News:

Iron gates are a thing of the past! Now, you can access your yard with the all-new NinSheetMusic-brand Teleportation Technology!

Main Menu

Made mah day.

Started by ETFROXX, April 14, 2011, 01:54:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zunawe

Finally got to play Trombone again. Nothing against euphoniums, K-NiGhT/other euphonium players, but Trombones are 100 bazillion times better.

If you didn't know, I play baritone for marching band, so I've only played Trombone for auditions this past few weeks.

I also just found out that Google can define 'bazinga'.
You know you've been playing too much Dragon Quest when you're afraid your Hershey's Kisses are going to flee.

I program things

FSM-Reapr

DrP

So, I had 2nd round interviews in San Jose on Tuesday, and they went very well.

So well, in fact that some time after I got home, I received a phone call from the parter who interviewed me and... ...

I GOT AN INTERNSHIP DURING THE SUMMER!!!!

So this means I'll be spending my summer in San Jose (and perhaps elsewhere -- depends if I get the international rotation) and I'll be having an awesome time! I get my own keycard to access the elevator and EVERYTHING!

And I officially accepted my offer yesterday and therefore it's all official, especially since I started signing documents!

So to anyone who will be in the Bay Area during the summer (this includes San Francisco... come visit me in Santa Clara and San Jose. I'll take you to lunch!)

FSM-Reapr

I swear I haven't done anything that would be against my fiance:

My schedule changed for my last two weeks in the Academy. I have a class with this girl who I met last May(before I met my fiance). I haven't had any classes with her since that May. I guess she didn't notice my ring(or I didn't show that to her), but she asked me for a drink tonight with the look. Ya know, the look. I turned her down but I didn't say I'm engaged, so she thinks I'm still single. Should have I told her or not that I'm engaged?

But this was very flattering. :)

Roz~

Eh I guess if you turned her down she should understand you're not interested.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on February 13, 2013, 01:16:55 PM
Thanks. For a moment there I was worried, though. I almost needed to blow you.

FSM-Reapr

Um. She knows we have big tests next week. So maybe that. Or something. :-[

Roz~

If she asks you again just tell her you're engaged and she should leave you alone =P

FSM-Reapr

Quote from: Roz~ on November 08, 2012, 06:12:07 AMIf she asks you again just tell her you're engaged
Fixed. She's so awesome. I don't want her to never speak to me. :(

But the problem also is: How should I tell this to my fiance?! *gulp*

Roz~

There's nothing to worry about really. It's not like you went out with that girl, you turned her down. Had you gone out with that girl she would've had a good reason to worry, but tbh I don't think she'll fret.

Also finally managed to pick all of my classes for next semester. I only have classes on Monday and Wednesday.
Awwwwwwwww yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!

Ruto

Quote from: Roz~ on November 08, 2012, 10:10:28 AMThere's nothing to worry about really. It's not like you went out with that girl, you turned her down. Had you gone out with that girl she would've had a good reason to worry, but tbh I don't think she'll fret.

Yup, there's no reason to tell her. Don't needlessly upset her since nothing happened after all.

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.

ETFROXX

I replaced my laptop screen! IT'S SO PRETTY.

Also made pretzels.

MasterProX

Finally got my new laptop, praise Jesus.

Bubbles

I've been trying to get into Calculus before I finish my senior year, but the only way I could do that would be to either take a summer class on geometry or double up in math next year, taking geometry and Algebra II at the same time. The problem is, if I did that then I would have to take the regular scheduled history class as a junior in a class full of sophmores, and take a history class senior year with juniors. Those were my only two options, but now my teacher said I can take a test and completely skip geometry :D So Im learning all the basics of geometry off of youtube for the exam, which I think is some time in February. Im way more excited about getting into calculus than I should be

SuperFireKirby

Calc was a second hardest class that I took in high school. First was easily AP Chem. AP Composition was pretty tough too, but unlike Calc and Chem, I'm actually good at writing.

But calculus is still really tough. But I'm also bad at maths that aren't geometry and trigonometry so I might not be the best judge.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

Bubbles

But isnt geometry just basically algebra with shapes? I mean once you know the formulas and how to calculate the angles and sides its just about the same as simple algebra. Everyone always says that youre either good at algebra or geometry, but so far they seem the same to me