News:

It's not Opposite Day.

Main Menu

Made mah day.

Started by ETFROXX, April 14, 2011, 01:54:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roz~

I'm thinking of getting either an Iphone or a Samsung Galaxy. Not sure which one I should buy yet.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on February 13, 2013, 01:16:55 PM
Thanks. For a moment there I was worried, though. I almost needed to blow you.

Ruto

I would probably pick the lesser of two evils XD

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.

SuperFireKirby

Quote from: Roz~ on September 27, 2012, 05:44:01 AMI'm thinking of getting either an Iphone or a Samsung Galaxy. Not sure which one I should buy yet.
I'd get the Galaxy, personally. But that's because I like Android a lot more than iOS.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

fabbemannen

Quote from: SuperFireKirby on September 27, 2012, 06:41:34 AMI'd get the Galaxy, personally. But that's because I like Android a lot more than iOS.
^
The iPhone's got the most annoyingly complicated way of solving stuff. "Smart"phones in general got way too much focus on the entertainment and useless-department that they forgot basic functions. That's why I still use my Nokia Xpressmusic which is half-broken (some buttons have stopped working completely), while I use my Xperia Ray for emulating and internet

SuperFireKirby

<3 Nokia. Simplicity and indestructibility in one small package.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

FSM-Reapr

I have the same Nokia I bought 2 years ago. I bought it because I like to support our country brands. :)

Zunawe

Lol. Nokia. You could drop a nuclear bomb over one of those and it would be fine.

I have to agree with SFK about iPhones, and even just Apple in general. They're great with MP3 players and such, but everything is set up so that, if it works, it's great, but it's impossible to fix if it doesn't do what you want. I find it impossible to navigate an iOS, and not just because I'm not used to it.
You know you've been playing too much Dragon Quest when you're afraid your Hershey's Kisses are going to flee.

I program things

Roz~

Yeah my friend has an Iphone and I didn't like it too much. My brother has a Galaxy, so I'll just check it out and see if I like it.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on February 13, 2013, 01:16:55 PM
Thanks. For a moment there I was worried, though. I almost needed to blow you.

Jub3r7

Nokia's don't actually create craters in the Earth when you throw them at the ground, but according to my dad, his old Nokia was run over by a car three times and it still worked fine.
It's dangerous to go alone, take me with you! [JUB has joined the party.]

Greg

...How would you get your phone run over three times by a car to begin with. :S

SuperFireKirby

Quote from: Jub3r7 on September 27, 2012, 08:53:59 PMNokia's don't actually create craters in the Earth when you throw them at the ground, but according to my dad, his old Nokia was run over by a car three times and it still worked fine.
I make a regular habit of throwing my friend's Nokia against walls. It's good fun.

Quote from: Roz~ on September 27, 2012, 07:24:33 PMYeah my friend has an Iphone and I didn't like it too much. My brother has a Galaxy, so I'll just check it out and see if I like it.
The thing that's so great about Android is that you can completely customize everything from wallpaper to the interface, so you don't have to adjust to using the phone, you just adjust the phone to working the way you want it. It's open-source capabilities make it awesome. Plus Android supports FLAC, which is important for me because 100% of my music is in FLAC format.

Oh and, I can't completely modify an iPhone to be an Avatar fanboy phone. I can with Android. And that makes me happy.

DrP

Quote from: Roz~ on September 27, 2012, 05:44:01 AMI'm thinking of getting either an Iphone or a Samsung Galaxy. Not sure which one I should buy yet.
The only way an iPhone would be useful for you is that you can text over your data network to anyone else with an iDevice for FREE (so those of us with iMessage)

It works better if you have a mac for all the syncing with iCloud and iPhoto and all the other stuff.

You can still modify an iPhone if you jailbreak it and then modify SpringBoard. A Galaxy S III is a great phone and an iPhone is great in other ways. I just love the new changes in hardware, though iOS 6 is kinda shitty. Jelly Bean and ICS are still pretty amazing, though Android doesn't have much Chinese support as I'd like it to be.

It's all about if you want to go the Apple or the Google route. I would suggest playing around with the Galaxy S III and the new iPhone 5 if you have a chance to go to an Apple Store/Best Buy/Wal Mart/Target or any other electronics store in Canada.

SlowPokemon

IPods/iTunes is fantastic. I hate iPhones, Macs, etc. They're crappily made to break easily, and designed to last only until the next one is released. In addition, it requires that you have EVERYTHING apple/mac which really annoys me. I'm sticking with my android.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

KefkaticFanatic

How does Android not have Chinese support, there's Google Pinyin and you can change OS language... that's all you need really

me irl
[close]

DrP

But what if you don't know the pinyin and you know the character...

you could just draw it and it'll give you the character!

Quote from: SlowPokemon on September 28, 2012, 05:41:53 AMIPods/iTunes is fantastic. I hate iPhones, Macs, etc. They're crappily made to break easily, and designed to last only until the next one is released. In addition, it requires that you have EVERYTHING apple/mac which really annoys me. I'm sticking with my android.
They don't break easily. It's just people mistreat their devices. Not a single one of my apple devices has broken. I've had my Macbook for 3 years and in that same period with my dell, many internal parts had to be replaced MULTIPLE times.

And it's not REQUIRED to have everything mac, it's just easier because they're made by the same company. Just because you don't have iPhoto on a PC doesn't mean you don't get iCloud support... it syncs with Windows Calendar and Photo and everything else. It's just not that seamless as if on a mac.

I'm just presenting the facts, but my opinion on this whole matter: "To each one's own".