saw how the newer games were affecting us and hoped that Red and Blue would give us the same memories he had.

spitllama

Kefka got a new avatar. Finally.
Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012

Ruto

Quote from: SlowPokemon on August 03, 2012, 06:43:24 PMNow I understand why my older cousin gave us his Blue and Red versions--he probably saw how the newer games were affecting us and hoped that Red and Blue would give us the same memories he had.

Saria found Pokemon Yellow lying around and she really liked it, even though the graphics there were sub par compared to what she'd find in the newer games. As for me, there was never a cuter Pikachu^^

I hope the games last long enough for me to give to some younger kids too :D

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.

Nebbles

The older games should continue to last as long as you replace the internal battery, I believe :D
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

Ruto

That's great news!^^ Now I have to make sure I have a working console as well.

[12:04:49 AM] Nick Morello: also
[12:04:49 AM] Nick Morello: http://www.ninsheetm.us/smf/index.php?topic=4716.0
[12:04:50 AM] Nick Morello: :)
[12:06:07 AM] Ruto: lol couldn't you ban him
[12:06:15 AM] Ruto: OH YOU DID
[12:06:19 AM] Ruto: how nice of you
[12:06:22 AM] Ruto: leave the thread up
[12:06:30 AM] Ruto: hahah you have the honor of banning him
[12:06:35 AM | Edited 12:06:40 AM] Ruto: better hang that on the wall
[12:06:40 AM] Nick Morello: :D
[12:06:53 AM] Ruto: :D

Nobody insults nuts and gets away with it >:(

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.

SuperFireKirby

Went to a coffee shop downtown last night. It was, as I could tell, mostly populated by hippies and hipsters. We were there for open mic night because it sounded fun. The music was subpar, except for when the owner went up there told some random hipster kid to play, like, 3 chords and then started singing Man In the Mirror. That was fantastic. Also, had a coffee drink called "A Punch In the Face". 4 shots of espresso, water, and ice. It tasted terrible but I managed to down the whole thing and was wired the rest of the night. Craziness ensued.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

FSM-Reapr

Quote from: FSM-Reapr on July 31, 2012, 08:03:42 AMI'm going to be a godfather!

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D ;D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D 8) :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

It's going to be a girl! Oh well, I'm still giving that beer mug to her anyway.

blueflower999

Bulbear! Blueflower999

spitllama

Best comment of that video-

You Galapagos tapeworm! What sort of heretic are you sir? This sort of buffoonery is what I should expect from what i presume is a troglodyte! Show some class or better yet some respect! What are you a Saskatoonian?
Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012

FSM-Reapr

^ lol I saw that too ;D

Saria

Quote from: SlowPokemon on August 03, 2012, 06:43:24 PMNow I understand why my older cousin gave us his Blue and Red versions--he probably saw how the newer games were affecting us and hoped that Red and Blue would give us the same memories he had.
Does this brings back memories? :D
Quote from: Slow
SARIABALL
Quote from: manio
I love taking wiener schnitzel in my mouth
Quote from: Kefka
cooperating anal
Quote from: ZeldaFanmy dream is to get a quote in someone's sig someday

SlowPokemon