News:

Local man invests life savings into turnips. When asked whether it was a wise decision he responded, "Eh. I'm sure someone will buy them."

Main Menu

Made mah day.

Started by ETFROXX, April 14, 2011, 01:54:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikey

Quote from: FierceDeity on January 27, 2014, 07:40:44 PMBut then you won't be able to pull up a page of 27 emails from one college and see their subject titles getting progressively more and more desperate (when I missed one of the "special extended deadlines" this one gave me, they literally replied with the subject title "We missed you, Evan." And yes, they did give me several "special extended deadlines" to apply).

Although, nocturne did get an email from UPenn, from which spam is much more welcome than your St. John's or your St. Olaf's (idk why so many spamming colleges are "St. Something"). But that spam is also much less likely to mean that you'll actually get in.
Yeah I'm not gonna randomly apply to a college I've never heard of lol.  I keep getting messages from Tulane University :/
I'd probably prefer University of Pennsylvania or U of Miami (from which I also got one) but yeah :/  I really have no idea why they're emailing me.
unmotivated

spitllama

They email everybody (who can finish high school or takes the standardized tests). They're just starting advertising early. They usually don't even know if you'd qualify to get in when they send it.
Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012

DrP

Those big packets you get from random universities with application forms already inside them start to come..

and the letters from all the UCs that your school submitted your GPA to (in CA, the top 2% of students in each high school have their GPAs submitted to UC schools and they send a pre-acceptance saying you will automatically get in if you apply -- that's how I got into Davis, Santa Barbara and Santa Cruz).

They just spam you until you tell them no.

SlowPokemon

I wrote a paper about radio stations for Honors English and I referenced Pokemon Silver.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Dude

Added a tsundere intro banter for me in Wii Sports Club.

I wonder if anyone would get it...

SlowPokemon

Quote from: theblackgiantdoghead44 on January 29, 2014, 06:14:08 AMhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&persist_app=1&v=TyCj0mBgnMI

Quote from: Dude on January 29, 2014, 07:32:14 AMA++++ request, but I can't do it until I finish some others :<

Quote from: theblackgiantdoghead44 on January 29, 2014, 02:43:30 PMIt's alright    just take your time then you'll do my request

Quote from: theblackgiantdoghead44 on January 31, 2014, 04:02:08 PMHey wait a minute you know what how bout you go fuck yourself and who ask you to reply my request you mother fucker! >:(

I HAVE BEEN LAUGHING AT THIS FOR FIVE MINUTES

BlackDragonSlayer

And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

SlowPokemon

WHERE THE HELL DID THAT EVEN COME FROM

Yugi

REQUESTS ARE A GLORIOUS THING THAT MUST NOt bE TAMPERED WITH

FierceDeity

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

BGDH: hey I have a request
Dude: Nice request, I'll leave it open as to whether I'll do it or not
BGDH: Nah man that's cool take your time
BGDH: Actually,
What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I'll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I've been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I'm the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You're fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that's just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little "clever" comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn't, you didn't, and now you're paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You're fucking dead, kiddo.

Yugi

And he wonders why no-one does his requests  ::)

Sebastian

Quote from: FierceDeity on January 31, 2014, 04:28:39 PMHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

BGDH: hey I have a request
Dude: Nice request, I'll leave it open as to whether I'll do it or not
BGDH: Nah man that's cool take your time
BGDH: Actually,
What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I'll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I've been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I'm the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You're fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that's just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little "clever" comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn't, you didn't, and now you're paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You're fucking dead, kiddo.
Quote from: Yugi on January 31, 2014, 04:32:13 PMAnd he wonders why no-one does his requests  ::)
Oh brother.
Be kind guys

FierceDeity

I mean, I was just playing off of how entirely disproportionate that response was, but...
It's unfortunate for him that he has such poor communication skills (language barrier?), because it's apparent that he can neither make proper sense of what people say to him nor effectively communicate what he's trying to say. But it's also unfortunate for us that we have to deal with it, and that he seems to be so completely unaware of it. We can say "be nice, regardless of character flaws", but that, to me, seems entirely impractical. To me, with theblackgiantdoghead, it's a question of "Is what he's doing detrimental in any way to members of the community, and is it warranted?". In this case, he just told somebody who'd suggested that they might arrange his request to go fuck themselves, and it was entirely unwarranted. So, accepting him and his current behavior doesn't seem all that reasonable. Is having a little fun at his expense the highest moral road that we could take at this point? No, of course not. But there are much harsher reactions that we could have that would still be deemed reasonable responses.

SlowPokemon

Yugi

Quote from: FierceDeity on January 31, 2014, 05:01:26 PM"be nice, regardless of character flaws"
FierceDiety is a poorly written character guys