Previous topic - Next topic

Bubbles

That would put us all out of buisiness D:

...but it would be pretty awesome

spitllama

Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012

Bespinben

Quote from: spitllama on September 15, 2012, 01:45:12 PMAnyhow, all three of them are devoting the next two years to creating a program that can automatically transcribe mp3s to sheet music. I'm not going to get my hopes up, since it's a pretty big project, but they are some serious tech pros.

Quote from: Bubbles7689 on September 15, 2012, 01:46:38 PMThat would put us all out of buisiness D:

Well, it wouldn't put us out of business really. If the program works, it would be essentially be a MIDI creator, identifying all the original instruments and transcribing the notes that belong to their respective parts. That still leaves room for us to do the arranging part of the job, that is, finding a way to effectively incorporate the parts from the song to fit into 2-hands on a piano.
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

SlowPokemon

You might have a job in film scoring if you're not good at composing :P most film composers have a few understudies who arrange their themes for orchestra
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

MaestroUGC

I don't think I could trust somebody else to orchestrate my music, not unless I gave them very detailed and specific instructions, at which point I might as well do it myself.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Pit0010

hehehehe....i found a golden leaf crown headband =3
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on January 15, 2015, 07:20:41 PM
AUSSI
"Sorry to keep you waiting!'
~Pit, Kid Icarus Uprising ♥

Me youtube channel!: http://www.youtube.com/user/Pit0030

Ruto

Yay I don't feel totally lost in my physical chemistry class...the first exam's in 2 weeks though -.-

Quote from: Pit0010 on September 16, 2012, 12:29:55 AMhehehehe....i found a golden leaf crown headband =3

Pics I'm curious :o

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: Bubbles7689 on September 15, 2012, 01:46:38 PMThat would put us all out of buisiness D:

...but it would be pretty awesome

It would be awesome; many songs in... certain games (coughHoMMIIIcough) don't have MIDI versions; MP3 to sheet music would open up a whole new possibility for us who aren't too good at identifying notes purely by sound (coughMe90percentofthetimecough).
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Zunawe

Finally went and got my permit today. I missed two questions on the test because apparently "Everybody should be wearing a seatbelt at all times." isn't the correct answer when asked what some seatbelt law says. Anyway.
You know you've been playing too much Dragon Quest when you're afraid your Hershey's Kisses are going to flee.

I program things

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: Zunawe on September 17, 2012, 06:04:25 PMFinally went and got my permit today. I missed two questions on the test because apparently "Everybody should be wearing a seatbelt at all times." isn't the correct answer when asked what some seatbelt law says. Anyway.
Wait... they DON'T want you to wear seatbelts at all times? ???
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Pit0010

Quote from: Ruto on September 17, 2012, 02:45:45 PMYay I don't feel totally lost in my physical chemistry class...the first exam's in 2 weeks though -.-

Pics I'm curious :o

tada! :P
AUSSI

Ruto

O__O

I would wear that XD

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.

Pit0010

hi-five!! xD

I wore it in my concert XD
AUSSI

Zunawe

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on September 17, 2012, 06:51:02 PMWait... they DON'T want you to wear seatbelts at all times? ???
I never took the class, so I don't have exact details as to why the answer was what it was, but it was something like:

What does this seatbelt law mean?
a. All passengers in the front seat must be wearing a seatbelt at all times, and any child must be in restraints in any seat.
b. All passengers must wear a seatbelt at all times.
c. other stuff
d. moar stuff

And a was the correct answer. I don't know, and I don't really care. I passed.
You know you've been playing too much Dragon Quest when you're afraid your Hershey's Kisses are going to flee.

I program things